What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia
15 hours ago, WhatComesAround said:

Ok so, here's a story. We bought a mac, I set myself a goal. I would use the mac and figure out how to use the thing for a week. I would be one who would help out family members solve problems they had with using a mac. I obviously know how to copy using command and c. BUTTT , I can't copy photos off of google for some reason by using command c and command v I don't remember being able to drag the photo to the power point presentation, I think it was dragging it to the desktop then dragging it into the pp presentation that worked. But the point is, I get on to it know, and I will run into problems. With a pc I find that I can do so many things that will work that I only imagined would work but on a mac they dont. Another thing... Printing screen. I still don't remember how to do it. I believe you press two fingers down and bring up a menu and select something then drag across the screen or something like that. TLDR; The mac isn't simple for me, sure I could look it up but 75% of the thing I learned I can do on windows didnt come from looking things up, it came from me imagining what I could do, then finding out it works.

Taking a screenshot on a Mac: Command + Shift + 4, then drag as if you were using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

1 hour ago, Mooshi said:

The biggest travesty of Apple isn't even hardware, it's iTunes. 

Dude, it's not like Microsoft Groove is any better! xD

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666

• i7-7700K
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

8 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

In terms of raw specs, yes, their Macs are fairly pricey. But they make up for it for a damn good feel and build quality, as in they actually have reasonably usable keyboards and trackpads, and feel like you paid a proper price for it.

EXACTLY! :D:D

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666

• i7-7700K
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD

49 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Agreed. The PeachPhone 5 was a real disappointment. Maybe try blackberries :P 

Blackberries have been out of season for years though ;)

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

16 hours ago, Gamessys said:

Ok first, why is this in console gaming? Probably going to be moved but I had to ask.  Second, I haven't seen a Mac vs PC add in like 10 years so that's not even relevant anymore.  Third, Apple sells designer products that come with a designer price.  They may not be as powerful as a similar priced PC but they run incredibly well because Apple keeps everything in-house, they can optimize the absolute crap out of their software so it can utilize every tiny bit of their undoubtedly under-powered hardware.  Now I use a desktop PC but I use an iPhone 6s Plus and personally I find it much better than any Android device I've used (I've had other phones so don't call me a sheep or some dumb crap like that).  They may be under-powered on paper but they make up for it with the incredible efficiency of iOS.  Overall, Apple is a competitor and is going to be around for a very, very long time, either suck it up and deal or see yourself out of the tech world buddy.

This needs to be pinned at the top of the forum 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

21 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

This needs to be pinned at the top of the forum 

Why thank you very much.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 7:02 PM, GreenToxon said:

I used to be a hardcore Android user, but it was too glitchy and the phones seemed to slow down after about a year of use. I tried an iPhone because of the iMessage and after using that it makes messaging so much easier. The cameras are pretty much one of the best ones on mobile phones. 

I bought a Macbook Pro last year (and lost a lot of money trying to resell it) but I just couldn't get used to the MacOS experience. Nothing beats your own custom built PC. But for a lot of people that's what they prefer.

I've never understood all this hate for Apple, if you think their products are too expensive then don't buy them. If you don't like the way they are headed with their products, don't buy them. There are plenty of other options for computers/phones. 

And who am I to tell people what they should spend THEIR money on?

I use an Android phone not because I think Android is superior. I use an Android phone because there are applications that I can freely do that I cannot easily on an iPhone. (namely emulation). Otherwise, I hold no favoritism, and in fact, is of great benefit to learn both platforms. 

Same with Mac OS as well. In fact, I find Macs to be somewhat easier to support as their CLI (command line interface) via Terminal not only is very similar to Linux, but is flexible enough to to what I need efficiently. I was pretty blown away with how easy it was to help a friend with a software issue, and to that point, I've never had an opportunity to use a Mac before. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, rrubberr said:

Blackberry OS (QNX and an Android simulator) is MUCH better than Windows phone or iOS imo.

Sent from my Blackberry Passport on AT&T.

I was honestly thinking about getting a Blackberry PRIV but I chose the 6s Plus because it as all my Apple stuff on it and the last time I used a Blackberry it wasn't the best.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

I don't think Apple products are bad... there are much worse products out there, but they are over advertised.  And they do look pretty damn good...  

And who am I to judge if a hipster wants to sip his 2 shot cappuccino and clack away on his new medium post about time management with his new macbook that he bought for the looks, more than the OS and hardware.  But depending on what you're doing those are bonuses.  

7 minutes ago, Cool Guy said:

I don't think Apple products are bad... there are much worse products out there, but they are over advertised.  And they do look pretty damn good...  

Depends on what you look at.  Every company has its duds.  Relative to the cost, the new Macbook Pro sucks balls.

Even though Airpods look ridiculous, they're pretty cool. They are also the first innovative thing that Apple has done since Siri.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

Depends on what you look at.  Every company has its duds.  Relative to the cost, the new Macbook Pro sucks balls.

Even though Airpods look ridiculous, they're pretty cool. They are also the first innovative thing that Apple has done since Siri.

True.  I was making a broad statement there, perhaps too broad by saying Apple products "look pretty damn good". 

But overall, I don't think Apple makes bad products by any means in case you got the wrong idea.  I use an iPhone, but not a Mac and probably would never use one.  But I certainly think many people could benefit from them, the OS is good from a security and software|hardware compatibility standpoint, and that means minimal driver issues and crashes out of the box.  

Besides...  They do still look pretty damn good... 

• 9 months later...

Why? I don't understand? someone explain? is the only thing you hate is the lack of customization? or that they do things that you don't approve of?

Overpriced, Anti consumer, doesn't listen to their customers. Lots of reasons why I dont like Apple. Plus its fun to hate Apple so :P 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

I don't necessarily "hate" Apple, I respect them as a company and their products(to a certain extent). I really hate how they've been cutting down on I/O lately in particular, I generally plug 3-4 devices into my laptop throughout a normal day of use for me and I would have having to use dongles for literally everything. It doesn't help that I had to get a USB hub anyway since my USB 2.0 controller chip died on me(how dare it).

I've got nothing against OSX, I was raised on Windows and personally find it better and easier to use. The price/performance ratio is off as well. You don't get the kind of hardware that you should have at the price range of a Mac. And I don't even see the point of the iPhone X either so there's that.

Also the 16Gb memory cap on the MacBooks is really frustrating; most people that use Mac for their main workstation will need more than 16Gb. My uncle recently had to throw an extra 8Gb in his work laptop to boost it to 24Gb since he fills up his 16Gb fairly regularly.

1 minute ago, Name Taken said:

I avoid using Apple/Microsoft/Google products in general.

Haha do you use Linux/Android for everything?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

Why? I don't understand? someone explain? is the only thing you hate is the lack of customization? or that they do things that you don't approve of?

I don't hate Apple but their computers are really expensive for specs that are honestly not that impressive. Then the is MacOs which I understand that some people like but they should make drivers for windows as that is why I personally didn't go with a MacBook when buying a laptop, because of their shitty use our os or fuck off business practice.

NGL their design is awesome and so is the battery life but the isn't much too power if you think about it, you could power a Core M MacBook of sunlight for 3hours.

It's a variety of things. I, personally don't HATE apple per se, but I prefer other products over theirs simply due to personal preference.

For me it used to mostly be the lack of customizability, but after switching to iPhone for a couple weeks I didn't really miss it.

The largest reason for me now is the value of other products. For example, for almost half the price of a fully loaded MacBook Pro, I can buy a fully loaded XPS 15 which is much more powerful, and has an even better screen. Although Apple provides great products at a high premium, I think that you can get much better products for less, if you know where to look. 

I personally dislike most Apple products (products, not the brand. I can be objective about my purchasing decisions), because I can get way lower priced items for the same use. As in, my smartphone costed me 210 euros, while for a similar iPhone I would have had to shell out a lot more money for a similar everyday experience. Plus I like the more open nature of Android.

As for computers, it's a no-brainer for my use case. Any Apple PC would either be a lot less powerful or much more expensive than my PC. I don't know if I like Windows a lot anymore.. But OSX I don't really like. 

Their laptops seem to be the only thing that somewhat have a value in the market, with their top notch screens and decent hardware for the price and size. But you still pay that Apple/OSX premium.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I don't necessarily "hate" Apple, I respect them as a company and their products(to a certain extent). I really hate how they've been cutting down on I/O lately in particular, I generally plug 3-4 devices into my laptop throughout a normal day of use for me and I would have having to use dongles for literally everything. It doesn't help that I had to get a USB hub anyway since my USB 2.0 controller chip died on me(how dare it).

I've got nothing against OSX, I was raised on Windows and personally find it better and easier to use. The price/performance ratio is off as well. You don't get the kind of hardware that you should have at the price range of a Mac. And I don't even see the point of the iPhone X either so there's that.

Also the 16Gb memory cap on the MacBooks is really frustrating; most people that use Mac for their main workstation will need more than 16Gb. My uncle recently had to throw an extra 8Gb in his work laptop to boost it to 24Gb since he fills up his 16Gb fairly regularly.

Haha do you use Linux/Android for everything?

Android is a Google operating system...

7 minutes ago, Fruitsnacc said:

Overpriced for what you get. 

4 minutes ago, silentprototipe said:

Overpriced, Anti consumer, doesn't listen to their customers. Lots of reasons why I dont like Apple. Plus its fun to hate Apple so :P 

Some of their products are, a lot of them aren't; a lot are priced competitively with the competition. 

Anti consumer? I hope you don't use Android, Windows, any google service, any microsoft service, any Nvidia product, any Intel product, any AMD product, the internet, any tv provider, any cell phone provider....

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, nottherealzeesh said:

Android is a Google operating system...

Oh that's right...It's funny how often I forget that, especially as an Android user...

lol sorry about that

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Some of their products are, a lot of them aren't; a lot are priced competitively with the competition. 

Anti consumer? I hope you don't use Android, Windows, any google service, any microsoft service, any Nvidia product, any Intel product, any AMD product....

Which Apple product isn't overpriced compared to the competition?