STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

RaZoRMix since you said you are about single player then definitely buy Saints Row 4.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Lol i hate buying dlc after i bought the game so i'll just wait for complete edition of sr4 and then buy all the stuff like askew said, i really like borderlands 2 with the random guns spawn, graphic and everything else, one question thou, is borderlands 2 goty with all the dlc? Thanks

Lol i hate buying dlc after i bought the game so i'll just wait for complete edition of sr4 and then buy all the stuff like askew said, i really like borderlands 2 with the random guns spawn, graphic and everything else, one question thou, is borderlands 2 goty with all the dlc? Thanks

Yeah, all DLC.

Ok tomorrow i will buy borderlands 2 goty, hey can i add u to my steam friends?

So I asked someone about the stealing points thing. You can craft cards or get card drops that steal points from some or can force another member onto another team, giving them all of that person's points to the new team.

And I wish the Tomb Raider Complete Pack was up at that price earlier. At 18$ that is a steal. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

So I asked someone about the stealing points thing. You can craft cards or get card drops that steal points from some or can force another member onto another team, giving them all of that person's points to the new team.

And I wish the Tomb Raider Complete Pack was up at that price earlier. At 18$ that is a steal. :lol:

I wished that Castle Crashers was on a Flash sale earlier... It's like $1 and $2 for BattleBlock Theater. Nope, paid double instead. Oh well, it's Steam sale: the time of year where you feel pain and suffering while buying hundreds of games.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Ok tomorrow i will buy borderlands 2 goty, hey can i add u to my steam friends?

When you're replying to someone, use the 'quote' button and they get a notification.

What's your steam ID?

Guys the more I play Urban Trial Freestyle the more I love it.  Nice to play a game that is challenging but also makes me laugh so hard sometimes.  Definitely recommend it to others.  It is only 99 cents too. http://store.steampowered.com/app/243450/?snr=1_5_9__205

When you're replying to someone, use the 'quote' button and they get a notification.

What's your steam ID?

can't mp with my phone, however my id is razor00731

Kept things under $12 spent thus far and got quite a bit for it I'd say.  Thanks Steam.  All Praise Lord Gaben!

The last 2 flash/community sales were pretty disappointing for me. And for the next one I'd only consider getting Sim City 4...... Rising Storm is actually really good, but I'm not up for a multiplayer shooter right now. Overall, meh.

The last 2 flash/community sales were pretty disappointing for me. And for the next one I'd only consider getting Sim City 4...... Rising Storm is actually really good, but I'm not up for a multiplayer shooter right now. Overall, meh.

Spec Ops: The Line is a very good game.

General question: Do you guys often buy games just because you want to own them? Not knowing if you'll actually ever play them

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

General question: Do you guys often buy games just because you want to own them? Not knowing if you'll actually ever play them

No, I intend to play all the games I buy unless it's something like a Humble Bundle that allows me to get a game I want real cheap and happens to come with games I'm not interested in as well.

Not at all. I rarely buy games anymore (no more time to play due to family business). During this year Summer Sale, I finally bought Far Cry 3 and intend to buy Tomb Raider today or tomorrow. I've been wanting to play these games since they got release, but I didn't want to pay full price because I play now about 3H/week.

But to answer your original question, I buy a game because I've been looking at it for a long time and I want to play it :) My goal isn't to have an impressive list of games in Steam !

No, not really. Just hoarding games without ever playing them is not really smart IMO. There are games that I don't touch for several months but I will eventually play them all.

I buy games because I think I am trying to keep a part of my youth that I enjoyed. I also think I buy the games hoping one day my son will once again want to play games other than NHL EA games or TF2 (He is banned by me from playing the latter) again and share time with me playing games I like and ones that he liked in the past but just gave up on.  I also have to say I don't pay that much for games and therefore I don't mind some of the investments I make whether I play the games now or a long time from now but I will say I have to cut back on this a bit and I think during the Steam Summer Sale 2014 I have done this somewhat.

So far I've bought;

Halo Spartan Assault

DayZ

Hitman: Absolution

Outlast 

Finished Outlast is a single sitting today which is extremely rare of me to do...that's how much I enjoyed it. It took me 7 hours and any other game of this length would typically take me 2-3 sessions to complete.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

So far I've spent just about €99 on the Steam and Gamersgate summer sales, on about 35 games.

And also about $60 on the GOG summer sale.

Highlight of the summer sale period: Planet Explorers and The Wolf Among Us directly from Steam, and Contrast for €4.99 from Gamersgate (Steam key)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Guacamelee and Sim City 4 Deluxe, yay or nay? Both are 2.50€, but I'm not sure about Guacamelee. I really don't like the artstyle, is the gameplay really that good?

I think you should avoid a game you didn't really like. If you hate the artstyle then probably you will start to hate also the gameplay playing the game, because you couldn't stand something, it happened to me with dark souls 2 with that shitty commands, but is just my opinion...

Edit: First, here's a list of mostly current games you can get for less than $1.

So I did some research on /r/Steam and apparently while crafting the Steam Summer Adventure badge, you have a small chance of getting a Token that you can allow you to change which team you are on. 

So you can literally buy which team you are on each day for around $2-$3. 

It's entirely possible the rich people are moving to one team and pushing them to victory by buying up all the cards. Since you can steal points too, they can keep every other team tied and waaay behind. I'm not sure what happens if you get points then change teams in the same day. That may be what it means by "steal points". Not sure though.

So it is probably rigged, either by Valve or somebody with lots of money and time who likes playing games within games (gameception). 

The problem is that the results of each race are counter-intuitive to what seems logical. If it's rigged by Valve, then people will craft less (thus meaning less profits for Valve) because if 1 team is guaranteed to win, why bother crafting in the other 4 teams for the sake of the competition?

If it's rigged by players, it is waaaay too perfect. Unless some Arabian oil tycoon's son is paying people to spend his money to keep the race as it is, it's just waaay too perfect. 

Hopefully Valve comments on the race results afterwards with info to show "Hey, you guys did this, not us." 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

So I did some research on /r/Steam

Again very interesting post.

Today is megablue, I can only conclude that valve are controlling this, because even if people are manipulating one team to win, how are they so perfectly balancing the scores of all the other teams?

be388b83d7856d1b7f0647975d4270d4.png