Worst Computer Advice You've Ever Given Someone?

nosirrah123

no sorry, it isn't!

filling up a hard drive will slow thing down

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Don't forget to wash your hands after you touched your PC, That is an advice!

I use gloves :P

filling up a hard drive will slow thing down

depends it wont actualy read it at boot it wil start at the mbr and then start windows depending on what is set to launch at boot will determain how fast all is loaded. just dont install stuff with the express settings so it will all start loading at launch.

Besides the start of a HDD is faster then the end so windows will on general be installed at the start (does not apply to SSD's though).

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

"You should buy Apple"

HAH

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Yep, you win the prize for worst advice :P

Sadly I think you're right.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

"You should buy Apple"

HAH

if you are a billioner

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

if you are a billioner

yeah nope. You are still better of with a PC

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

That was good advice, you should have gotten more ssds

Well I now own 4 SSDs and 5 HDDs including my externals. I am also in the market for about 8 more HDD at 4tb capacity each.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

You should take a hammer to an iPhone to fix the screen.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

When I started playing wow I made a dwarf and the dwarf's racial mount was a Ram. I complained once to someone in game about how shit my computer was and they told me...

"Dude the more rams you collect, the faster your computer will go." I got up to about 5 rams when i realized it was a joke...

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

sometimes putting your games at a higher resolution increases performance

duel/tri monitors doesn't do anything but slow your computer down all AMD chips run hot,

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Your "friend" sucks. Seriously.  :huh:

yep so now im back to the ways i have always come across my windows for a great price and told my dad to do it that way

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

If you want to liquid cool your PC just put it a bathtub filled with cold water and plug it in.

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

To freeze a HDD. Can't remember what issue I had with it but apparently it was a viable solution.

It didn't work.

DISCIPLE OF HIS HOLINESS, GABEN FIRST OF HIS NAME FOR NOW AND THE END OF TIME

STEAM - Brendson | ORIGIN - LGBrendson | BATTLE.NET - Brendson#2793

PLACES TO FOLLOW ME - Pastebin

I am the one who advises! None advises me!

This I only ask for opinions on this forum. Unless something strange has happened like my issue with CSGO awhile back.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

1) Always use tons of thermal paste when installing your CPU

2) Antistatic is a myth. It cant kill your Hardware

3) When Shopping for a GPU/CPU always compare the Specs, even though you compare different chips

4) PSU Wattage doesnt matter. When your PSU doesnt have enough power some components will not run but thats fine.

5) Changing stuff in the BIOS kills your PC

6) You can definitly use it in your PC. (For almost any HW you buy in a shitty retail store)

7) Install Tune Up it speeds up your PC

8) Use as many Anti Virus Programs as possible for the best protection

I think thats all bad advice ive ever got.

▼ Im with Stoopid

I never really got an advice, but I've heard some crazy shit from 14 year olds. 

"I have an i7 and I can play hardcore games at ultra settings" (Does not even have a GFX Card.)

"My Laptop is better than your Desktop PC." 

I can't really remember anything at the moment

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

Don't buy nvidia , their gpus melt the damn pc ! ( then 290x comes along )

Legitimately thought I got pranked all those years ago when I read it. Was funny at the time because my then boss tried the same thing and then went onto rapidly moving his arm from a horizontally stretched out position into his chest.

DISCIPLE OF HIS HOLINESS, GABEN FIRST OF HIS NAME FOR NOW AND THE END OF TIME

STEAM - Brendson | ORIGIN - LGBrendson | BATTLE.NET - Brendson#2793

PLACES TO FOLLOW ME - Pastebin

An 8350 is better than a 4770/4790k in every way.

You don't need an ssd, who cares if your game takes a second to load compared to 1 minute?!?!?

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ