Your Personal Watch Dogs in-game Performance?

SrN95

Driving stuttering is a common problem currently in Watch Dogs.

Go find the game's properties file and add this line "-disablepagefilecheck" it will most likely fix the stuttering when driving.

I've done that and I'm still getting really bad stutters/ frame drops, also i tried fullscreen borderless which didn't work either. On Nvidia 337.88 drivers as well. Tbh all massive city games NEED Mantle/DX12 due to being cpu bound. For example in one area i'm running around at 60 fps 99% gpu usage, then next thing i'm down to 30 fps 50%, it's absolutely ridiculous. This game is in need of some serious optimization patches. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Mine is installing right now, so I'll let you know in a minute. So excited!

Found this:

Make a shortcut to the game and add "-disablepagefilecheck" without the quotation marks after the target and the stuttering should be extremely minimal (essentially just when driving very fast and loading new environments).
Example (under target): "X:\Games\WD\watch_dogs.exe" -disablepagefilecheck

Tried and tested on reddit.

Makes some unplayable machines playable.

Make a new thread if it works for you, mine isn't downloaded yet.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

small tweak but change DefferedFXQuality in the config from console to PC for much better details and Effects on things like lighting, explosions,  etc

Found this:

Make a shortcut to the game and add "-disablepagefilecheck" without the quotation marks after the target and the stuttering should be extremely minimal (essentially just when driving very fast and loading new environments).

Example (under target): "X:\Games\WD\watch_dogs.exe" -disablepagefilecheck

Tried and tested on reddit.

Makes some unplayable machines playable.

Make a new thread if it works for you, mine isn't downloaded yet.

This fixed the stutter for me.

RTX2070OC 

This fixed the stutter for me.

Where exactly is this done?

my laptop gets about 30fps on Ultra textures and ultra settings with FXAA but when i put textures and settings to high i get 50 fps with fxaa

Needs Update

I'm guessing the games just poorly optimized since it looks like BF4 but plays terrible?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Performance isn't too bad. Mouse acceleration and that is my main concern at the moment.

This was another thing I forgot to mention, the mouse acceleration in the menus vs in game is so off...I'm tempted to just buy a 360 controller to play it with at this point

Arc Midi R2 | ASUS M5A97r2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | EVGA GTX 780 FTW Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8gb | Corsair RM650w Gold | H100i Cooler | 128gb Samsung SSD | 2tb Seagate Barracuda | 3tb Seagate External

Peripherals: 23" Samsung SyncMaster2333 | Acer 27" 1080p | Corsair Vengenance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Logitech G602 | Razer Megalodon Headset | Vespula Gaming Pad

After I installed the game and the fix as well, I get more than 75 FPS on ultra settings. The driving is no longer choppy as before the fix and there are no FPS dips. Just some mouse issues like for example sometimes it moves too fast and in others it is too slow... but I guess that is just how the game is. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

i just uploading a video of the performance on a GTX 780m games runs pretty fine here 

In my case (i5+GTX660) I was playing at High at the beginning and it was quite smooth, it lagging though when driving. I changed to medium and it works great ^^

Im glad its not just me having performance issues.. For me its unplayable at max settings and laggy at high settings, and the driving isn't that great the handling reminds me of burnout paradise.

Handling is ok with me, still better than SR3 on a pad :D

Watch Dogs is running fine for me on my GTX 650 Ti BOOST at 1080P. In the video below I'm running medium settings with level of detail set to High.

I had an occassional hiccup at parts but overall smooth. This is with the latest Nvidia drivers btw

Watch Dogs is running fine for me on my GTX 650 Ti BOOST at 1080P. In the video below I'm running medium settings with level of detail set to High.

I had an occassional hiccup at parts but overall smooth. This is with the latest Nvidia drivers btw

D:

i have freaking 690 and im dying here! oh and my game just crashed after i hacked a sign, which is why im not playing right now 

I have it on Medium, ill try that -disablepagefilecheck thing and se if it works.

For me and my cousin it runs great now.
If you have 2GB Vram don't use ultra textures and AA over temporal SMAA or else it will stutter and crash after 15-30min.
If you set it up like this, install the newest driver, and do the display check thing it should work perfectly fine.
Also turn V-sync off and put the framebuffer to 1.

RTX2070OC 

Anyone else getting really high GPU temps?

PC Specs

PC Specs - CPU: Intel Core i7 3970X @ 3.5 GHz CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Graphics Card: x2 NVidia Geforce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked Editions Watercooled by Corsair HG10 N780s w/ Corsair H90s Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD w/ 1TB WD Blue HDD 7200 RPM HDD  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79  PSU: NZXT HALE90 V2 NP-1GM-1200A 1200W Audio: Mayflower Electronics Objective2 Bamboo Amplifier w/ Mayflower Electronics ODAC & Mayflower Electronics Modified Fostex T50RP Headphones V3 w/ Antlion Mod Mic Case: Fractal Design Define R5 OS: Windows 7 Professional Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical w/ Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad Keyboard: Camo Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless  w/ Cherry MX Black switches w/ Custom Keycaps Monitor: Asus ROG Swift 27" 1440p 1ms response time 144hz + 2 other monitors

If you get stuttering need to lower textures. This game eats Vram

GTX 660 2GB anything past medium textures i get mass stuttering.

But medium runs butter smoothing everything else on high 50-60 fps. It's just so ugly with medium textures. Really hope they fix it.

I cant belive that my x58 rig can play this game, I7930@3.6ghz,12gb of ram and a 780ti Classified(i know the system is unbalanced but im waiting for x99 to upgrade)

The stuttering is bad while driving a car but indoors im getting solid 80 FPS with all settings on ultra/FXAA. Outdoors FPS drop to 55~42, lowest i've seen is 38.

Also dropped the textures to high  and the stuttering remains.

Running 337.88 drivers

Steam: gray_fox_br

750K, Radeon 270: I get about 30-45fps in downtown, sold 60fps with odd random dips to 20fps in pawnee.

Currently at ultra except for HBAO & Texture Quality which are set to 2nd highest settings (And ofcourse no DOF or Motion Blur).

small tweak but change DefferedFXQuality in the config from console to PC for much better details and Effects on things like lighting, explosions,  etc

lol.. It's placebo. changing that does nothing.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

Runs like shyt for me. The cut scenes even drop frames. I crashed to desktop about 5 times in the three hours I put in to it. Not happy at all.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB