What do people hate about Apple?

hambobolubia
1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

no but for a Actual usability for the consumer because that means just because You have a charger doesn't mean it's the right one for your friends phone I am happy the used Qi wireless now though so atleast someone can borrow your charger if you cool with it and they at your house.

And think how many people you'd piss off with lightning accessories...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

5 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

no but for a Actual usability for the consumer because that means just because You have a charger doesn't mean it's the right one for your friends phone I am happy the used Qi wireless now though so atleast someone can borrow your charger if you cool with it and they at your house.

iPhones are common enough that more than likely someone will have an iPhone charger. But I'd still gladly take the slightly higher chance of not finding someone with an iPhone charger than have to use micro usb. USB-C solves a lot of the issues of micro usb, so I think they should change, but I can still understand why they wouldn't since it would cause more trouble for users and its an easy way to make some money.

3 minutes ago, William Payne said:

It is absolutely pointless to charge an iphone on any charger not designed for an iPhone. I plugged mine into a samsung charger once and it was the slowest charging ever. It took forever to even go up 1%. Got home and plugged back into my apple charger and back to normal charging speed. 

You were just using a terrible charger, I've charged my iPhone with a non-Apple block and it worked fine. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

5 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

A reversible idiot proof charger was pretty nice back in 2012. USB 3.0 speeds as well. Proprietary chargers are nothing new. Wireless charging is really something else.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

iPhones are common enough that more than likely someone will have an iPhone charger. But I'd still gladly take the slightly higher chance of not finding someone with an iPhone charger than have to use micro usb. 

You were just using a terrible charger, I've charged my iPhone with a non-Apple block and it worked fine. 

Non apple is fine, in fact I have broken nearly all charger cables available out there. Currently using the heavy duty braided welkin. It was the block that was different in my case. I was using a family members samsung galaxy charger block as I did not have mine. 

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

A reversible idiot proof charger was pretty nice back in 2012. USB 3.0 speeds as well. Proprietary chargers are nothing new. Wireless charging is really something else.

Lightning is USB 2.0, only the iPad Pro is USB 3.0 (unless a 3.0 compatibility module was added with the 8/X).

1 minute ago, William Payne said:

It was the block that was different in my case. I was using a family members samsung galaxy charger block as I did not have mine. 

And something was wrong because I've used the blocks from Android phones before without a problem. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, William Payne said:

It is absolutely pointless to charge an iphone on any charger not designed for an iPhone. I plugged mine into a samsung charger once and it was the slowest charging ever. It took forever to even go up 1%. Got home and plugged back into my apple charger and back to normal charging speed. 

If your talking cable, apple and Samsung haven't used the same cable in a while and there are other things affecting charging I charge my phone through my laptop through out the day and it is slower then the wall power but for convince It is a trade off I make.

and if your talking QI I believe Qi is a standard so one will work just as good as another will ( correct me If i am wrong. ) 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Lightning is USB 2.0, only the iPad Pro is USB 3.0

And something was wrong because I've used the blocks from Android phones before without a problem. 

Id believe that, it was obnoxiously slow. Wouldn't surprise me if something was wrong with it. 

15 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

And think how many people you'd piss off with lightning accessories...

I go to a school were Apples is Minority so not many, Probably I been more pissed off cause this guy needed a down load of a video and he didn't have SD card slot, Pretty much on jocks use Apple at my school so yeah.

Also he didn't wanna give me his phone number or Email for some reason ( guess I'm a creep or something,)

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Lightning is USB 2.0, only the iPad Pro is USB 3.0 (unless a 3.0 compatibility module was added with the 8/X).

Well is a big noticeable improvement over microUSB. Maybe I'm getting old :P

The SD card issue becomes pointless as soon as you buy a camera that doesn't take SD cards. 

Just now, RorzNZ said:

Well is a big noticeable improvement over microUSB. Maybe I'm getting old :P

Lightning and MicroUSB have the same transfer speeds when both are using the USB 2.0 standard. Any transfer speed difference isn't because of the cable. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Lightning and MicroUSB have the same transfer speeds when both are using the USB 2.0 standard. Any transfer speed difference isn't because of the cable. 

Maybe better syncing then. I noticed a big improvement anyway.

Just now, RorzNZ said:

Maybe better syncing then. I noticed a big improvement anyway.

Was it a new iPhone (6s or newer) compared to an older Android phone? Because iPhones jumped to fast NVME storage a year or two before most Android phones. Plus, even before that, the internal storage on an iPhone was a lot faster than a microSD card.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

41 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/search-keywords/xx_xx_xx_xx_xx/xps%2B13/1_20/price-asc/xx-criteria.html

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/apple-macbook-pro-13-space-grey-2017-10165801-pdt.html

The cheapest XPS 13 I see is £1099 and has a 1080p display vs. the £1349 Mac with a QHD display, which seems about right since Dell charges $350 to step up to a QHD display.

Online and instore prices are different.

4 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Yeah there not new but apple is the only major company still doing it ( I believe ) and wireless charging is new tech so That will most likely get better over time.

Was it a new iPhone (6s or newer) compared to an older Android phone? Because iPhones jumped to fast NVME storage a year or two before most Android phones. Plus, even before that, the internal storage on an iPhone was a lot faster than a microSD card.

Went from a Huawei Ascend G600 to a iPhone 5. I did find the jump to 6 however was even faster.

6 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

I go to a school were Apples is Minority so not many, Probably I been more pissed off cause this guy needed a down load of a video and he didn't have SD card slot, Pretty much on jocks use Apple at my school so yeah.

Come to my school and you'd find Android/Windows is the minority :P

Just now, Eduard the weeb said:

Yeah there not new but apple is the only major company still doing it ( I believe ) and wireless charging is new tech so That will most likely get better over time.

Samsung has had wireless charging for a while I believe, as well as other companies. Apple is just marketing it very well.

This technology has also been in numerous cases since 2010.

Just now, RorzNZ said:

Samsung has had wireless charging for a while I believe, as well as other companies. Apple is just marketing it very well.

This technology has also been in numerous cases since 2010.

Yeah I believe sense The S6, but Qi has only recently become a major thing sense even many samsung user used USB up until recently

4 minutes ago, said:

Online and instore prices are different.

Or it was a special sale price....Even special in store prices are usually listed. 

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Went from a Huawei Ascend G600 to a iPhone 5. I did find the jump to 6 however was even faster.

Well, the Huawei only had 4gb of internal storage, so I'm assuming you're comparing microSD transfer speeds to the iPhone 5 internal storage transfer speeds, in which case the iPhone 5's NAND should be FAR superior to the junk NAND found in microSD cards.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Come to my school and you'd find Android/Windows is the minority :P

I am assuming you live in a hipster area or in the west coast?

1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

He lives in Scotland 

Just now, Eduard the weeb said:

...no? I live in Edinburgh and go to the most middle-class secondary school ever.

3 minutes ago, William Payne said:

He lives in Scotland 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

...no? I live in Edinburgh and go to the most middle-class secondary school ever.

oh okay Because I know my school is special for are love for Android here, but windows has always been supreme for most people.

Yeah I see in your location didn't even bother to look because alot of people use that for Shits and giggles

Edited by Eduard the weeb