STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

You're welcome bro. IKR? I need to finish the 99c section. For some reason, my Teal/Dark Green formatting is gone. D: WHYYY? That is such a pain in the butt to do! ... Oh well. AGAIN!

Not sure what happened. It was gone, then I went to edit the post, then it was there again. I just saved it and it was fine. *phyew*

If you want to link that post in the OP since these sales are constant and won't change until the SSS is over, that's cool. You don't have to. I just thought it'd be nice since pretty much anyone can buy these as cheap as they are.

I was planning to ask you if you wanted that to happen when it was finished, yeah sure I'll link it now.

This thread has a lot of traffic so hopefully people will see it :D

The struggles of getting a job and getting paid the day after the steam sale's end.

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

@Vitalius check your spolier on OP, I've put you under the main deal sections, let me know if it's not done right or if you want the wording changed/me to move it somewhere, just let me know and it shall be done :)

The struggles of getting a job and getting paid the day after the steam sale's end.

I can imagine it now...

Jim-Alley-Darth-Vader-Office.jpg

Funny_darth_vader.jpg

Oh, how the might have fallen...

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

@Vitalius check your spolier on OP, I've put you under the main deal sections, let me know if it's not done right or if you want the wording changed/me to move it somewhere, just let me know and it shall be done :)

Thanks bro. That's perfect. It will be done within a few hours.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I just grabbed Call of Juarez: Gunslinger from the Flash Sale. :)

I'm surprised the current No1 seller is Rayman: Legends!

I can imagine it now...

Jim-Alley-Darth-Vader-Office.jpg

Funny_darth_vader.jpg

Oh, how the might have fallen...

This is the greatest picture I've ever seen 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

BTW if you guys have never played Bastion, better fix that..

I love Bastion! *that Terminal March song!*

And yeah, I agree. If anyone here hasn't played it yet, they should. It is a great game with a wonderful soundtrack and fun visuals. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I love Bastion! *that Terminal March song!*

And yeah, I agree. If anyone here hasn't played it yet, they should. It is a great game with a wonderful soundtrack and fun visuals. :)

The soundtrack crown has to go to its sequel, Transistor. (I think I posted the OST for you in another thread)

The soundtrack crown has to go to its sequel, Transistor. (I think I posted the OST for you in another thread)

Yea, you posted the soundtrack in the listening thread. :)

Wait...that game you posted is a sequel to Bastion?! Now I must have it! :wub:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Yea, you posted the soundtrack in the listening thread. :)

Wait...that game you posted is a sequel to Bastion?! Now I must have it! :wub:

It's the next game by that developer, it carries the same narration and artstyle but the protagonist is different and so is the setting. :)

I just grabbed Call of Juarez: Gunslinger from the Flash Sale. :)

I'm surprised the current No1 seller is Rayman: Legends!

Rayman Legends is meant to be played on the Wii U so people who buy this are stupid.  They are not getting the real experience.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I already have everything. 

Have a gander in here.

And yes it is nice to have everything in one place, that's half of Steam's appeal for me.

Still waiting on Left 4 Dead & Left 4 Dead 2. They're the last games I want and haven't broken 50% off yet. They're still $9.99 each but the bundle is $14.99 which is only 50%. Come on Valve / Steam, throw an old man a bone.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Is it possible for watchdogs to be on sale? :<

i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz | Stock Cooler :/ | ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X EXTREME | Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 960 100th ME 2GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Seasonic m12ii evo 750W | Razer Modded Phantom 410

Possibly a small discount, but nothing large yet.

I don't recommend buying the game or giving money to Ubisoft.

Possibly a small discount, but nothing large yet.

I don't recommend buying the game or giving money to Ubisoft.

I wouldn't even say that you shouldn't buy it because of Ubisoft, but rather because it's a very bland game overall (both graphically and in terms of gameplay). Not worth the full price IMO.

Blergh, nothing good on the flash sale and the upcoming community sale sucks as well.... Oh well, let's wait another 8 hours.

So me and my nephew played a game of Archon Classic Battle Chess against each other this morning. It was epic. I love this game. I haven't played many of the other ones yet, but I know this one is something I'd be willing to buy for $3-$5. 

It's so simple, yet so cool. :D

For those who don't know what battle chess is, it's basically chess, except you do it with mythical monsters. For example, I had a unicorn as my knight, while my nephew had a basilisk. When two pieces enter the same space, you fight each other in a 1v1 match using their abilities. The unicorn can fire it's horn as a projectile and do a dashing attack, while the basilisk can make mini-basilisks and fire stone-eye gazes at things. 

Then there are trolls, valkyries, archers, banshees, knights, wizards, sorcerers, manticores (lions with flail tails), and goblins. Each with their own set of abilities. 

The game is so fun. You can even play 4 player free for all, and either use computer opponents, or actually play with 4 different people. You only need 1 keyboard, since there are very few controls (movement, then 2 attacks), but we had 1 for each of us and it recognized & accepted commands from both. 

I highly recommend this game, if you can't tell. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Haven't seen it go on sale yet. We'll probably have to wait until the last day or two before we see any kind of discount and even then don't expect 75% or even 50% off.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

General question: Do you guys often buy games just because you want to own them? Not knowing if you'll actually ever play them

Hmm love this theory

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Haven't seen it go on sale yet. We'll probably have to wait until the last day or two before we see any kind of discount and even then don't expect 75% or even 50% off.

I reckon no more than 25-30% off is likely if even that.

Rayman Legends is meant to be played on the Wii U so people who buy this are stupid.  They are not getting the real experience.

What? I thought it was a multi platform game? What is different on Wii U, touch control?

@Askew, I'm done with my list. I had to recolor some titles because I had made a mistake the first time. Totals for all of it are at the top of the spoiler now. Might want to read through and check the ones I re-categorized.

† Christian Member †