STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

TBH, I think Steam is manipulating it so that each team wins at least once. Nobody has won more than once yet. And everyone who has won has absolutely destroyed the competition with the exception of Red VS Purple on Day 2. But even then, that wasn't close. 

It sure looks that way.

TBH, I think Steam is manipulating it so that each team wins at least once. Nobody has won more than once yet. And everyone who has won has absolutely destroyed the competition with the exception of Red VS Purple on Day 2. But even then, that wasn't close. 

Didn't Pink win the first day as well? But I do believe there is some manipulation. If not there is no reason for winner to change, the most productive team will continue to win each day.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

lol I was about to buy that, thanks for saving me. :)

IKR? It's terrible. GFWL should be dead soon though. Then you can play it without it I think. Not sure though. I'd check first. 

I say the game is worth GFWL's hassle personally. It's a great game.

Edit: @Askew, Disclaimer: I've spent over 500 hours in the DeS/DaS series. Most of it was on DeS and DaS I. I've still yet to have the time to really get into DaS II. 

Didn't Pink win the first day as well? But I do believe there is some manipulation. If not there is no reason for winner to change, the most productive team will continue to win each day.

Nope. Purple won Day 1. Red won Day 2. Green won Day 3. Pink won Day 4, and now Blue is looking to win Day 5. 

The only day where it was even remotely close was Day 2 with Purple half way between everyone else and Red, but that wasn't even close at all. It was just "relatively" close.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I say the game is worth GFWL's hassle personally. It's a great game.

Not for me, after I had issues signing in and couldn't save the game in GTA IV every time I wanted to play it, and after all of my save files in Fallout 3 were moved/deleted by it after 90 odd hours of play I'm not going near it again.

People hate on origin a lot, but I've never personally had issues with it, people hate on Uplay a lot, and it has some annoying problems that annoy me, but GFWL I've had first hand nightmares with and won't touch it with a barge pole.

No love for GFWL?  Sorry but Steam, Origin, Uplay and other stuff out there I know of is DRM too.  I really don't get the hate as we are having to deal with it anyway for other games from other companies.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

No love for GFWL?  Sorry but Steam, Origin, Uplay and other stuff out there I know of is DRM too.  I really don't get the hate as we are having to deal with it anyway for other games from other companies.

I'd rather uplay didn't exist, and yes steamworks is DRM but at least it always seems to function correctly, GFWL often does not and that's why everyone hates it because of the situation it leaves you in (unable to save games) when it stops working.

-snip-

I've had similar issues with getting Dark Souls to play. Basically, the "profile" that a product key is activated and linked to is the computer it's on. It's makes 0 sense. I tried activating it after wiping my computer for Windows 8, and it said it was attached to my account. I've only ever had 1 GFWL account and I had activated Dark Souls' product key with that account. Then I researched it and found out the absurdness of the way they treat activations and tie them to the computer, rather than the profile, even though they say it's linked to the profile.

There was an easy way around it though. Log into GFWL, then just exit the overlay while the error is up about activating the product key. Then it will let you play in offline mode and save just fine.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

So they released a PC game that is locked to 720p am I missing something?

It is locked at 720p and 30 fps, yeah. But that's what DS fix is for, it unlocks the framerate and lets you play at your native resolution. Usually I'd say screw all games that have a horrible PC port or that come with GFWL, but Dark Souls is simply worth it.

In other news, the madness of the single team domination continues in the daily races. :wacko:

839c7989e936ada4c78ea15fc2331ff3.png

I don't get why people are so excited about the whole summer adventure thing. Yes, you may be on the team that's winning but you are only entered into the draw if you contributed to it (i.e. crafted a badge) and there are just 30 people per day that actually win...... I mean, the chances of winning are so so small and what you're winning isn't even that awesome, so I couldn't care less. I could have crafted at least one badge so far, but I simply sold all of the cards when they were at ~0.25€.

@Vitalius when you say there 'was' does that mean it no longer works?

No, I haven't played it in forever. Not sure if it still works. Probably does.

† Christian Member †

No love for GFWL? Sorry but Steam, Origin, Uplay and other stuff out there I know of is DRM too. I really don't get the hate as we are having to deal with it anyway for other games from other companies.

Yeah, and that's why I don't buy it. I don't want another DRM in my DRM.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

HAHAHA!  FTL is now on my list.  How can anyone resist reviews like this:

icon_thumbsUp.png
9.7 hrs on record
kind of like you're in Firefly, except you get cancelled after 3 hours instead of 16 episodes

-snip-

That is 100% hilarious.

Also, it is a very fun game. Just kind of hard, but hey, it's hard. Get over it. :P

† Christian Member †

I can't believe i missed fallout new vegas flash sale, do i have any chance to get this game again on 75 percent discount with flash sale or day deal? :(

I can't believe i missed fallout new vegas flash sale, do i have any chance to get this game again on 75 percent discount with flash sale or day deal? :(

They usually put very popular games on sale again at the last few days. Wait it out until the 29th.

Maybe there is a hope for this game, i'll wait until the last day :)

I swear if people don't start buying my cards or trade me the right ones I am going to ....

sit here forever, not eat, not drink then die. :(

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I wish i had a card, what i have to do? Kill someone? Ahaha

jokes apart i wanna buy some games, does borderlands 2 goty is worth his price? even if i play single and no coop?

Or i should buy saints row 4?

I swear if people don't start buying my cards or trade me the right ones I am going to ....

sit here forever, not eat, not drink then die. :(

So, which one of these are you?

Morbid?

1337312273026.gif

Apathetic?

tumblr_lzz2k9D19K1r8upkio1_500.gif

Or whatever this is.

Gif-anime-pic-animelover97-21281747-480-

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I wish i had a card, what i have to do? Kill someone? Ahaha

jokes apart i wanna buy some games, does borderlands 2 goty is worth his price? even if i play single and no coop?

Or i should buy saints row 4?

Borderlands 2 GOTY is great value even if you don't play coop if you like the borderlands gameplay, you can also join matches online to get coop that way.

Saints Row 4 is great fun (you are basically a superhero with powers and other madness) but it has a RIDICULOUS amount of DLC, what they normally do is release a 'Complete Edition' later on down the line with all the DLC included, then it will end up on sale on Steam for even less than the single game is now.

I'd wait for SR4 because they take the piss with the DLC.