Is anyone here for gun control or not?

Terlingua0101

It's not politics, it's a way of classifying the way people think.

Conservatives are pro-gun and have their reasons.

Liberals are idiots that can't read statistics.

Hypocrisy yet again, stabbings are apparently extremely common enough to own guns...

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

The amount of life-threatening situations you get put into does not matter. You anti-gun guys are basing your arguments on statistics that do not matter.

If you ever have someone threaten your life, be sure to tell them it's not statistically in your favor to have someone threaten your life. I'm sure they'll understand.

Most life threatening thing in life is just living, feeding the rich your own life.

but that is for another topic.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Sorry, we're trying to have a serious discussion here, please see Reddit for your joking community.

Yeah. Your gonna solve all the world's problems in this here thread, right? 

HELP MA!! THEM THAR LIBERALS IS GONNA TAEK MA GUNS. 

Lighten up, girl. 

I doubt you even understand the point, my brother loves guns, but could never hack using one, but would own one if there was no law.

Can he handle it? i doubt it, would he kill himself or others? more than likely, he is Autistic.

You want to keep blabbering about stabbings that rarely happen?

I don't know your personal life about your brother loving guns, that's why I don't understand your point......

But also, in the US you can not buy a gun if you have a mental disability. Example: Autism.

As for stabbings that 'rarely happen':

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/news/stabbing/

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004888.html

I think my viewpoint is solid.

Pull the trigger on an unloaded gun, it becomes no more dangerous than little kids playing cops and robbers shouting "bang bang!" Do the same with a loaded gun and it's a completely different story. Sort of reminds me of how Bruce Lee son's died on the movie set when the round in his gun wasn't a blank and he accidentally got shot for real and died. So to me, ammo is far more of a concern than the actual gun. People are so caught up about guns that they fail to realize life isn't an arcade game where ammo is unlimited. Without ammo, real guns and toy guns are basically the same, really.

That's great, but my point was if you want people to agree with you on the topic then its better to try persuade them with your viewpoint than to just toss out what you think and wait for a response. 

That post wasn't even directed at you too :P

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I don't know your personal life about your brother loving guns, that's why I don't understand your point......

But also, in the US you can not buy a gun if you have a mental disability. Example: Autism.

As for stabbings that 'rarely happen':

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/news/stabbing/

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004888.html

Oh yes, you cannot buy guns if you are mentally ill...

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

Yeah. Your gonna solve all the world's problems in this here thread, right? 

HELP MA!! THEM THAR LIBERALS IS GONNA TAEK MA GUNS. 

Lighten up, girl. 

I'm not a girl. I just don't want to be talking to ignorant people like you. I want to have a civil discussion. I know I'm not going to solve the world's problems. Again I recommend Reddit to you, not because you're joking this time, but because Redditors are generally assholes like you, you'll blend in well. :)

Most life threatening thing in life is just living, feeding the rich your own life.

but that is for another topic.

While I agree, that doesn't have anything to do with there being a chance of some dumbass who wants to ruin your day, possibly your life.

You have the choice of being unarmed, but don't condemn those who want to play it safe.

Oh yes, you cannot buy guns if you are mentally ill...

Ironically he stabbed 3 people before he shot anyone.

I'm not a girl. I just don't want to be talking to ignorant people like you. I want to have a civil discussion. I know I'm not going to solve the world's problems. Again I recommend Reddit to you, not because you're joking this time, but because Redditors are generally assholes like you, you'll blend in well. :)

Lets not resort to name calling please :)

Just stop responding to his posts if they're ignorant, it gives him a chance to keep the chain going. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

That's great, but my point was if you want people to agree with you on the topic then its better to try persuade them with your viewpoint than to just toss out what you think and wait for a response. 

That post wasn't even directed at you too :P

I know, but I wanted to mention it anyway. I mean, it takes more then actual gun itself to kill someone and it bothers me greatly that no one even acknowledges this and instead rants about school shootings ect. :T

Ironically he stabbed 3 people before he shot anyone.

Ironically you stated mental illness is a barrier to buy guns.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

If anyone's being uncivil here it's you. I made a joke. you insult me. End of transaction, crybaby. Tell me what's civil about calling me ignorant? I've likely forgotten more than you'll ever know, kid. Now unwad your bloomers and get back to your "serious discussion" now,  you poor tender-hearted thing. 

Lets not resort to name calling please :)

Just stop responding to his posts if they're ignorant, it gives him a chance to keep the chain going. 

Thanks for the insight. I'll be sure to block his posts now. So it will be easier to refrain from 'name calling'. :)

Ironically you stated mental illness is a barrier to buy guns.

Ironically he didn't buy the gun. It was his parent's.

Ironically he didn't buy the gun. It was his parent's.

So that makes any difference?

The gun is there...

A guy may go and stab some people granted, a gun gives the poor bastard on the receiving end not a single hope of fighting back, not everyone is a whimpering girl, but a gun soon shuts anyone up.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

If anyone's being uncivil here it's you. I made a joke. you insult me. End of transaction, crybaby. Tell me what's civil about calling me ignorant? I've likely forgotten more than you'll ever know, kid. Now unwad your bloomers and get back to your "serious discussion" now,  you poor tender-hearted thing. 

As for you, I just looked at your profile and I see that you are very immature for your age. 39 years old and you're getting into hissy fits with teens on a forum. Congratulations. Please act your age. I will not be able to monitor you anymore because I'm blocking you. (I won't be able to see your remarks) Have a good day. :)

As for you, I just looked at your profile and I see that you are very immature for your age. 39 years old and you're getting into hissy fits with teens on a forum. Congratulations. Please act your age. I will not be able to monitor you anymore because I'm blocking you. (I won't be able to see your remarks) Have a good day. :)

Ad hom is all you have because you have no sense of humor. So now you're gonna censor me because you can't argue with me. I made a joke that you were not even obligated to reply to in the first place but felt you needed to and wrongly because you didn't get the joke. Who sounds like a "liberal" now?  

I am arguing with an inexperienced teen?

Topic needs to be closed.

Teenagers and inexperienced organisms must not be allowed to vote in such a discussion, this is not Black Ops.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

So that makes any difference?

The gun is there...

A guy may go and stab some people granted, a gun gives the poor bastard on the receiving end not a single hope of fighting back, not everyone is a whimpering girl, but a gun soon shuts anyone up.

It does make a difference. His parents should have had it out of his reach. If the first guy he stabbed had a gun and saw him coming towards him with the stabbing object (not sure if knife or just a sharp object) he could have stopped 3 more deaths. (Or however many people he killed)

Teenagers and inexperienced organisms must not be allowed to vote in such a discussion, this is not Black Ops.

You guys aren't the only people discussing about things in the topic. =/

I don't believe the thread should be closed. 

It does make a difference. His parents should have had it out of his reach. If the first guy he stabbed had a gun and saw him coming towards him with the stabbing object (not sure if knife or just a sharp object) he could have stopped 3 more deaths. (Or however many people he killed)

A person after something with enough will, will get what they want, with no gun at all, it can not possibly happen.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

Hue. Shows what you know. I've never even played Black Ops. Where did all your experience come from? The UK? Where guns are banned?