STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

I'm getting Fallout 3 Game of the Year, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate, Tomb Raider Game of the Year, Borderlands 2 Game of the Year and Nether today and I just might stop buying there.

I've got all the games I was waiting a Sale for and then some, the only thing I'm still looking forward for is 75% or less off from Portal and Portal 2.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I'm getting Fallout 3 Game of the Year, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate, Tomb Raider Game of the Year, Borderlands 2 Game of the Year and Nether today and I just might stop buying there.

I've got all the games I was waiting a Sale for and then some, the only thing I'm still looking forward for is 75% or less off from Portal and Portal 2.

You will grow weak again as the sale continues, the power of gaben compels thee.

You will grow weak again as the sale continues, the power of gaben compels thee.

lol I really can't think of any game I'd be interested in by now.

Even with all the games I bought last week I spent most of the weekend playing Skyrim and Primal Carnage again

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Dat discount xD

VvFxyv3.jpg

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

Crying Spot (Brutal Legend)
Dark Ophelia (Brutal Legend)
Crawler (Killing Floor)
Husk (Killing Floor)
Fleshpound (Killing Floor)
Monster in the shadows (Sniper Elite V2)
Medic (TF2)

I am looking to trade for Chris Walker and Father Martin from Outlast.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Dat discount xD

VvFxyv3.jpg

Meanwhile I paid $2.99 for each copy. :S

Not too impressed, so far. I may pick up Tomb Raider, if they manage to drop the price a bit more towards the end of the sale. Otherwise, meh...

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

I'm pretty tempted by Dark Souls, still not played it and I hear good things, matter of fact same goes for FTL.

Surgeon simulator for $2.49? That might have to happen... 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Not too impressed, so far. I may pick up Tomb Raider, if they manage to drop the price a bit more towards the end of the sale. Otherwise, meh...

It's been going pretty well for me honestly, and that's bad news for my wallet.

I'm pretty tempted by Dark Souls, still not played it and I hear good things, matter of fact same goes for FTL.

How have you not played Dark Souls yet? How is that possible? It's an amazing game, go get it! Also, make sure to apply DS fix and make sure that you have a controller to make it playable.

And I picked up Risk of Rain, might be pretty fun.

What Nohrellas said. Get a controller and apply the mods. It's a great game. :D Multiplayer is preferred. It makes the game more fun imo. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

How have you not played Dark Souls yet? How is that possible? It's an amazing game, go get it! Also, make sure to apply DS fix and make sure that you have a controller to make it playable.

What Nohrellas said. Get a controller and apply the mods. It's a great game. :D Multiplayer is preferred. It makes the game more fun imo. 

So they released a PC game that is locked to 720p am I missing something?

The trading card game is starting to bother me.  Trying so hard to get a couple more of our accounts up to level 8 but it has become a struggle. 

The trading card game is starting to bother me.  Trying so hard to get a couple more of our accounts up to level 8 but it has become a struggle. 

I can honestly say IDGAF about the entire thing, the hell with it it's too damn confusing and ill instructed for me to bother with.

Let's do math. 

Steam gets 5% of all transactions. Minimum is $0.01. i.e. if the sale is $0.10, they won't get $0.005, they will get $0.01

It says that 94,000 of one of the Steam Summer Adventure cards have been sold in the last 24 hours. The going price is currently $0.25 roughly. 5% of that is rounded to $0.02. 

94,000 * 0.02 = $1880.00

Steam made $1880 on that one trading card in 24 hours. Holy fricking crap. Now multiply that by all the trading cards (thousands of them), and that the devs for video game specific cards get 10% of the transaction (although their transactions per 24 hours isn't nearly as high as the steam Sale cards). 

Then add in everything else. Backgrounds, emotes, and in game items (TF2 alone must be worth literal Millions).

... Steam is making that bank. :|

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Steam is making that bank. :|

Interesting post, I'm not down to be a gatherer ant for that to be honest, like I said a post above I'm out.

Thanks for the people that voted that group of games that had Nether in it. Definitely wanted to buy and got two copies. :)

I got me some nether!

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Can anyone chime in on the gamepad support in the LEGO games? Will this work with a PlayStation to USB adapter and a Dual Shock 1 controller?

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Dark Souls is unavailable to me. Then again it has GFWL so I wasn't too keen on picking it up.

I can heartily recommend everyone Rogue Legacy. It's a great game.

FTL is good too but it is much much more brutal in terms of difficulty. I have yet to beat it.

In other news, the madness of the single team domination continues in the daily races. :wacko:

Finally Blue is winning. I can't believe how Pink is owning every other team.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Finally Blue is winning. I can't believe how Pink is owning every other team.

TBH, I think Steam is manipulating it so that each team wins at least once. Nobody has won more than once yet. And everyone who has won has absolutely destroyed the competition with the exception of Red VS Purple on Day 2. But even then, that wasn't close. 

† Christian Member †