Origin Sale! Upto 70% Off! Shots Fired!

Assassin

post-18995-0-54100800-1401747956.png

Looks like EA is taking a stab at steam by mocking the backlog most of us have created in steam. Anyhow all out war between them while we get the profits. Just brought Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age II

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/

They have some good games for sale. Like Dead Space, Mass Effect, Bad Company, Dragon Age and many more. 

post-18995-0-54100800-1401747956.png

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

More like "70% off games I've already played"

Nice try origin.  Your sales won't make you any less terrible.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I can finally get dragon age II. I need to finish it before inquisition comes out.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Bf3 and PvZ was free a couple of days ago, not sure if they still are. But yeah...

So I can put anything here?

How long does this deal last?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Why is Origin terrible? Because it's not Steam?

No, it's terrible because it's terrible.  Simple really.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I happen to like Origin very much. Hey, free Battlefield 3. I'm down with that

HUEHUEHUEHUE

Why is Origin terrible? Because it's not Steam?

Exactly. Because it's not Steam.

I don't want to have multiple libraries. I want to have one. I don't want my friends to either be split between platforms, or have to bother to friend me on each and every single one I have (Uplay comes into this too). I don't want it, because it's not Steam. 

Steam is the superior PC platform by far. If you want to argue against that, go for it, but splitting it up like this is no different than console exclusives. It's just terrible and hurts the industry imo.

The whole reason Origin is a thing isn't because they want to do what Steam does (give us a great platform to enjoy and play fairly cheap and easily accessible games with our friends). It's because of DRM. It's as simple as that really. If they really wanted it to be a great platform, it wouldn't be a requirement. Steam isn't a requirement for the games I buy on Steam. I can just run the .exes if I really don't want to use Steam.

Not so with Origin. Sure Valve games are built into Steam, but that's a given, and it is so because people like Steam. Whereas, I believe sincerely the opposite is true of Origin. People use it because they have to and EA actually make good AAA games (even if they are usually broken messes and gouge you with DLC, they are still enjoyable to play and AAA). In other words, the platform is locked down. That's anti-consumer imo. 

I don't see Origin's argument for not being terrible honestly. 

Don't get me wrong. Valve is a company who is out to make money like EA, but everything I've seen and read and heard about Gabe has told me he is the type of guy who wants to make money while making people happy. Rather than screwing them over a barrel as EA does regularly with the aid of Origin. 

There's a reason EA has been hated on quite a bit. And it isn't just fanboyism or over-exaggeration. They are a terrible gaming company relative to the other companies in the industry. They make good AAA games, but that is literally the only reason people buy their games aside from the fact that a lot of people buy their games already because they are big, well known, and cater to the largest demographic. Good = fun here. Not well coded, planned, or distributed. Just fun to play.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

No, it's terrible because it's terrible.  Simple really.

But why? What's your reasoning behind this?

Man was hoping Need For Speed most wanted would be on sale since i miss playing it on PS3 (had all the DLC too and PS3 YOLD)

How long does this deal last?

According to the small print, June the 16th

Hmm not very good at this signature deallio so umm, specs :D

CPU: Intel Core i5 4570K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MBoard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GBx1 Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB; Western Digital WD Blue 1TB; Hitachi Clunk Clunk Whirl 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 780 Direct CU II Case: Antec 902 V3 PSU: Corsair RM 650 OS: Windows 8.1 Pro (with Media Centre)

Looks like EA is taking a stab at steam by mocking the backlog most of us have created in steam

what backlog?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Exactly. Because it's not Steam.

I don't want to have multiple libraries. I want to have one. I don't want my friends to either be split between platforms, or have to bother to friend me on each and every single one I have (Uplay comes into this too). I don't want it, because it's not Steam. Because it is Origin. 

Steam is the superior PC platform by far. If you want to argue against that, go for it, but splitting it up like this is no different than console exclusives. It's just terrible and hurts the industry imo.

I disagree. I of course don't have more than ten friends I need on either platform so it's not much of a problem for me. Much more important though is that I don't want Steam to have monopoly on the market. Competition does a lot to drive advancement. Imagine if there was no AMD, just Intel and NVIDIA. Without motivation to improve they will just milk you for as much money as they possibly can. I can tell you with 100% confidence that your precious Gabe would do exactly the same, either that or he would be replaced as CEO.

But why? What's your reasoning behind this?

It is literally the least functional piece of software I have on my computer.

EA shoved it down our throats with Battlefield to compete against steam and honestly it has no point.

Not to mention its painfully slow, spams my email, and the support is awful (speaking from personal experience so that last one is probably not completely valid)

what backlog?

You know games that you brought at some point hoping to play at some point but just hoarded it. I have 190+ games that are waiting to be played. some of them haven't even been launched. this is just  a snapshot:

post-18995-0-87704500-1401749375_thumb.j

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

You know games that you brought at some point hoping to play at some point but just hoarded it. I have 190+ games that are waiting to be played. some of them haven't even been launched. this is just  a snapshot:

You bought dota 2?

I prefer Steam over Origin simply because I like to have all of my games in one location. I used steam way before I started using origin, but as a person who likes to play games I can't be stubborn, otherwise I would miss out on all of the Origin only games.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I disagree. I of course don't have more than ten friends I need on either platform so it's not much of a problem for me. Much more important though is that I don't want Steam to have monopoly on the market. Competition does a lot to drive advancement. Imagine if there was no AMD, just Intel and NVIDIA. Without motivation to improve they will just milk you for as much money as they possibly can. I can tell you with 100% confidence that your precious Gabe would do exactly the same, either that or he would be replaced as CEO.

And everything I've seen about Valve tells me that they are the unique company that innovates for the sake of innovation, rather than because they want to beat their competitors (not that they don't want to, but I don't believe it's a requirement for them to try). Again, as I said in my post which I edited, Valve is a company. They want to make money. I get that. However, Gabe comes across as the guy who wants to do that and be innovative while making people happy. I sincerely don't believe Valve requires competition to be good like they are. 

And I wouldn't even call Origin competition. It competes in no meaningful way. It's not like AMD VS Intel/Nvidia. It's more like Intel VS Matrox Graphics (small, irrelevant company in the face of Intel's market share). 

Read my comment. I edited it a lot.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I agree with this. I don't understand the hate towards Origin. It works when I want it and lets me play the games as I wish. I think its great to have Origin around especially when Steam goes down for maintenance. Most people here seem to be just jumping on the bandwagon of "lets hate Origin and EA because why not" without actually having any bad experiences with it. With that being said just I just use big picture mode a lot so I have added all my origin games to Steam and play from there. 

You bought dota 2?

No. That I just added to my library. Everyone knows Dota 2 is free. 

It is literally the least functional piece of software I have on my computer.

EA shoved it down our throats with Battlefield to compete against steam and honestly it has no point.

Not to mention its painfully slow, spams my email, and the support is awful (speaking from personal experience so that last one is probably not completely valid)

Honestly I've never had a problem with Origin itself (like I very much have with uPlay). It was stuffed down my throat with Battlefield and at the time I wasn't too happy about it, however I have grown to realize that it isn't bad at all. The ingame overlay is functional, it could be better but the same damn well goes for Steam. Overall Origin is pretty lightweight and only bothers you when it wants to update, and it works. Download speeds are great (at least as far as my 100mbit/s connection will carry it) and they are literally giving away free games. Now when it comes to functionality Battlelog is an entirely different beast, has that thing been a nightmare...

Uh, I had no idea Injustice was out for PC!

Most people here seem to be just jumping on the bandwagon of "lets hate Origin and EA because why not" without actually having any bad experiences with it. 

But I have had multiple bad experiences with it and the fact that its made by EA doesn't affect my decision towards disliking it.  

Instantly assuming anyone who doesnt like something is a fanboy is not a good way to present your argument for or against something.

I will concede that it has improved since BF3.  They've got it to where I no longer shout profanities when launching games.

Uh, I had no idea Injustice was out for PC!

It is! It was on sale a couple of days ago! Keep an eye out.

Meh. It's some nice discounts, but it's like the same 10 games Origin always has on sale, because it's like the only games they have.  :wacko: