Smoke in your eye

seiny

Btw how does this thread keep getting found, I even un-followed it and I still get called back here :mellow:

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

First of all, do you smoke near YOUR PC?!??! That is a big no-no if you are.

Second of all, #HookahMasterRace

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I Also hate when i get cancer

wm-Funny%20Smoking%20Ads.jpg

I wonder who's killed more people, the NHS or smoking?

To bad Linus smokes :P

It happens to me when I smoke a cigg, I just close my eyes hard and wait for it to go.

Does linus actually smoke? Didn't think he was the type.

Dont smoke. Seriously its just bad for everyone, theres no exception. Doesnt even taste well...

Too bad the study that talks about second hand smoke being dangerous never includes the facts of how much second hand smoke you would have to inhale to have an effect, hint, its about as much smoke as a normal smoker inhales on a daily basis.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I wonder who's killed more people, the NHS or smoking?

Does linus actually smoke? Didn't think he was the type.

It's probably a joke.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It's probably a joke.

what the NHS or Linus smoking? I just can't see him smoking, as much of a cheap bastard as he is lol

what the NHS or Linus smoking? I just can't see him smoking, as much of a cheap bastard as he is lol

Linus smoking. It probably will start here and die here. It's a lie. If he did, all his computers are dirty slobs.

Linus smoking. It probably will start here and die here. It's a lie. If he did, all his computers are dirty slobs.

He's too cheap to pay for AC that a fan offered to buy for him, he's no smoker lol.

If he was I would like it just because it would piss off the militant anti-smokers. Something I am an absolute fan of doing.

He's too cheap to pay for AC that a fan offered to buy for him, he's no smoker lol.

If he was I would like it just because it would piss off the militant anti-smokers. Something I am an absolute fan of doing.

Yeah, now that you say that, i should stay away from you. My parents are regular smokers.

Yeah, now that you say that, i should stay away from you. My parents are regular smokers.

Meh, I just get tired of the people bitching about it outdoors, indoors I can understand (somewhat) but if your outdoors, shut your trap because it's not hurting you. In fact if you read the study, spending a little time around a smoker indoors doesnt hurt you. The study in fact says that to get cancer from second hand smoke you would have to essentially inhale as much second hand smoke, as a smoker inhales from smoking. Or it did the last time I looked.

The hell are you guys criticizing OP about smoking so much, so what if he smokes? It's his choice, nobody wants to hear lectures from non-smoking missionaries.

I don't even smoke cigarettes but it bothers me to no end when people try to force their own negative opinions of smoking onto other people, stop.

+1, it's not better (possibly worse) but at least it's more enjoyable.

Error: 410

The hell are you guys criticizing OP about smoking so much, so what if he smokes? It's his choice, nobody wants to hear lectures from non-smoking missionaries.

I don't even smoke cigarettes but it bothers me to no end when people try to force their own negative opinions of smoking onto other people, stop.

+1, it's not better (possibly worse) but at least it's more enjoyable.

Thank you!

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Well studies show that hookah/shisha are much worse than cigarettes - smoking kills, shisha murders

I hate it when lighting a cigarette and the smoke goes in your eye. Your thoughts?

my thoughts are the following

Suck it up, if not for smoke getting in anyones eyes, we would never have the greatest example of a tenor voice of all time

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Maybe you should try lighting it a different way - like a boss for an example.

lMrr3YC.gif?1

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I find it worse that with the new "fire safety cigarettes" that I burn myself with almost every cigarette, because it goes half way out, I have to puff like a steam locomative to get it to flare back up, and when it does a tiny piece of burning paper comes off and lands on my hand/arm/leg/carpet.

Seriously, I've burned myself thousands of times more with the new "fire safety cigarettes" than I ever did with the old school ones.

Edit: the same thing happens if I relight it with a lighter or match

Can you guys stop bumping this thread?

I find the title weird....

I find it worse that with the new "fire safety cigarettes" that I burn myself with almost every cigarette, because it goes half way out, I have to puff like a steam locomative to get it to flare back up, and when it does a tiny piece of burning paper comes off and lands on my hand/arm/leg/carpet.

Seriously, I've burned myself thousands of times more with the new "fire safety cigarettes" than I ever did with the old school ones.

Edit: the same thing happens if I relight it with a lighter or match

Never knew such a thing existed, share a link to it? - Fire safety cigarettes

True, but it felt the most accurate description at the time

Never knew such a thing existed, share a link to it? - Fire safety cigarettes

True, but it felt the most accurate description at the time

I dont know if you smoke, but if you live in the USA, look on the barcode on your next pack, above it will be the letters FSC which means fire safety cigarette.

Basically, they made the paper thicker, and the packing of the cig tighter, so that it goes out on its own if you dont puff on it every so often (which is hit or miss still). They did it because heroin addicts and drunks kept falling asleep with lit cigs and burning houses/apartmentcomplexes/fingers. Its incredibly annoying because when it flares back up, it tends to "run" (when the paper burns faster than the tobacco) and small pieces of burning paper fall off of it. Kind of stupid because they've burnt me and my possessions more than any "normal" cigarette ever did.

I find it morbidly hilarious.

close+competitor+in+coolness+_6523a31ccc

funny-smokers-around-the-world-13.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I dont know if you smoke, but if you live in the USA, look on the barcode on your next pack, above it will be the letters FSC which means fire safety cigarette.

Basically, they made the paper thicker, and the packing of the cig tighter, so that it goes out on its own if you dont puff on it every so often (which is hit or miss still). They did it because heroin addicts and drunks kept falling asleep with lit cigs and burning houses/apartmentcomplexes/fingers. Its incredibly annoying

Wow, I'm not in the US. South Africa actually, we're still old school (kinda) this side - although in the last few years I've noticed cigs switch off like these FSC's but not packed or extra paper.

Wow, I'm not in the US. South Africa actually, we're still old school (kinda) this side - although in the last few years I've noticed cigs switch off like these FSC's but not packed or extra paper.

Its a barely noticeable difference, the only way I ever noticed it was from actual use, and a friend (the one who started me smoking actually) pointed it out to me. In the US when they made these mandatory for all cig companies, they made it mandatory that they print FSC somewhere on the box.

gotta love government, worlds going to shit and they've got nothing better to do.

whats so bad about smoking while at the desk? i mean im not blowing it directly into the pc. but even if i would, i cant imagine that would be dangerous by any means it maybe not negative for some reason but back to just smoking while sitting at the table with your pc on it in the corner. how is it a no-no to smoke a meter away from my pc?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Wow way to rip on him for deciding to smoke lol. 

Sorry mate I don't smoke so I don't know how bothersome it is to get smoke in your eye. I've personally been trying to convince friends who smoke to lay off cigs and do something non-addictive instead. 

I mean seriously, it's deserved. There is no point to this thread, pretty sure OP just wanted to let everyone know how cool he is because he smokes. 

I mean seriously, it's deserved. There is no point to this thread, pretty sure OP just wanted to let everyone know how cool he is because he smokes. 

wow never thought about it but now it makes sense. wow that would be lame. smoking isnt cool its necessary for some. people have asthma but you dont see boys running around with inhalers because its cool. so why is smoking such a cool thing i mean drinking i get because of the change of perception but smoking doesnt even give you that high feeling that alcohol and weed does so why do kids think its soo cool? i never got that part.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

wow never thought about it but now it makes sense. wow that would be lame. smoking isnt cool its necessary for some. people have asthma but you dont see boys running around with inhalers because its cool. so why is smoking such a cool thing i mean drinking i get because of the change of perception but smoking doesnt even give you that high feeling that alcohol and weed does so why do kids think its soo cool? i never got that part.

Idk. I never understood it either.