What Would Your Programming Language Be Named And Used For?

piggykid1

I would call mine Swine and it would be used for everything... hahaha that would be cool though it could range from game creation from 8-bit games to games like Battlefield, and make things like websites and operating systems, phone apps and such.

Happy Discussing! 

I would call mine PickUpLines and it would be used to get more females.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I would call mine Mindfuck and it would mindfuck everybody

Brainfuck

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

I'd call mine ForSplit. Its compiler would recognise and split for-loops that can be parallellised and distributes them among cores. It'd be used by everyone who isn't that good with multithreading.

Isn't that basically what AMD's plans are with HSA, by the way?

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I'd call mine ForSplit. Its compiler would recognise and split for-loops that can be parallellised and distributes them among cores. It'd be used by everyone who isn't that good with multithreading.

not sure about your questions but I think you were the only person that had a real viable answer lol

Have you ever heard of Thread-Level Speculation? There are a lot of runtime systems and compilers that do that and much more.

You also have Transactional Memory systems and tools like OpenMP or even MPI to help with multi core/thread/chip processing.

NoNonsenseCode.

A programming language that is simply.

"If user presses x : This happens" 

No stuff like

public static void main(String[] args)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I call mine D-Brain. I wrote it for an extremely specific task - namely advanced string manipulation. (I hope someone gets that). I use it when I need to be able to efficiently edit data in huge batches of files.

I would call mine ... brace yourselves ..

THE "D"

D++ available next year

- "Hey what did u use to wrote that awesome program ?"

- "The D"

-"oh"

EDIT : Holy shit it actually exists i just found out 

Mine would be a multi-paradigm functional, procedural, imperative, object oriented, data flow, graphical, static typed, type checked, reference counted, garbage collected, manually managed memory, interpreted, compiled, JIT-compiled, byte code compiled, dynamic typed, Perl-like, Ruby-esque, Python-ish, and a member of the C family. It would combine the runtime speed of Smalltalk with the gorgeous syntax of C.

It would be called "F," for the grade I got in CompSci last semester.

(I'm hoping to raise it to a D# or at least an F++ by the end of the year.)

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

NoNonsenseCode.

No stuff like

Check out Tcl/Tk

main(i){for(;i<101;i++)printf("Fizz\n\0Fizzz\bBuzz\n\0%d\n"+(!(i%5)^!!(i%3)*3)*6,i);}

NoNonsenseCode.

No stuff like

The reason why you use the public static void  keywords would make your programming language crap, because there would be zero optimalization, and encapsulation and therefore noone would use it.

BUT there are plenty of lanugages which try its best to lower the need of keywords.  Just google them :)

And also ... I personally  love that i can set whichever variable public, private and static :)

Its what makes me feel like i am in charge and that when players run my game it wont lag out, or be hacked right away on start of session :D;)

Also, you language would make MAD everyone who ever programmed , because when in starard syntax you use syntax from OOP's (c++,java for what i can remember) FOR : EACH loop

People would easily mistaken your keywords for the ones existing in other languages.

Mine would be called "OuttaFood" and it would be used to keep track of all the food in my kitchen, compile a shopping list and order them just before I run out.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

The reason why you use the public static void  keywords would make your programming language crap, because there would be zero optimalization, and encapsulation and therefore noone would use it.

BUT there are plenty of lanugages which try its best to lower the need of keywords.  Just google them :)

And also ... I personally  love that i can set whichever variable public, private and static :)

Its what makes me feel like i am in charge and that when players run my game it wont lag out, or be hacked right away on start of session :D;)

Also, you language would make MAD everyone who ever programmed , because when in starard syntax you use syntax from OOP's (c++,java for what i can remember) FOR : EACH loop

People would easily mistaken your keywords for the ones existing in other languages.

I was thinking more along the lines of a written code that's in plain english^^

So instead of a complicated language it would be more like.

"If the user presses the "Undo" button undo the last thing they did in the program". Written out just like that

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

"If the user presses the "Undo" button undo the last thing they did in the program". Written out just like that

Have you heard of Perl?

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Well think of it in different way. 

you are actually using basic english when programming, your "problem" or issue with this is just that you dont like the terminology that was created when certain programmin languages was created.

Okay, so  Lets see . 

Just an example of creating a player with 100 HP (health points). and creating him in main loop and printing his HP to console.

Java:

public class Player(){

private int HP = 100;

private String name = "";

public int getPlayerHP(){

return HP;

}

public String getPlayersName(){

return name;

}

public Player(String n){

this.name = n;

}

}

public class Main{

public static void Main(String[] args){

Player p1 = new Player("SirPaul");

System.out.println(p1.getPlayerHP());

}

}

Your Language : 

create class accesible for all classes called Player;

create variable accessible for all inner methods of type Integer called HP which has value 100;

create variable accessible for all inner methods of type String called name which has value "";

create method accessible from outside of this class called getPlayerHP of return type int  which will return variable HP;

create method accessible from outside of this class called getPlayersName of return type String  which will return variable name;

create constructor of this class with parameters - String called n - on execution make variable from this class called name equal to variable n;

create class accesible for all classes called Main;

create method accessible for all which is static with no return type and with parameters -  String array called args ;

create object of type Player called p1 - create new instance of object Player with 1st parameter in constructor to be string "SirPaul";

Call method getPlayerHP from object p1 and print its contents to console.

You see the difference ? In order to keep the code really understandable and readable i just wasted many more lines of words.  And still undeduceted user would not get the idea of some things.

I think someone came over the similar idea of making the language which can be interpreted in basic talk language.  But its just waste of time.

Instead of create class accessible for all classes called Player . you can go with

public class Player{}.

And that's all..  See the difference ?

On your own idea of making this kind of language, you still need to make some FORMs in which people would need to type the commands , so it can recognize the

Create class accessible for all classes called main,  Instead of typing  Create class which will be called Main but is accesible for all other classes in my project.

So basically you would create the same thing just with longer keywords.  OR you can take a look into Neural networks and build a powerfull AI system which will recognize what users says.

Its "commonly" used in such interpretations, so maybe you can give it a go   :)

Hopefully i didnt offend anybody and hopefully and maybe i tought someone something :D

magiC

You can guess what it would be used for. :P