Monitor Comparison Question

teamoney777

i just bought a new monitor thats 180 hz. my old monitor is the s2716dgr. The old one has 144 hz and I bought it from best buy from the recommendation of the employee. the new one is an acer nitro xv272u. they are both 1440 p 27b inches but I would like to know which one has more or less input lag. I know if I cant tell the difference it wont really matter, but for cs2 its kind of important and I'm also just curious. I figure, that even though the original monitor was 300 dollars more than the new one, since it was bought around 5 years ago, on only a best buy employee's rec, some good reviews were said on this new one, plus the fact that the new one's 180 hz, i thought it would be way better input lag (less). I don't know how to go about testing it or looking up the answer since they all lie about response time, and they would only usually have comparisons of a handful of monitors at a time.

does anyone know which has better input lag?

Technically, higher Hz always gives better input lag, but who knows what kind of background processing the monitor is doing.

The best test you can do is to put them side to side, set the dual monitor mode to mirror and then do something very obvious like going into a scope and see which monitor reacts first. If you have a modern phone, use it's slow motion camera mode to help you pick up the difference.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.