STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

Purchased Metro: :Last Light Complete, Sleeping Dog Complete and The Wolf Amung Us.

But WTH is up with the South Park price? Its been as low as £15 in the UK so I thought Steam would at least go that low. Its currently £26.79 on sale.

Great set of games, I'm probably going to buy The Wolf Among us at that price, I've been meaning to pick that up and it looks like a good deal.

I have to say I agree with the Stick of Truth price, it's still quite high.

And in just 5 years I could play it with Tress FX enabled, when GPUs finally have enough power for it!

I played the game on my 670 with TressFX on, no AA and a turned the shadows down just a touch and had no problems holding 60fps at 1080p.

When it came out it was much more difficult to run especially for Nvidia.

This thread is great!

For today's deals, Metro seems quite cool, I might get that one.

But Sleeping Dogs, is that game worth it? The price surely is low, but is it a fun game?

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

This thread is great!

But Sleeping Dogs, is that game worth it? The price surely is low, but is it a fun game?

Thanks!

Metro is very good, I don't think Sleeping Dogs is a bad game but I didn't enjoy it myself.

This thread is great!

Sleeping Dogs is great fun, I must have spent at least 50hrs when I played the Xbox 360 version. I purchased at £5.99 (So $9.99 in US?) for the complete pack with DLC, there is also a free HD texture pack. Although the game is well optimized for PC the texure pack makes some things more clear.

With HD pack: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/596979049395262217/9DC89954538CCA050EC4BB06EFC3A09E917F1EC0/

Without HD pack: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/596979049395273695/93527A3CC07284E66EFF4ACC01E53809405AAAC1/

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Missed Hitman Absolution and Sniper Elite v2 but Borderlands 2 and Tomb Raider are now both $5 :D

ps: Natural Selection for $3.75!!

NS is a very good and very underrated multiplayer game.

Yesterday I got Sid Meier's Pirates for $2.49.

Today I nabbed:

Metro 2033 $2.99

Metro Last Light Complete $6.79

Tomb Raider GOTY Edition $7.49

Only two games left on my wishlist, Fallout 3 GOTY & New Vegas GOTY. They've both been at 40% since the sale started.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

Yesterday I got Sid Meier's Pirates for $2.49.

Today I nabbed:

Metro 2033 $2.99

Metro Last Light Complete $6.79

Tomb Raider GOTY Edition $7.49

Only two games left on my wishlist, Fallout 3 GOTY & New Vegas GOTY. They've both been at 40% since the sale started.

They'll see 75% soon enough.

Guys if I buy Metro: Last Light Complete is there an upgrade that will be out to make it Redux when that comes out?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Guys if I buy Metro: Last Light Complete is there an upgrade that will be out to make it Redux when that comes out?

No, I think you safe 5 bucks on redux if you have the original game but that's it. No further discounts. It's not really worth it for last light, I'd just get 2033 in the redux version and stick with the original last light.

No, you will get 50% off buying the full Redux editions if you own both on Steam already, or 25% off for just one.

No, I think you safe 5 bucks on redux if you have the original game but that's it. No further discounts. It's not really worth it for last light, I'd just get 2033 in the redux version and stick with the original last light.

This is good advice, I'd take the Last Light complete pack now, and then grab 2033 from the Redux when it comes out on its own as 2033 is the one that's going to have seen the most improvements.

Is Transformers: FoC the good one or is that WfC?

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

I have both and war for cybertron is a much better game

Thanks I couldn't remember, I played a demo once and forgot what it was. WfC is on sale for 4.99 :D.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

Eh I can't get myself to buy Metro: Last Light non Redux.  No way.  I really do want to see these graphical and game improvements in the Redux versions and so I am going to wait but I may be waiting til the next big sale when they are severely discounted. Steam Summer Sale 2015. Heh

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Eh I can't get myself to buy Metro: Last Light non Redux. No way. I really do want to see these graphical and game improvements in the Redux versions and so I am going to wait but I may be waiting til the next big sale when they are severely discounted. Steam Summer Sale 2015. Heh

I think that the redux is more about bringing 2033 up to the existing standard of last light, but I'm sure there will be some additional improvements even if they are not substantial.

Nothing for me today so far...  Am up to my ears in learning to Skyrim mod lol!  Certainly looking out for Dark Souls II to be at a tasty discount though.  The South Park Game (GF is a big fan) not so good?  The discount is not very appealing.  Great thread here though. Really enjoying reading about everyone's successes!

Looking forward to some more great deals.

I wish the dlcs of skyrim were 75 percent off. ;~; 

Now I understand. It's like 9 bucks per expansion and 3 for a home improvement simulator. Also, I just realized how old Skyrim is. Welp, guess I'll be waiting for a drop on everything or The Elder Scrolls 6 or 7 if you count ESO.

Anyway, just nabbed Sleeping Dogs and the DLC collection. For whatever stupid reason, the "Collection" version is missing a decent side missions pack called "Nightmare on North Point", so I just picked up the whole DLC since buying that pack would cost around $1.50 alone; stupid, I know. Along with Sleeping Dogs, I picked up The Borderlands 2 GOTY, the Castle Crashers + BattleBlock Theater bundle, the DLC character packs for Castle Crashers and a digital art book for Tomb Raider just 'cause. I couldn't bring myself to buy games I've already played especially since they're about half the price I paid for them; Borderlands GOTY was $20 when I picked it originally and Transformers: War For Cybertron was a rental. Also, apparently it's "hack n' slash wallets" year for hack n' slash as both DmC: Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance sale prices are around the $15 mark. I really wanted to pick one of them or both, but nope... Oh well, next year, I guess.

Right now, I'm really hoping Darksiders 2 wins the community pick since that means "DEATH WILL RIDE AGAIN! At a discount".  :lol:

The Darksiders series are great games, but it's on hiatus since THQ died and Vigil Games had to disband. Hopefully, the Four Horsemen and Horsewoman will ride again!

Edit: I would also like to note that I'm feeling the pain of Steam sale. MY WALLET!

Yui_cry.gif

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Now I understand. It's like 9 bucks per expansion and 3 for a home improvement simulator. Also, I just realized how old Skyrim is. Welp, guess I'll be waiting for a drop on everything or The Elder Scrolls 6 or 7 if you count ESO.

Anyway, just nabbed Sleeping Dogs and the DLC collection. For whatever stupid reason, the "Collection" version is missing a decent side missions pack called "Nightmare on North Point", so I just picked up the whole DLC since buying that pack would cost around $1.50 alone; stupid, I know. Along with Sleeping Dogs, I picked up The Borderlands 2 GOTY, the Castle Crashers + BattleBlock Theater bundle, the DLC character packs for Castle Crashers and a digital art book for Tomb Raider just 'cause. I couldn't bring myself to buy games I've already played especially since they're about half the price I paid for them; Borderlands GOTY was $20 when I picked it originally and Transformers: War For Cybertron was a rental. Also, apparently it's "hack n' slash wallets" year for hack n' slash as both DmC: Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance sale prices are around the $15 mark. I really wanted to pick one of them or both, but nope... Oh well, next year, I guess.

Right now, I'm really hoping Darksiders 2 wins the community pick since that means "DEATH WILL RIDE AGAIN! At a discount".  :lol:

The Darksiders series are great games, but it's on hiatus since THQ died and Vigil Games had to disband. Hopefully, the Four Horsemen and Horsewoman will ride again!

Darksiders games are good, Death is such a badass.

155618b87a11d41bb44f5aec6a8d05f6.png

Darksiders games are good, Death is such a badass.

snip

Coincidentally, Michael Wincott, the VA for Death, sorta looks like Death when he played as Top Dollar in The Crow which is even more ironic when you consider that Death is a "good" guy and is helped by a crow while Top Dollar is a villain and you can guess which side The Crow is on in that story.

1380264-3_doll21.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

i got a good chuck already. far cry series, bulletstorm, rage, skyrim legendary, and og borderlands GTY (since i want my saves in the cloud since i have the disc i bought years ago)

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

i got a good chuck already. far cry series, bulletstorm, rage, skyrim legendary, and og borderlands GTY (since i want my saves in the cloud since i have the disc i bought years ago)

"OG Borderlands GTY"? Original Gangsta Borderlands Gunnin' Them Yuppies? Why have I not heard of this masterpiece, Mr. Claptrap? Where is this on Steam? How much does this cost? How long until the sale ends? And If you don't tell me, Mr. Claptrap, I'll strap you to a pole and let bandits use you as target practice.  :lol:

Yay, typos!

Holy fucking shit that was hilarious

but it would have been better if grammar was fixed

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

"OG Borderlands GTY"? Original Gangsta Borderlands Gunnin' Them Yuppies? Why have I not heard of this masterpiece, Mr. Claptrap? Where is this on Steam? How much does this cost? How long until the sale ends? And If you don't tell me, Mr. Claptrap, I'll strap you to a pole and let bandits use you as target practice.  :lol:

Yay, typos!

damn right its original gangsta version!!!!! lmao

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Yay, typos!

nipple salad