Is anyone here for gun control or not?

Terlingua0101

Calm yo mammaries, son

The man speaks the truth

southerners......

Just my view, don't take it offensively anyone as it's just what I think:

in the uk the other week, a schoolteacher was stabbed to death by a pupil - 1 person dead.

In the US and other countries where guns are legal, you can quite easily get people taking guns into schools and shooting all the people in a classroom - probably 30 people dead.

Which of these two would you rather have, if you had to choose - 1 person dead, or 30 people dead. It isn't ideal, it's utilitarian, but the answer is pretty clear IMHO.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

@WillFromGA

1 is 1 one too many...

I never heard of a robber stupid enough to break in while the owners were at home, it's much simpler when they are on holidays, don't you think?

It happens more than you think.

Fuck guns, and fuck the weird assholes who preach keeping them in society, you are as cancerous as any bastard criminal out there, yes i am passionate, i have used weapons myself.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Would you feel a Lian Li desk is a threat? I mean, it's made of metal just like a gun is. OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note. If we really wanted to go for specifics, guns are inanimate hunks of metal. They pose zero threat /on their own/. All it takes is an idiot with ammo to turn them deadly. I'm against idiots being sold ammo more than I am in favor of gun control. A gun does jack all without a projectile of any sort. I mean, a common kitchen knife is far more deadly if we're comparing the two, as is. So the real "gun control" complaining should be about "ammo control" and also focused on unstable people- not blanket list guns as a whole. Without ammo, a gun literally is a hunk of metal and that's it. It's not the devil's spawn, it's literally just a hunk of metal.

Think about it. What good does an OP gun do you without bullets? It becomes an oddly shaped blunt object, any blunt object can be a weapon, even a god damned frozen turkey.

Fuck guns, and fuck the weird assholes who preach keeping them in society, you are as cancerous as any bastard criminal out there, yes i am passionate, i have used weapons myself.

Whoa lets keep this place from turning from a discussion into a argument shall we? 

I find it's better to try to persuade people to agree with your viewpoint than to go out guns blazing(no pun intended) at those who think differently.

JBTQI7o.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Just my view, don't take it offensively anyone as it's just what I think:

in the uk the other week, a schoolteacher was stabbed to death by a pupil - 1 person dead.

In the US and other countries where guns are legal, you can quite easily get people taking guns into schools and shooting all the people in a classroom - probably 30 people dead.

Which of these two would you rather have, if you had to choose - 1 person dead, or 30 people dead. It isn't ideal, it's utilitarian, but the answer is pretty clear IMHO.

If you bring a gun in my school, one of the guards will shoot you down. Also, larger schools have metal detectors.

I'm totally in favor of better gun control. Kids these days are going into a school with tons of ammo only to score so few frags. Learn to handle your weapon, newbs. It's embarrassing! :D

Yeah, whey would I want to defend my self with a gun when I could use a knife and get within 3ft of the person attacking me just to get them to back off....... gr8 logik m8. Also, there will always be criminals. Criminals ;)>>IRONICALLY<<;) do not obey the law, so they would have access to ILLEGAL guns and then they would kill everyone because they can't defend themselves.

I'm totally in favor of better gun control. Kids these days are going into a school with tons of ammo only to score so few frags. Learn to handle your weapon, newbs. It's embarrassing! :D

Kids do not buy the gun. It's the parent's fault for allowing it in their reach. My friend's dad put his gun in a safe and only he knows the password. Problem solved.

Yeah, whey would I want to defend my self with a gun when I could use a knife and get within 3ft of the person attacking me just to get them to back off....... gr8 logik m8. Also, there will always be criminals. Criminals ;)>>IRONICALLY<< ;) do not obey the law, so they would have access to ILLEGAL guns and then they would kill everyone because they can't defend themselves.

You may want to ask yourself how many times in your life some weirdo tries to stab you, i reckon you can count it on a quarter of a finger.

Heard all the excuses over and over again, the real issue is the stupid American lifestyle, you Americans think it is normal, this is why the rest of the world laughs at you ignoramous tits.

Take it personal all you want, it is a general statement to gun carrying hypocrits.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

You may want to ask yoursel fhow many times in your life some weirdo tries to stab you, i reckon you can count it on a quarter of a finger.

I haven't been attacked, but if I were, I would like to know that I could pull a gun on any bastard that tries to injure/kill me. :)

I haven't been attacked, but if I were, I would like to know that I could pull a gun on any bastard that tries to injure/kill me. :)

That right there is just pathetic, sounds like a school boy nuts on how cool Action Men are, until they join the Army thinking they are tough only to fail in basic.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

Typical liberal response i was expecting

Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66 GHZ, Intel DX58SO, EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 TI, 12 GB corsair vengeance 1600MHz, 120 GB Intel 520,

Kids do not buy the gun. It's the parent's fault for allowing it in their reach. My friend's dad put his gun in a safe and only he knows the password. Problem solved.

92397df6e2d54ba5824dcb84e40eb181a8dfde9e

That right there is just pathetic, sounds like a school boy nuts on how cool Action Men are, until they join the Army thinking they are tough only to fail in basic.

How is it pathetic? I don't want to freaking die from getting stabbed. That sounds like a shitty way to go out. And I don't know what you're spouting off about the military for, I never mentioned it and I don't want to join.

Not sure why politics are bought up, but then again, it is the only shit excuse you can pull.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

Sorry, we're trying to have a serious discussion here, please see Reddit for your joking community.

Regular (as in normal civilians) should not have guns. The more guns you have avaliable somewhere, the more chance is there that they will be misused, it's simply how people work. Do you remember the last time you heard of a school/movie theatre/whatever shooting in Europe? I don't...

I remember about 4 shootings, and I'm only 17. And I live in a European country called Finland. Granted they haven't been as massacreish like the ones in the US, but still shootings none the less. I think usually committed with a rifle chambered for .22 lr.

But my stance for gun control... Well I actually find the term gun control a bit odd. Surely guns would need control whether the individual is allowed to own them or not. But as a person who generally likes all kinds of thingies, guns are extremely fascinating, and they do have history behind them too.

Shooting does also seem like a nice hobby. And guns probably aren't going anywhere, so people who have dealings in them are bound to be pretty safe around them.

And then there are the cons and all the things I can't personally consider. It's all a mess. A pretty nothing answer from me.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Not sure why politics are bought up, but then again, it is the only shit excuse you can pull.

It's not politics, it's a way of classifying the way people think.

Conservatives are pro-gun and have their reasons.

Liberals are idiots that can't read statistics.

How is it pathetic? I don't want to freaking die from getting stabbed. That sounds like a shitty way to go out. And I don't know what you're spouting off about the military for, I never mentioned it and I don't want to join.

I doubt you even understand the point, my brother loves guns, but could never hack using one, but would own one if there was no law.

Can he handle it? i doubt it, would he kill himself or others? more than likely, he is Autistic.

You want to keep blabbering about stabbings that rarely happen?

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

Wait I thought liberals in general supported gun rights. Am I wrong? 

Lets not point stereotypes and keep everything cool ok?

Its apparent you feel very strongly in your position on the topic but lets not do things that could make this escalate into a argument if you don't mind. 

If it the thread bothers you too much just ask to have it locked, people will keep voicing their opinions. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

If you bring a gun in my school, one of the guards will shoot you down. Also, larger schools have metal detectors.

if it's hidden in a bag or jacket pocket, the guards won't see it, therefore won't do anything. And metal detectors are all very good, but if you carry something else metallic, say a metal flask or a metal lunch box, then I think it's doable to get a gun through. Especially in a large school, where there are so many people to check on.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

The amount of life-threatening situations you get put into does not matter. You anti-gun guys are basing your arguments on statistics that do not matter.

If you ever have someone threaten your life, be sure to tell them it's not statistically in your favor to have someone threaten your life. I'm sure they'll understand.

Whoa lets keep this place from turning from a discussion into a argument shall we? 

I find it's better to try to persuade people to agree with your viewpoint than to go out guns blazing(no pun intended) at those who think differently.

JBTQI7o.gif

I think my viewpoint is solid.

Pull the trigger on an unloaded gun, it becomes no more dangerous than little kids playing cops and robbers shouting "bang bang!" Do the same with a loaded gun and it's a completely different story. Sort of reminds me of how Bruce Lee son's died on the movie set when the round in his gun wasn't a blank and he accidentally got shot for real and died. So to me, ammo is far more of a concern than the actual gun. People are so caught up about guns that they fail to realize life isn't an arcade game where ammo is unlimited. Without ammo, real guns and toy guns are basically the same, really.