STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

Darksiders games are good, Death is such a badass.

155618b87a11d41bb44f5aec6a8d05f6.png

All my yes. I loved the Darksiders games. I bought the THQ bundle for $20 when they went bankrupt. It was 100% worth it just for those games. 

My first purchase of the sale, I pirated episode 1 to see what it was like and it was very good and the aesthetic/noir style really appealed to me so I'm buying it now to play the rest.

278237cf68ca8518d41f055dd3b5323f.png

I need to play this. I'm considering buying it when it's even cheaper.

Unfortunately, a lot of the Daily deals today are games I already own thanks to Playstation Plus. I already have Outlast, Borderlands 2, Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning, and Tomb Raider because of it. Pretty sweet honestly. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Unfortunately, a lot of the Daily deals today are games I already own thanks to Playstation Plus. I already have Outlast, Borderlands 2, Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning, and Tomb Raider because of it. Pretty sweet honestly. 

PlayStation Plus is a real thing of beauty, when they announced that you'd need PS+ to play online on PS4 I thought to myself, "I know this isn't good for consumers as a whole, but it's really indifferent to me because I'm never giving this hot sweet shit up, it's been just too good to me baby!"

I have a lot of cool games from PS+ including some of my real favourites like Ico/Catherine/MGS HD collection...

I do however concur with your situation, I own a lot of the games already, I have Borderlands 2 on PC (no DLC but I don't really like the game, I only bought it to play co-op with friends but I didn't really dig it TBH), Kingdoms of Amalur on PC, I actually bought retail and have on Origin (fun combat, worst RPG story I've ever experienced), and Tomb Raider also on PC which I bought retail and thoroughly enjoyed playing (dat ass, come on you know she's fine even though she's digital daym..)

Yes! I think Darksiders 2 won since it's part of the Fantasy - Hack n' Slash option! YES!!! Also, I'm apparently on the pink team - I missed the "Get Started" button or whatever it was called and completely ignored it the first time on the page. Hell, yeah, supporting breast cancer awareness, mutha-bleep-er!

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

i got a good chuck already. far cry series, bulletstorm, rage, skyrim legendary, and og borderlands GTY (since i want my saves in the cloud since i have the disc i bought years ago)

Good collection of games you acquired there. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Eh I can't get myself to buy Metro: Last Light non Redux.  No way.  I really do want to see these graphical and game improvements in the Redux versions and so I am going to wait but I may be waiting til the next big sale when they are severely discounted. Steam Summer Sale 2015. Heh

The redux version will basically look the same, they are only adding a few more animations (looking at the map, knifing, etc.) and giving you the option to play with the 2033 style of gameplay. That's it afaik. Not buying last light because of the graphics in redux is not a real argument as far as we can tell.

My first purchase of the sale, I pirated episode 1 to see what it was like and it was very good, the aesthetic/noir style really appealed to me so I'm buying it now to play the rest.

278237cf68ca8518d41f055dd3b5323f.png

I just got it as well. I'll wait for the last episode to come out and then play it. I watched a let's play of the first episode and I absolutely fell in love with the setting and the idea behind this. I might as well read up on the original "fables" comics.

I also got Tomb Raider, it was just too good for that price...... Oh, and I hope you guys are all voting for FPS - RPG on the community sale now? I really want that Deus Ex directors cut~ I guess many people will be voting for it because of Fallout new vegas as well, so don't disappoint me steam community!

Tempted to get this because it looks like a laugh. (image is a link)

ff5d4f1d50b08cb826b17cd4472263d5.png

Brütal Legend is actually really funny if you like metal. The gameplay is pretty solid as well (I have no clue about the PC port though) there are just a few weird elements to it. I'd say that it's a good buy for 3 bucks.

Picked up tomb raider and metro last light

Thinking of buying darksiders 2, seems like a cool game to play.

Is there a good story to Darksiders 2? Thats what i care most about in games. And would it be worth picking up the franchise pack? 10.99€ for the first & second game and dlc. I probably wont be playing the first darksiders game but who knows :=p

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

Good collection of games you acquired there. :)

thanks man just picked up brutal legend as well i couldnt resist at 3$.....ohhhhhh the antics behind the summer sale

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Oh, and I hope you guys are all voting for FPS - RPG on the community sale now? I really want that Deus Ex directors cut~ I guess many people will be voting for it because of Fallout new vegas as well, so don't disappoint me steam community!

I think this might be a close one, Civ 5 is extremely popular and a lot of people are going to vote for it.

DE-HR: DC is a great title, I'm a sucker for Deus Ex I own the original version/DLC and the DC. :mellow:

The Wolf Among Us, as I grasped from the first episode has a really cool dark/gritty noir fantasy setting kind of like the TV show Grimm maybe.. The voice acting is top drawer and the whole twisted fairytale storyline is something that appeals to me a lot.

Is there a good story to Darksiders 2? Thats what i care most about in games. And would it be worth picking up the franchise pack? 10.99€ for the first & second game and dlc. I probably wont be playing the first darksiders game but who knows :=p

While cool, the story isn't hugely deep as the game is primarily an action game, but it does have enough substance to remain interesting.

Picked up tomb raider and metro last light

Thinking of buying darksiders 2, seems like a cool game to play.

The story is okay (not amazing but it's also not boring you to death *bad-dum, tsh!*) the gameplay is really good though. It's like a very mature Zelda somehow, with really good combat and tons of puzzles. I'd say that it's worth 11€ for both games, definitely.

Voted for fps rpg but I own three outta four already xD

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Thanks for this vote.  I really want Nether!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

nbd lol

That's what I want to hear! I really hope that most people who are really into strategy games already have Civ V.....

That's what I want to hear! I really hope that most people who are really into strategy games already have Civ V.....

most people own most if not all civ games. my wife isnt even a gamer and owns 3 of em!!!! anything to help my boys and gals out at LTT

I did vote FPS RPG.

Nether is the one i dont own and its looks sick!!! i my join you in that!

thanks man just picked up brutal legend as well i couldnt resist at 3$.....ohhhhhh the antics behind the summer sale

My friends say Brutal Legend is pretty good so you might not be disappointed even with a 3$ purchase. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Nether is the one i dont own and its looks sick!!! i my join you in that!

I was eyeing this game too, looks shiny, I saw a few youtubers played it when it first appeared but it seems to have fizzled out a bit.

I don't think it's a turkey though so maybe we'll see if it wins the community choice.

My friends say Brutal Legend is pretty good so you might not be disappointed even with a 3$ purchase. :)

a lot of reviews on steam were thumbs up and i loveeeee me some metal!

I was eyeing this game too, looks shiny, I saw a few youtubers played it when it first appeared but it seems to have fizzled out a bit.

I don't think it's a turkey though so maybe we'll see if it wins the community choice.

granted if it wins 7$ or 9$ isnt too bad for how polished it looks