Gunmaker uses google glass to shoot around corners

ShadowCaptain

So basically he receives a live video feed from his rifle and it is displayed on this google glass, so he can lean the gun around a corner, take aim and fire

awesome!

Article below: Also I couldn't embed the video so took a screenshot - I wonder how many people will click it :)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/06/04/gunmaker_taps_google_glass_to_aim_around_corners/

(like this status if you click the image and realise it is not a video, I would be interested to know)

post-17790-0-96511900-1401980660.png

post-17790-0-96511900-1401980660.png

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This is an awesome inspiration for an uber-camping ego-shooter. Like, the opposite of Titanfall or sth. silly like that. :D

who cares...

Interesting concept, apart from the cost of the google glass of course.

Awesome!! too bad ill never be able to experience anything like this because i live in a shit hole of a country which has no rights :/

I think there is an Israeli gun built to shoot around corners. This would fit its purpose completely!

I think there is an Israeli gun built to shoot around corners. This would fit its purpose completely!

There are a few but this is awesome

I reckon you could also control a nice remote sniper system "Ok google, please shoot that guy with the red hat" ....."Ok Shooting the child with no hat"... FUCK YOU GOOGLE

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Pretty neat. Wonder what the lag is like. Stationary targets are one thing.. Also looks bulky and heavy.

The PGF is said to allow for accurate shots on moving targets up to 1,200 yards away.

Not so sure I'd buy that.

I admit. I thought the pic was a video :( take away my techie licence

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Cool concept however you could just do the same thing with normal non $1500 video goggles

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

Im sure if any Army wants to start to use a device such as this they will get it at cost from google + im sure the gun price is far higher :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Awesome!! too bad ill never be able to experience anything like this because i live in a shit hole of a country which has no rights :/

whats wrong with your country?

Cornershot_eurosatory2006.jpg

They've had a similar system for a while now. 

9x19, .40, .45, 40mm grenade and a newer one allows for the use of 5.56 rounds. 

It's called the corner-shot and this is way more elegant. I wonder how much the sight costs 1500$+$600+(tracking point sight) isnt that bad for this solution.

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

I really hope we see a militairy version that looks like this

ghostrecon_HUD_zps1a937e46.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Shooting will get so fucked up soon. You'll get skins and overlays with tits instead of crosshairs or some anime bullshit and their iconic peace sign stance with "HEADSHOT!" next to it, true face of advanced warfare, now 7+.

whats wrong with your country?

We have no rights at all! do u know how many times me and my mates have been padded down and searched by the police for no reason?! Too god damn many to count! we arent aloud to drive certain cars we arent aloud guns we arent aloud paintball guns we arent aloud god damn bb guns! we have mandatory breath tests if you say no u will get arrested everything is expensive we have terrible internet and to top that all off we have an idiot government who thinks upgraded our internet infrastructure is just for online gaming and wants to spend billions on drones to fly over the boarder also has broken every promise he said before the election he said he would lower taxes and now is RAISING them! Thats whats wrong with this piece of shit good for nothing country!

Don't worry. If the US gov actually started implementing this stuff for warfare, they'll have no trouble funding it with the trillions of dollars we don't actually have.

This sounds a lot like Land Warrior, which has been in development for years.

FX 8320@4.1Ghz, Noctua NH-D14, MSI 7870@1050Mhz, 8 GB 1600 MHz, M5A97 LE R2.0, NZXT H440, CX500M

Your rights matter because you never know when you are going to need them.

-Edward Snowden

We have no rights at all! do u know how many times me and my mates have been padded down and searched by the police for no reason?! Too god damn many to count! we arent aloud to drive certain cars we arent aloud guns we arent aloud paintball guns we arent aloud god damn bb guns! we have mandatory breath tests if you say no u will get arrested everything is expensive we have terrible internet and to top that all off we have an idiot government who thinks upgraded our internet infrastructure is just for online gaming and wants to spend billions on drones to fly over the boarder also has broken every promise he said before the election he said he would lower taxes and now is RAISING them! Thats whats wrong with this piece of shit good for nothing country!

You mean apart from not living in poverty and being shot at, beaten, killed and a plethora of other inhumane and heinous crimes? Yeah what a shit country to live in.

I fully agree on the "tony Abbott" part (i assume that's who you mean) but there are reasons we have fire arm restrictions and to a lesser extent vehicle restrictions. If every Joe and their dog could use guns and drive ridiculous cars, imagine what that country would be like. People in Australia cant even hold themselves back from glass, king hitting random people in the street, now stick a gun in that neanderthals hands, what a great idea. 

Also guns are readily available in Australia if you have a license for them, this includes paintball guns.

CPU: i5-4670k GPU: Asus DirectCUII TOP V2 MOBO: AsRock z87m EXTREME4 RAM: 8gb Gskill 1600mhz  CASE: Corsair Air 540 SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120gb HDD: 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm

Cooling: CPU- H100i push/pull 4x Noctua 120mm fans, 

GPU - H90 push/pull 2x Noctua 140mm fans + NZXT G10 Kraken bracket

If every Joe and their dog could use guns and drive ridiculous cars, imagine what that country would be like.

That sounds awesome, I'd like to move there. :wub:

You mean apart from not living in poverty and being shot at, beaten, killed and a plethora of other inhumane and heinous crimes? Yeah what a shit country to live in.

I fully agree on the "tony Abbott" part (i assume that's who you mean) but there are reasons we have fire arm restrictions and to a lesser extent vehicle restrictions. If every Joe and their dog could use guns and drive ridiculous cars, imagine what that country would be like. People in Australia cant even hold themselves back from glass, king hitting random people in the street, now stick a gun in that neanderthals hands, what a great idea.

Also guns are readily available in Australia if you have a license for them, this includes paintball guns.

I know it's not really the governments fault but it still sucks the 2 things I love the most and im so restricted more pissed off at the people in the country then the country it's self but if someone wants a gun they will get a gun that's what annoys me criminals still have guns! And yea u can get a gun license but u either have to have it for your job or be part of a gun club and shoot a certain amount of times a year also we are restricted in the guns we can get we can't get aks or anything I think we should be able to have a gun at home for protection if we don't have a criminal record and are over the age of 25

Has no rights? Please do tell me more. If you want to shoot, get your gun licence and go hunting. No one is stopping you? If you want to live in a country that allows every man and their dog to have access to lethal weapons for no reason whatsoever go live in America. I hear they dont have any issues with the wrong people using them for the wrong reasons. #endrant 

Rig: Intel Core i5 3570k , 16GB Corsair Vengeance , Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3 , EVGA GTX780 SLI, Asus Xonar STX , Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1TB WD BLACK , 1TB Seagate Barracuda , 4TB Seagate Barracuda

Monitors: X-STAR 30" 2560x1440 IPS

Peripherals: Logitech G9x Mouse, Corsair K9% RGB, Logitech Z623 Speakers, V-MODA Crossfade LP2's with Boom Pro Mic.