Is anyone here for gun control or not?

Terlingua0101

There is a city next to mine where in 1989 (or 1985, I can;t remember) they made it a law for a residents of the city to keep a firearm in their house. 

Guess how many gun related murders and crimes there have been since then. 1.

Who would rob someone's house when you know they have a gun in there? Not me that's for damn sure.

Source 1, 2.

Another thing is, if someone is going to go through all the trouble to illegally obtain a firearm so that there is never any evidence showing that he/she owned the gun, they would just use that time to find another weapon or hell, maybe make his own gun.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

I got a feeling that post was just helping joking like he always does lol. 

I thought 'Kill two birds with one stone'

• voice opinions on guns
  • make political reference about America :P

Compatible with Windows 95

And since most British men have the same muscle build of a 11 year old american girl... I'd say that's a nice feat.

There is nothing you can do against 4 guys with knifes even if you are world champion of martial arts, you will get stabbed, this is not GTA.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

@WillFromGA

1 is 1 one too many...

I never heard of a robber stupid enough to break in while the owners were at home, it's much simpler when they are on holidays, don't you think?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

@WillFromGA

1 is 1 one too many...

I never heard of a robber stupid enough to break in while the owners were at home, it's much simpler when they are on holidays, don't you think?

Shit I'll never get robbed then since I never go on vacation, my ass is almost always at home.... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Just because it's traditional or constitutional, doesn't mean it's right. People die because of the (lack of) gun control laws. Plus, it promotes a country and culture of violence and guns.

What you say is not completely true either. The country is established on the principle of maximization of freedoms, that means it's completely right.  

What we see is a societal problem, a mental problem. Of course more gun control is probably needed as well, since it does seem to get awfully sloppy. 

If a baby thew a tantrum and began wailing on a door, you could take away the door, then there would no longer be any babies hitting doors, but then it would simply find something else.

If anything all the media does is exacerbate this problem since even mentally ill people know that the perverse media swines and information capitalists go absolutely fking nuts over it.

Error: 410

I'm for gun 'control' but not for banning guns. If I want to kill someone, I don't have to use a gun, I can use a knife, screwdriver, chainsaw, a stick from a tree, golf club, baseball bat, hammer, car, flash drive(hue), or anything. Are we going to ban knives?

Here's an article:

http://www.infowars.com/gun-control-laws-will-not-prevent-crime/

TL;DR Article:

Guns were banned in the UK so gun violence dropped but hand-held weapon violence went up. Example: Old lady mugged and beat to death with baseball bat.

Video form:

Additional stuff:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/alex-jones-v-piers-morgan-1524485

I don't live in the US, so I don't care. But if I was a US citizen, I would be really concerned, that every moron (*) can buy something that can kill you within a part of a second.

*this doesn't say, that you are a moron if you own a gun. It just seems, that you have a lot of idiots over there.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

And I am heavily for gun control in the US, why not be like the rest of the countries in the civilised world?

Because the US isn't like the rest of the civilized world. We have to deal with a lot more crime than Europe and Canada have to deal with. 

Specifically, we are adjacent to Mexico and near the Caribbean islands. Places that thrive on drug cartels and things of that nature.

You can't compare apples to oranges.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

And since most British men have the same muscle build of a 11 year old american girl... I'd say that's a nice feat.

WTF was with this needlessly offensive BS comment?

@WillFromGA

1 is 1 one too many...

Here"s the thing, you will NEVER have 0 killings, crimes or anything like that. Ever since the law was passed, crime rate went down 75% right after the law was passed and is still declining. Not only that, that is 1 murder in 30 years!

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

I don't live in the US, so I don't care. But if I was a US citizen, I would be really concerned, that every moron (*) can buy something that can kill you within a part of a second.

*this doesn't say, that you are a moron if you own a gun. It just seems, that you have a lot of idiots over there.

Some guy can stab you to death, beat you with a bat, run you over, blow you up.. Many ways to kill someone without a gun. If they have the will, they will find a way.

Because the US isn't like the rest of the civilized world. We have to deal with a lot more crime than Europe and Canada have to deal with. 

Specifically, we are adjacent to Mexico and near the Caribbean islands. Places that thrive on drug cartels and things of that nature.

You can't compare apples to oranges.

And the fact that the US population is hundreds of millions more people than these other countries..

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Anything you buy can pretty much kill you. 

Your'e just walking down the street then the next thing you know, you got stabbed by a pencil. Well, since you have a licence to carry, you can pull out your pistol and shoot his ass.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Wait you all don't look like harry potter? I say this with many friends from england and having visited many times.. Ya'll look like bean poles.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Some guy can stab you to death, beat you with a bat, run you over, blow you up.. Many ways to kill someone without a gun. If they have the will, they will find a way.

You should still keep in mind the psychological implications, since these and other methods are much more personal, compared to how detached a gun might seem.

let me guess from the south?

..well, now that's not very polite.

Error: 410

Wait you all don't look like harry potter? I say this with many friends from england and having visited many times.. Ya'll look like bean poles.

let me guess from the south?

Many ways to kill someone without a gun. If they have the will, they will find a way.

Of course they will. But if somebody wants to kill you without a gun, let's say with a basball bat, the line he has to cross is way higher than if he just pulled the trigger, standing 10 feet away from you.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

I am against gun control. I am for less government intervention into my life in almost every aspect.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I like the gun control laws that we have here in sweden.

But i don't have any major issues with the american gun laws. (Apart from the fanatic gun nuts that you see from time to time)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I am against gun control. I am for less government intervention into my life in almost every aspect.

Funny because society wants government intervention yet, also doesn't want government intervention. I don't believer there will ever be a point where government intervention is balances and everyone's happy, there will always be more or too less depending on a person perspective. Its ridiculous I say~!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Say what you want, I think the self-defense argument is pretty weak. How often are you put into life-threatening situations? 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

You must realise that what you're saying here is basically, 'unless ALL violence can be stopped, there is no point in stopping the one biggest proponent of violence'. It is a complete logical fallacy that needs to stop being harped in this debate.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Although I am against gun 'control' (AKA either banning or limiting sales to people with licenses), I'm all for background checks.

Calm yo mammaries, son

The man speaks the truth

Compatible with Windows 95