Heaven Society - Week 6 (The Irregular at Magic Highschool)

JLCitadel

vfAXr6z.png

Current Anime: The Irregular at Magic Highschool

61039.jpg

Synopsis

Magic—A century has passed since this concept has been recognized as a formal technology instead of the product of the occult or folklore. The season is spring and it is time for a brand new school year. At the National Magic University First Affiliate High School, A.K.A Magic High School, students are divided into two distinct groups according to their academic performances. The "Bloom," who demonstrate the highest grades and are enrolled in the "First Course," and the "Weed," who have a poor academic record and are enrolled in the "Second Course." This spring, a very peculiar brother and sister enroll as new students. The brother is an under achiever with some deficiencies and enrolls as a "Weed," while his younger sister is an honor student, who enrolls as a "Bloom." The brother, with a somewhat philosophical expression, and the younger sister who holds feelings a little stronger than sibling love for him... Ever since these two have entered through the gates of this prestigious school, the calm campus was beginning to change.

My Opinion

I'm completely up to date with this anime, it's got plenty of potential, and so far it's enjoyable, in general the main character lacks personality, which is something I've become accustomed to based on my anime history and some of my favorites, it's an aspect I dislike, though it fits him well and I can see that changing and becoming more emotional as the plot develops. It's a bit new to have a main character who starts out completely over powered, which may put off interesting fights for a while, but when it comes I hope he gets stomped and it gives him some perspective.

To Kick off Discussion

How do you feel about magic in society? How do you think the world would change if magic came to us? How different do you think it would be if it was inherit in humans? How do you feel about the segregation and how it's portrayed?

Links to Watch

Link 1

Link 2

Synopsis Credits

Member Tags

@Shadow_gamer @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @TheProfosist @GokuLy @RainColt @MyInnerFred @Izaya Orihara @lutewan @squirrl @oc0110 @Jaybird @Charger

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<---poetateo looks good cant wait to watch it( internet is being slow right now ) and im really likeing this anime club thingy its nice to watch new anime that i have never heard of before

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

My Opinion

I'm completely up to date with this anime, it's got plenty of potential, and so far it's enjoyable, in general the main character lacks personality, which is something I've become accustomed to based on my anime history and some of my favorites, it's an aspect I dislike, though it fits him well and I can see that changing and becoming more emotional as the plot develops. It's a bit new to have a main character who starts out completely over powered, which may put off interesting fights for a while, but when it comes I hope he gets stomped and it gives him some perspective.

To Kick off Discussion

How do you feel about magic in society? How do you think the world would change if magic came to us? How different do you think it would be if it was inherit in humans? How do you feel about the segregation and how it's portrayed?

I think a lot of the things that you are talking about are all an effect of what he really is and how they seem to start the story with no background at all. I hope it also develops into something better then it currently is as well because as it is they seem really out of their element. I also think he has far more of a perspective on what he is really capable of then what his "sister" thinks he is capable of.

The funny thing that I notice is its a school of all people with magical powers and they separate into 2 groups and one is discriminated against but they have not even talked about people that don't have any power at all which i tend to assume there are based on the people they seem to fight.

ok so I havnt even really heard of this one, so i guess ill have to check it out. But just so you know the whole high schoolers with super powers in a struggle to overcome something or battle each other isnt one of my more favorite genre's.

Really like reading your synopsis, please do one for Kingdom! :)

im guessing he just grabs the from ANN, AniDB, or MAL

http://myanimelist.net/ it says so in the first post he links to it as  Synopsis Credits

oh yeah sorry MAL = myanimelist.net

oh yeah sorry MAL = myanimelist.net

lol i have an account there and still didn't realize that is what MAL is lol

ok so I havnt even really heard of this one, so i guess ill have to check it out. But just so you know the who high schoolers with super power in a struggle to overcome something isnt one of my more favorite genre's.

haha yea, but I'm looking forward to see what kind of anime it is :P

Ah good :D Something that I'm currently watching. I've had a huge pile up of anime series that i am just finishing off recently so haven't had a chance to watch the past weeks pickings. I'll post a review sometime soon when it's not a time when i just woke up :P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I'm caught up on this, im watching FMA at the moment.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've watched this anime before I saw this thread, and I personally found it quite mainstream. Fortunately, I watch all the anime I can get my hands on, so I don't think I'll be leaving this anytime soon. 

I've watched this anime before I saw this thread, and I personally found it quite mainstream. Fortunately, I watch all the anime I can get my hands on, so I don't think I'll be leaving this anytime soon.

How close was my initial description? :D

The best anime. Hyouka

Posted Image

Its good but not the best I'm sorry to say.

Its good but not the best I'm sorry to say.

The best is perspective based!

vTGTdrN.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

The best is perspective based!

vTGTdrN.gif

No its not :D:P

Nope its not :D:P

This is blasphemous!

RSg3vx1.gif

How dare you think differently!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

The best anime. Hyouka

I have not seen that anime but every time i see your gifs i try to find a place to watch it online and give up before i do