Is anyone here for gun control or not?

Terlingua0101

I know that I'll be starting up an argument here in this subject but, I was curious to know if this community is surrounded with people that support gun control or if others supported our 2nd Amendment rights (United States) to own arms. Anyway, what is your opinions about this? 

The poll thing is misleading. If you ask someone's opinion of something, the answer isn't 'Yes', it is either 

• For
  • Against
  • On the fence

And I am heavily for gun control in the US, why not be like the rest of the countries in the civilised world?

EDIT: Poll slightly changed, furthur change needed in my humble opinion

EDIT: Poll great, ta lad

Edited by tomlambert01

Compatible with Windows 95

Can you explain what exactly "gun control" is (preferably in TLDR style)?

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

The fact that you put "No, i hate gun control" Makes me think that you are very biased.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

You need way more options OP and starting the thread with even a hint of a biased opinion isn't going to go well. 

We already had another what was it? 30+ page thread on gun control literally a month ago. 

uA9rEYA.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I know that I'll be starting up an argument here in this subject but, I was curious to know if this community is surrounded with liberals that are really trying to take away mine and others 2nd Amendment rights (United States) to own arms and start up an organized militia. Anyway, what is your opinions about this?

Since your poll doesn't really apply to me at all I'm going to say my opinion. I think people need/deserve the right to bear arms. I also think that getting a conceal and carry license/gun permit at all should require a mental (examination)? not sure how to explain. There needs to be hoops to go through, but every mentally stable person should be able to bear arms. 

Also I have yet to meet a cop who is against civilians being able to bear arms. Most of them say that when they pull the person over they can immediately know that the person has a gun on them, and they almost always immediately tell the cop that they have a gun on them. The cops I have met have said that they know it generally wont be any trouble if they pull over a person with a gun permit, whereas anything can happen when they pull over a random person with little documentation on them.

I phrased that all poorly, but you should get the idea.

I own guns, a lot of guns, more guns than the forum combined probably, for 3 (maybe 4) purposes.

1) To shoot some mother effing guns at the range.

2) My CCW for personal defense. 

3) You should see my Scar 308, my AR's, my 338, my .50,  my cool 22. Yep. #3 is to show off.

4) This is a maybe and not that it will actually happen but a zombie apocalypse. 

Not to form a militia against anything or any other reasons. Cool I live in a country where I can own them and if I want to wait 9 months I can get a suppressor or something cool. I think the people who own guns for other purposes shouldn't have guns.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

The poll thing is misleading. If you ask someone's opinion of something, the answer isn't 'Yes', it is either 

• For
  • Against
  • On the fence

And I am heavily for gun control in the US, why not be like the rest of the countries in the civilised world?

Lets not forget the option of "could care less" lol

I'm sure there are people who just don't give a dam.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I support open carry and the right for law abiding citizens to own and purchase firearms for protect, collection, sport and revolutions. The idea is not simple to create a safer society. You take away firearms and you disarm an honest man. Bad guys will always have weapons. That said, I believe there is a time and place when the blood of patriots and dictatora must be sacrifoeced for the security of what we used to know as freedom.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Gun control makes a lot of sense. If it could be done successfully, then the amount of shootings and gun crime would drop significantly. However, in a country where guns are so common, it will be extremely hard to actually put any laws into place and make them work. 

In the UK there's a very small amount of guns (mainly shotguns and a few hunting rifles) and the majority of people here don't feel any desire for guns to be legal. 

because mah constatootional writes

Just because it's traditional or constitutional, doesn't mean it's right. People die because of the (lack of) gun control laws. Plus, it promotes a country and culture of violence and guns.

Compatible with Windows 95

Id like one for defence , the way i see it is you want to be equal with your opponent or above during a fight. If they have a gun and you dont you will feel threatened more

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

I am for gun ownership, but stricter background checks wouldn't hurt either.

Maybe I will own a couple of guns when I grow up. I would probably want something along the lines of a Mosin and a Desert Eagle.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

i do  not mind the idea of bearing arms

but before a person has the right to own one

he must under go psych evaluation / training / must own a safe  etc etc etc

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I am for gun control as I think no one should even have guns. Or if they have them they should burry them. We are monkeys and we are that kind of monkeys that instead of screaming at each orther like to start shooting and many of us die.

Fighting over nothing is stupid, killing each orther over that same thing is worse.

Id like one for defence , the way i see it is you want to be equal with your opponent or above during a fight. If they have a gun and you dont you will feel threatened more

The way I see it you buy one for defense four more people buy it for their defense and then everyone has defense and is defensless against some lunatic who didn't leave his thing at home.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

• For
  • Against
  • On the fence

Sorry but the UK has a much higher violent crime rate than the US. If the UK had guns... Yeah imagine that.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix

Regular (as in normal civilians) should not have guns. The more guns you have avaliable somewhere, the more chance is there that they will be misused, it's simply how people work. Do you remember the last time you heard of a school/movie theatre/whatever shooting in Europe? I don't...

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Just because it's traditional or constitutional, doesn't mean it's right. People die because of the (lack of) gun control laws. Plus, it promotes a country and culture of violence and guns.

I got a feeling that post was just helping joking like he always does lol. 

Sorry but the UK has a much higher violent crime rate than the US. If the UK had guns... Yeah imagine that.

Yeah in the last month alone there have been two fatal stabbings.

We had a stupid long thread on this already. I voted 'For' but not for the reason you think.

We do need gun control: loop holes need to be closed. The way to get a gun should be blanketed as you need to be a certain age, have no past of violence/felonies - passing a background check, because some places don't require background checks and such to get a firearm.

I also think civilians who obtained a firearm legally should not be punished whatsoever because nowadays you practically need a firearm or CCW - but those who did not pass a background check or meet a certain age or standard should be reexamined.

Regular (as in normal civilians) should not have guns. The more guns you have avaliable somewhere, the more chance is there that they will be misused, it's simply how people work. Do you remember the last time you heard of a school/movie theatre/whatever shooting in Europe? I don't...

Agree. Only proffesionals should handle guns. And we should invest more on non lethal solutions. Killing people is the worst kind of stupid to me since I believe we only have this one chance in life.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Yeah in the last month alone there have been two fatal stabbings.

And since most British men have the same muscle build of a 11 year old american girl... I'd say that's a nice feat.