How old were you when you first started gaming?

Go to solution Solved by bob345,

I started on an imac g3 when that thing was released in 1998, so yeah i was 5 when i started

Five years old.  With the Atari 2600.  

Yes... I'm a dinosaur!

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Like 5. Molekühl or something like that. was an online browser game for our win95 PC. it was a lot of fun lol

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

I grew up when gameboys were very popular. So I guess around 4 years old or so was when I got my first one, It was the kiwi one. I was never a "Gamer" I just liked to play video games.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Around 6 years old

Bf1942

Counter strike 1.6

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

4 or 5 watching my dad play Ratchet and Clank on the PS2, then me eventually playing it also. I think also Scooby Doo on the PS also.

I played Shadow of the Colssus, Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec, and many other Ratchet and Clank games much later. 

The only reason I love the PS3 is because of the games Little Big Planet and Journey. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

This thread as made me realise most people on here must be young teenagers.

My first game was doom. I was 3. Oh the nightmares.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

2 Civilization II.  I remember asking my parents to read things for me because I couldn't read then.

FX 8320@4.1Ghz, Noctua NH-D14, MSI 7870@1050Mhz, 8 GB 1600 MHz, M5A97 LE R2.0, NZXT H440, CX500M

Your rights matter because you never know when you are going to need them.

-Edward Snowden

About four-five. My first game was some random game I forgot on Windows 95. The first one I can remember was Crash Bandicoot for the PS1. Love that game. Love that series.

About 3. I was playing Sonic on the Sega and Gran Turismo on the PS1.

ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ : Planning Stages.

i7 4790K | MSI Krait | 480 GB SSD | R9 295 x2 | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Watercooled

I was ~6 I think when my dad bought our family an Xbox and a few years later a Wii. (I think I played Oblivion when I was 8 or 10 I can't remember but that is still one of my favorite games of all time)

I was so young I don't even remember. I didn't have anything to play games on because my parents didn't let me play anything. However, I went out to my cousins house for sleepovers a lot back then. We played a lot of super smash brothers on his N64. Then he got an Xbox. I remember playing hale CE when it first came out. Those were the days...

around 5 or 6, maybe you guys remember the pinball game for windows xp.

My dad still plays that... And his high score is 65,434,750........

3-4 if you count Prince of Persia 1/2 on an old DOS computer.

I didn't start serious gaming until I got Steam when they first gave out Portal for free. That was in 2010, I think. I was 20. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I dunno, 4-5 maybe? Marvel vs capcom on the ps1 i guess. I don't know what i got first. The ps1 or gba. Anyway, both were awesome consoles.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

I was 3 with my brothers original game boy

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

I was 3 when I got my Sega Master System II and used to play the built in alex the kid

I was around 9 or 10 and this was the first game I really ever played.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

I've played games longer than my mind allows me to remember. I can't even remember which was my first game :(

I was 3 or 4, my dad bought a Playstation, and sat me down in front of Tekken, and put the controller in my hands

i think i first started playing wolfenstein with my dad when i was 6-ish ah good times :D 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

around 5 or 6, maybe you guys remember the pinball game for windows xp.

Best game ever, used to play it on my crt all day... My mom was proud with my skill....