Origin Sale! Upto 70% Off! Shots Fired!

Assassin

So it's like the Steam sales. Every sale is the same shit I've already played, they mights as well not have a sale at all if I cannot benefit from it.

Steam sales have hundreds of games that often I haven't even heard of before.  If anything it opens me up to new games.  Sure they include games I've played before, but seriously if you think that's all there is, you arent taking advantage of a great opportunity.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Steam sales have hundreds of games that often I haven't even heard of before.  If anything it opens me up to new games.  Sure they include games I've played before, but seriously if you think that's all there is, you arent taking advantage of a great opportunity.

Steam has also been a platform for a lot longer. Most of the shit that goes on sale I've already played, and the rest is either not worth playing or a big title at a very small discount. (Looking it you Ubisoft) Maybe it's because they have like 300 sales a year, but it's just the same shit over and over going on sale.

Once again I have to ask, how exactly has EA fucked you over?

EA is an evil company. Not just bad, not just greedy but downright evil. You cannot ignore this just because you bought so many games from Origin and can't leave or you don't want Steam to be a monopoly.

It's 5 am I'm going to bed so I'll keep this short. Here is 2 examples of EA being evil:

1.You about the Madden series? That stupidly successful money machine? You know how EA made the game with by stealing the engine from Bethesda. First they promise to publish Bethesda's game then they back out then we get Madden built with Bethesda's work.

2. Do you remember Origin Software (guess what the name of Origin isn't original) EA filed frivolous lawsuits against them just to put them out of business. Trip Hawkings said it was just business like a fucking Bond villain.

This is how EA does business. They are evil.

A few bad decisions that don't effect you.

How about the fact ea offers refunds to players who think the game is broken or just not worth buying if they don't like the game?

EA's free game scheme they have started recently. EA have done a lot of wrong in the past but new management has changed the direction of the company imo.

k5Ag7M1.png

This backlog?

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

@Legion yet they did nothing to atone for their sins now did they. I'm not selfish enough to let some be evil just because they don't hurt me. Those two are not bad decisions, although EA did a lot of those too. Those two are EA consciously doing an act of evil.

EA has banned people not to long ago for even asking for a refund. They will NOT refund just because you don't like the game, no one does that. That's considered an abuse of system everywhere. They will refund it if it's broken but so will Steam so what's the point?

You want a competitor to Steam that's fine. But at least pick a competitor that isn't owned by the devil. Like GoG.com for example.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Well, bought some of the games! I do not regret buying them either. :)

It will probably bring more "EA SUCKZ!" but for those who already bought some games, be patient with the latest problem. It seems to be for BF3, ME3 and Crysis 3 activiating the product keys. I'd wager a fix to it will be up soon.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well thanks EA...

I just bought Syndicate, Medal of Honour Warfighter and Dragon Age 2

All 3 games I avoided becuase they were Meh but since they were only a few quid each i thought what the hell, syndicate doenst look that bad and gets decent reviews and MOWF just looks generic. I never got around to DA2 although some people hate it, I would finally get a chance to give my opinion

However I cannot activate syndicate, it asks for a cd key which I paste in, it then says "activation complete" and then says "you cannot activate this gmae on your account"

and MOWF just crashes and I cannot get into the game, it either stops responding, or just gets stuck on the first loading screen

Maybe I will just get EA to refund all the games :/

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well thanks EA...

I just bought Syndicate, Medal of Honour Warfighter and Dragon Age 2

All 3 games I avoided becuase they were Meh but since they were only a few quid each i thought what the hell, syndicate doenst look that bad and gets decent reviews and MOWF just looks generic. I never got around to DA2 although some people hate it, I would finally get a chance to give my opinion

However I cannot activate syndicate, it asks for a cd key which I paste in, it then says "activation complete" and then says "you cannot activate this gmae on your account"

and MOWF just crashes and I cannot get into the game, it either stops responding, or just gets stuck on the first loading screen

Maybe I will just get EA to refund all the games :/

It is a problem they are aware of at the moment. They are currently trying to fix it.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/some-games-wont-activate-in-origin/

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Shots at steam "games you'll actually play" lel

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

$5 for Mass Effect 2, $30+ for the DLC (which can only be bought from EA and never goes on sale)

It is a problem they are aware of at the moment. They are currently trying to fix it.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/some-games-wont-activate-in-origin/

Yeah I saw, its irritating though. Also to make matters worse, 2 weeks ago a friend gifted me COD Ghosts on steam, which I really didnt want but since it was free i thought I would play through the SP campaign at least, im like 4 or 5 hours in, went on yesterday and my entire save game has been deleted ><

I am not having much luck. bloody technology 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

• 2 weeks later...

For what it is worth, EA has added some DLC to this sale from several titles. (Mass Effect(s), Dragon Age(s), Need for Speed(s), Mirror's Edge, Titanfall, Simcity, The Sims, Resident Evil, etc)
It appears to only go so far as the dlc(s) available on origin and not those on biowares points money grab site/thing.

As such, I can now buy ME3 for $6 and the N7 upgrade pack(it's just the from ashes day 1 DLC for sake of argument) now for an additional $5. Where as on biowares site the from ashes DLC is still full pop in biopoints (approx $15).

So, yea...

Edited by MoonSpot

Why is Origin terrible? Because it's not Steam?

Well you know..

9a5.jpg

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July