Rate the Photo Above you

nice rustic look, gets the scorching and stuff on the wood just right, i like how you can still see the moss on the big piece of wood. unfortunately the colour of the flames is a little meh 8/10

this is gonna look really bad due to facebook compression but meh. 

10173582_10204341613290346_2582384231610

Taken at Helsingborg, Sweden on a Sony Xperia T with custom photo settings (can't tell you what because left my phone at home)

Nice photo for a phone shot.  I'm giving this a 8/10 because the foreground is underexposed, however that isn't your fault. Other than that I like the image. 

14688865642_55e8f6b380_h.jpgAudrey 4 by Jarrett_Hunt, on Flickr

I can tell you that this wasn't a easy photo shoot. It was pitch black so I had to use my head lights from the jeep to light her up just a bit. I used a total of two strobes, one placed to her right and one behind her giving the rim light you see. You can't see the effects of the headlights because I use a high enough shutter speed. My lens was focus hunting the whole time missing a few nice shots. However we both walked away happy. 

ISO 250

1/80

F 4.5

50mm 1/8D lens

flash set to 1/32 power. 

Audrey 4 by Jarrett_Hunt, on Flickr

I can tell you that this wasn't a easy photo shoot. It was pitch black so I had to use my head lights from the jeep to light her up just a bit. I used a total of two strobes, one placed to her right and one behind her giving the rim light you see. You can't see the effects of the headlights because I use a high enough shutter speed. My lens was focus hunting the whole time missing a few nice shots. However we both walked away happy. 

ISO 250

1/80

F 4.5

50mm 1/8D lens

flash set to 1/32 power. 

Wow that is a fantastic shot!

I am going to rate this a bit different then I have done in the past I am going to say some stuff I like then stuff I do not like (Like pros and cons)

Liked: (Pros)

Focus 

Lighting 

Great colors 

Framing 

The pose (How the person is not looking at the camera)

Disliked (Cons)

The focus/lighting on the hair on the far right side (Not a big deal just giving my opinion)

The orange dot in the dead center of the photo (I find it kinda distracting)

Overall 9.9/10

Let me know if any of you like how I rated this photo as I will keep doing it this way :)

14694254925_bfd372397e_o.jpgPhoto 1 by Downpour Photography, on Flickr

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

9/10 great shot! perfectly exposed even though it looks like HDR.

GdplYZ2.jpg

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I love this photo. I'm a portrait photographer so I'm going to rate this as 10/10. Why? Because it shows emotion, was captured during golden hour, and the lighting is perfect. Keep up the great work. 

Thank you for the kind words!

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

No HDR here!

-snip-

9/10 love the focus on the badge!

I took this picture with my little cheap Sony camera, nothing special ;)

DzeG6Pc.jpg

Audrey 4 by Jarrett_Hunt, on Flickr

ISO 250

1/80

F 4.5

50mm 1/8D lens

flash set to 1/32 power. 

lol ignore me, i didn't read your post.

9/10 love the focus on the badge!

I took this picture with my little cheap Sony camera, nothing special ;)

<snip>

I like it though I am not sure what the focus is, the car or the sign? 6.5/10

This is one I took a few weeks ago, I did some light editing in GIMP (Mainly cropping and a little colour correction to make it look a bit grittier being it is a dirt bike). The unedited picture was taken f/5.6, 1/160 sec exposure and ISO-400.

14679570486_fb5d644917_k.jpg

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

7/10. Its a clean shot, but its not "going" anywhere, if that makes sense. I'm not drawn to any one part of it. 

-snip-

dat panning! Mine was terrible when at a car show...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

dat panning! Mine was terrible when at a car show...

If I've learned one thing is that panning is 60% skill, 40% spamming the shutter button till you have what you want.

I love my 7D and its burst rate and RAW buffer. Lets me be a little lazy and win by simply having so many shots to pick from.

Downside is that I have to dig through 90% mediocrity to get at the 10% of the card that is really good.

If I've learned one thing is that panning is 60% skill, 40% spamming the shutter button till you have what you want.

I love my 7D and its burst rate and RAW buffer. Lets me be a little lazy and win by simply having so many shots to pick from.

Downside is that I have to dig through 90% mediocrity to get at the 10% of the card that is really good.

Using a 50D but I love my RAW images so I can't really hold the shutter down because it takes only a bit to run out of buffer...

Save up for dat Canon 1DX

7/10. Its a clean shot, but its not "going" anywhere, if that makes sense. I'm not drawn to any one part of it. 

-snip-

As I said, 'dat panning.' Great colours 10/10! Americans, this is our Chevy SS.

post-64328-0-83750200-1405922384_thumb.j

8-10 I like the color-pop of your final image. The time of day and angle kinda makes a giant reflection off the windshield which is blown out and looks like the same color as the sky, but it didn't affect the rest of the image.

8w1f4ik1qzczueqfg.jpg?size_id=b

Wow that is a fantastic shot!

I am going to rate this a bit different then I have done in the past I am going to say some stuff I like then stuff I do not like (Like pros and cons)

Liked: (Pros)

Focus 

Lighting 

Great colors 

Framing 

The pose (How the person is not looking at the camera)

Disliked (Cons)

The focus/lighting on the hair on the far right side (Not a big deal just giving my opinion)

The orange dot in the dead center of the photo (I find it kinda distracting)

Overall 9.9/10

Let me know if any of you like how I rated this photo as I will keep doing it this way :)

Sounds like a better rating system than just throwing out numbers. At least the poster knows why he/she got the score. 

8-10 I like the color-pop of your final image. The time of day and angle kinda makes a giant reflection off the windshield which is blown out and looks like the same color as the sky, but it didn't affect the rest of the image.

<snip>

I like your subject, birds can be difficult to photograph as they move a lot. I do think the image is to dark though, you can't see any detail on the crow (I assume its a crow) and that bright red bin to the right is very distracting, I also think this would benefit from a more out of focus background. But credit where credit is due, you have captured the bird at a very nice angle. Over all I would say 7/10.

The settings for this image were f/5.6, 1/60 sec exposure time amd ISO-6400

14541814653_7b7837ff99_k.jpg

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

Liked(Pros)

The angle 

Focus on the bird 

Disliked (Cons)

The background is way distracting 

And I do not like the framing (A bit to centered for me)

Overall 6.5/10

14518697168_f6845b6c6b_s.jpgBees knees by Downpour Photography, on Flickr

Edit I am not sure why its showing up so small.... just hit the bees knees link to see the full size img :)

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Liked(Pros)

The angle 

Focus on the bird 

Disliked (Cons)

The background is way distracting 

And I do not like the framing (A bit to centered for me)

Overall 6.5/10

14518697168_f6845b6c6b_s.jpgBees knees by Downpour Photography, on Flickr

Edit I am not sure why its showing up so small.... just hit the bees knees link to see the full size img :)

Decent image. Looks like your focus was all borked or something. You should have re-shot the image several times to get the focus correct otherwise it's a potato image. I good quote I like is, (this isn't the exact quote, BTW) "If you aren't going to post your best work, don't post it at all". I used to post my potato work too until I heard that. 

I like my subject centered, but 1/3rds also work. 

7/10

01c54f8e6b.JPG

I like your subject, birds can be difficult to photograph as they move a lot. I do think the image is to dark though, you can't see any detail on the crow (I assume its a crow) and that bright red bin to the right is very distracting, I also think this would benefit from a more out of focus background. But credit where credit is due, you have captured the bird at a very nice angle. Over all I would say 7/10.

The settings for this image were f/5.6, 1/60 sec exposure time amd ISO-6400

I rated the wrong photo sorry

I give you a 8/10 sorry I do not have time to say a lot about the photo.

Yeah, I don't really have any fancy equipment. I used a Nikon s9500 zoomed all the way in on a dark cloudy day.

I dont think there's any photos left to rate :P

I'll rate @upliftsleet1974 's Bees Knees pic then.

I really like how you can see the details of the bee, even some of the individual hairs. But the depth of field is a little too shallow. Also don't really want to see the Bee's butt (abdomen)  :P 8/10

A surprisingly detailed pic I took awhile ago. I know it contrasts to have black on black but I kinda like the effect on this one.

BtA88cb.jpg

8/10, like the composition and the contrast but DAMNIT CLEAN THAT TABLE!! :P 

Not sure if I've posted this one yet, hard to keep track. I'm getting old. And tired. Mainly lazy. 

mCUfOsH.jpg