What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia

Apple was doing okay, until they made the iPhone 7.

2 cameras? That's pointless to have.

You took out the fucking audio jack so you can have a bigger battery storage?

2 minutes ago, AniJan said:

Apple was doing okay, until they made the iPhone 7.

2 cameras? That's pointless to have.

I can kind of understand the two camera option from a photography perspective. But I don't agree with it - and Google's pixel has a better camera and as they said in the promo video

"headphone jack. Satisifingly not new" :)

Well done google! Take the piss out of apple

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

2 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

Yeah it's also what people grow up with, have access to or just like to use.  For example, my dad is a photographer and he uses a Mac Mini or whatever hooked up to a couple Acer monitors to edit his photos and do business stuff.  Apparently Macs are somehow better with photo and video than a PC because I see a lot of film students using Macs and they have whole labs at my university for them but whatever.  Anyway, he likes Mac, he's never gotten used to a PC and it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.  Now my brother started with a Macbook but I converted him to the master race because he wanted to play some sweet PC exclusives, success.

xD lol. I have the same kind of experience. Back when we were first getting our mac I remember my parents taught me why it is that people buy macs. I told them "Hey, you guys should buy a pc/laptop, it's got hella power and it will have a huge amount of space for photos" and they told me "Dad won't bring a pc/laptop (that's heavy) to work for power that he doesn't even need" as for the photos part I was sorta right but that's nothing that getting a separate drive on my pc for them couldn't fix. My brother on the other hand, I didn't even have to convince, he knew that he would have no chance at running most games smoothly on a mac and you don't have to be a genius to figure that macs are not gaming laptops. This post is just regurgitating old drama that people who just got into the tech world would talk about.

34 minutes ago, creepybob said:

Apple sells shit products that "look nice" and only sell because of that and their bullshit advertising (such as mac vs pc ads)

i remember one mac vs pc ad in which they say that vista runs on mac faster than pc. Bullshit. "Pc's us parts from different manufacturers so they are less reliable. Bullshit.

You sound like the kind of guy who shouts in Youtube comment sections : " APPEL IS SHITE, LIK IF U AGREE"

Keep your unnecessary post to yourself, we've had enough flamewars in here 

7 minutes ago, liamdoyle27 said:

Personally I don't like Apple too much. Don´t get me wrong, the devices look nice and work well but there so restricted.

I admit, i´m a modder, after getting my new phone this Christmas, the first thing i did was void my warranty and flash a custom ROM (Lineage OS, the CyanogenMod replacement -  it works like a charm btw)

I also don't follow the crowd well, going (mostly) against what my friends do - because i can :)

Stock rom > CM > Modded Kernel > Overclocking > Underclocking > Stock Kernel > Stock rom

Basically my Android experience to this day

8 minutes ago, liamdoyle27 said:

Personally I don't like Apple too much. Don´t get me wrong, the devices look nice and work well but there so restricted.

I admit, i´m a modder, after getting my new phone this Christmas, the first thing i did was void my warranty and flash a custom ROM (Lineage OS, the CyanogenMod replacement -  it works like a charm btw)

I also don't follow the crowd well, going (mostly) against what my friends do - because i can :)

Same here, I understand that macs are for simple people. But I find a lack of options not simple at all. Take for example copying, there are many more ways to copy pictures on windows machines than on mac os machines. I understand that most mac users won't need a lot of features that advance users on windows machines use but copying things on a mac was quite the challenge for me and I think that is a pretty big flaw

1 minute ago, WhatComesAround said:

xD lol. I have the same kind of experience. Back when we were first getting our mac I remember my parents taught me why it is that people buy macs. I told them "Hey, you guys should buy a pc/laptop, it's got hella power and it will have a huge amount of space for photos" and they told me "Dad won't bring a pc/laptop (that's heavy) to work for power that he doesn't even need" as for the photos part I was sorta right but that's nothing that getting a separate drive on my pc for them couldn't fix. My brother on the other hand, I didn't even have to convince, he knew that he would have no chance at running most games smoothly on a mac and you don't have to be a genius to figure that macs are not gaming laptops. This post is just regurgitating old drama that people who just got into the tech world would talk about.

Yeah my dad has been using Macs since they first became a thing he needed so he's pretty set in his ways.  He also uses a ton of storage but he has a couple of hard drives hooked up with a little dock thing chilling on his desk and it works fine for him, he can take all his photos anywhere he needs to.  And about my brother, he needed something for school and he liked Mac at first but after a year or two he wanted to play some other games than what the limited selection was for Mac so he finally got a PC.  Funny thing though my Dad is die heard Mac as a computer but hates Apple mobile devices where I am the opposite, interesting lol

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

copying things on a mac was quite the challenge for me and I think that is a pretty big flaw

I don't wanna sound like a dick or something but ... really dude ? You couldn't figure out how to copy things on a mac ? 

12 minutes ago, Enovi said:

Windows (PC) > Apple (PC)
Apple (Mobile) > Windows (Mobile) (imo)

Honestly you could argue that whatever OS Blackberry used is better than a Windows phone imo but the main competition is Apple or Android with Windows being a distant third.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

1 minute ago, Gamessys said:

Honestly you could argue that whatever OS Blackberry used is better than a Windows phone imo but the main competition is Apple or Android with Windows being a distant third.

I like the partnership manufacturers Windows have, such as Nokia, but regardless I think the amount of apps on there lets it down a tonne.

What a pathetic life you must have to create such topic on a free sunday just to express your "hate" against a consumer product manufacturer..

3 minutes ago, Enovi said:

I like the partnership manufacturers Windows have, such as Nokia, but regardless I think the amount of apps on there lets it down a tonne.

Yeah they got a good one with Nokia but are seriously dropping the ball everywhere else.

4 minutes ago, Generallee said:

I don't wanna sound like a dick or something but ... really dude ? You couldn't figure out how to copy things on a mac ? 

Ok so, here's a story. We bought a mac, I set myself a goal. I would use the mac and figure out how to use the thing for a week. I would be one who would help out family members solve problems they had with using a mac. I obviously know how to copy using command and c. BUTTT , I can't copy photos off of google for some reason by using command c and command v I don't remember being able to drag the photo to the power point presentation, I think it was dragging it to the desktop then dragging it into the pp presentation that worked. But the point is, I get on to it know, and I will run into problems. With a pc I find that I can do so many things that will work that I only imagined would work but on a mac they dont. Another thing... Printing screen. I still don't remember how to do it. I believe you press two fingers down and bring up a menu and select something then drag across the screen or something like that. TLDR; The mac isn't simple for me, sure I could look it up but 75% of the thing I learned I can do on windows didnt come from looking things up, it came from me imagining what I could do, then finding out it works.

6 minutes ago, Enovi said:

Uhh I dont think Microsoft owns Nokia anymore

Uhh I dont think Microsoft owns Nokia anymore

Gr8.

55 minutes ago, creepybob said:

Apple sells shit products that "look nice" and only sell because of that and their bullshit advertising (such as mac vs pc ads)

i remember one mac vs pc ad in which they say that vista runs on mac faster than pc. Bullshit. "Pc's us parts from different manufacturers so they are less reliable. Bullshit.

Jesus. Calm down.

MY RIG

I5 6600k

16gb Corsair vengeance 2666mhz

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

7 minutes ago, Enovi said:

Or maybe it was the other way around, but I heard that something happened to nokia and now they are no longer or now owned by microsoft not sure which one it is but something happened.

Ok so, here's a story. We bought a mac, I set myself a goal. I would use the mac and figure out how to use the thing for a week. I would be one who would help out family members solve problems they had with using a mac. I obviously know how to copy using command and c. BUTTT , I can't copy photos off of google for some reason by using command c and command v I don't remember being able to drag the photo to the power point presentation, I think it was dragging it to the desktop then dragging it into the pp presentation that worked. But the point is, I get on to it know, and I will run into problems. With a pc I find that I can do so many things that will work that I only imagined would work but on a mac they dont. Another thing... Printing screen. I still don't remember how to do it. I believe you press two fingers down and bring up a menu and select something then drag across the screen or something like that. TLDR; The mac isn't simple for me, sure I could look it up but 75% of the thing I learned I can do on windows didnt come from looking things up, it came from me imagining what I could do, then finding out it works.

What you are describing is the fact that Office is not very well optimized for OSX which is true but that's Microsoft's fault, Apple's Keynote is very well optimized 

Printing screen is possible by using the snapping tool, which you can find in your applications menu, it's literally a matter of seconds to launch and snap 

The learning curve of OSX is way waaay more simple than Windows, my parents for example are not really tech savvy in any way, yet they can use an iMac without me coming to their help every microsecond

Honestly, between my Gaming PC and my Macbook pro, from a usability POV, OSX all the way

2 minutes ago, Chewique said:

Jesus. Calm down.

Lol, said the same thing xD. The guy sounds like he just had a college assignment go missing on his mac and now he is ranting about apple xD

2 minutes ago, WhatComesAround said:

Or maybe it was the other way around, but I heard that something happened to nokia and now they are no longer or now owned by microsoft not sure which one it is but something happened.

Nokia is a manufacturing company, they wouldn't have lead a partnership with Microsoft. Or at least in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Generallee said:

What you are describing is the fact that Office is not very well optimized for OSX which is true but that's Microsoft's fault, Apple's Keynote is very well optimized 

Printing screen is possible by using the snapping tool, which you can find in your applications menu, it's literally a matter of seconds to launch and snap 

The learning curve of OSX is way waaay more simple than Windows, my parents for example are not really tech savvy in any way, yet they can use an iMac without me coming to their help every microsecond

Honestly, between my Gaming PC and my Macbook pro, from a usability POV, OSX all the way

Well we all tick differently, and I find having a tool just for print screening a little weird, I'd understand maybe having a shortcut for that instead of having to have an extra button on a keyboard but a tool for it just seems a little weird. FYI I am going to try it later. I find learning to do things easier on windows than on osx but hey that is why we have two options and that is something that OP doesnt really understand. People work in different ways, I find windows easier to learn and use and you find the opposite better. Neither is BAD, neither is GOOD, they are different and shouldn't be judged. A person that can understand this "concept" is a techy which I don't believe the OP really is.

6 minutes ago, Enovi said:

Nokia is a manufacturing company, they wouldn't have lead a partnership with Microsoft. Or at least in my opinion.

Ohh no no, I didnt mean that XD. I meant that either it was nokia was bought from Microsoft by some company or Microsoft bought nokia from whatever company owned nokia before.

3 minutes ago, WhatComesAround said:

Ohh no no, I didnt mean that XD. I meant that either it was nokia was bought from Microsoft by some company or Microsoft bought nokia from whatever company owned nokia before.

idk then lol.

22 minutes ago, Chewique said:

Jesus. Calm down.

21 minutes ago, dieegoperi said:

Okay, you hate Apple, keep scrolling, no fucks are given here

28 minutes ago, Paralectic said:

What a pathetic life you must have to create such topic on a free sunday just to express your "hate" against a consumer product manufacturer..

Looks like OP just got fed up with his mac after this happened and decided to rant about apple here on LTT for everyone to see :/ Quite unnecessary, I'd keep my rage quits to myself.

That's a Clarkson like post.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580