Your Personal Watch Dogs in-game Performance?

SrN95

@Lord Pantaloons

you did good going with a 4GB edition of the 760! ;)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

@Lord Pantaloons

you did good going with a 4GB edition of the 760! ;)

They were free, I wouldn't have bought them as they are slightly less expensive than a 2GB 770.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

They were free, I wouldn't have bought them as they are slightly less expensive than a 2GB 770.

i know a couple friends who bought GTX 770 2gb against my recommandation and today they are disapointed and they will continue to do so when they will run all the new games with ugly ass low/medium textures to avoid stuttering all over the place...you did good.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

i know a couple friends who bought GTX 770 2gb against my recommandation and today they are disapointed and they will continue to do so when they will run all the new games with ugly ass low/medium textures to avoid stuttering all over the place...you did good.

Well I'm on a single 1080p monitor so the 4GB has gone largely unused, like I said I wouldn't have them if they weren't free. I guess it worked out for this particular game but I really hope that games are optimized to make more efficient use of VRAM instead of hogging large amounts of it like WD does.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Playing on Ultra/Maxed out everything (including TXAA) in 1080p. Generally quite smooth.

High-speed motorcycle riding in the rain tends to drop a frame every 5-7 seconds. Some artefacts with building shadows crossing over another building (it flickers, but when I look away and look back, it's all good). Very few complaints. Downloaded the Nvidia drivers before the release.

I did have some issues earlier though, due to the UPlay overlay (supposedly). The game crashed and then wouldn't start again. I disabled the overlay, and still wouldn't start. I rebooted, and everything was just peachy.

Running on 4770k @ 3.986GHz and stock GPU. Might use an OC-profile later and see if there's any difference.

Corsair Obsidian 250D | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W | Asus Maximus VI Impact | Intel i7-4770k | Corsair h100i (with Noctua NF-F12) | G.Skill RipjawsX 2x8GB | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | WD Black 1TB | eVGA GTX Titan Black (+ ACX cooler)

Featured by NCIXEsther: Titan-Stuffed 250D

0 FPS on pc ....

I decided to rent this at Family Video sometime and play it on console just to see what the hype is about this game.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

0 FPS on pc ....

I decided to rent this at Family Video sometime and play it on console just to see what the hype is about this game.

the game is fun in itself but very unrealistic physics is ruining the fun for me...you might like it though...

LOL have you guys seen the benchmarks for cpu and gpu on this game? the gtx 780 would render 78fps according to them on max settings...LOL say what?!?!????? i can hardly get 50 freakin frames per second on max settings!!! they obviously havent played the same game that ive played!!

Lol yea I only get like 65ish on my 780ti at 1440

Lol yea I only get like 65ish on my 780ti at 1440

and let me guess...this is not maxed out and it's the parts that run's great...search for the lowest FPS you hit, i'm sure you are seing 40's ish at times on max settings...this game run's like crap and the benchmarks so far are all crap except tom's hardware the one they did seem legit they are seing 40 to 65 FPS on strong configs..

and let me guess...this is not maxed out and it's the parts that run's great...search for the lowest FPS you hit, i'm sure you are seing 40's ish at times on max settings...this game run's like crap and the benchmarks so far are all crap except tom's hardware the one they did seem legit they are seing 40 to 65 FPS on strong configs..

I was going with a round about average it jumps up to 90s and yea drops to 40s depending yes that's max settings at 1440

I was going with a round about average it jumps up to 90s and yea drops to 40s depending yes that's max settings at 1440

yes this is inline with the performances i get at 1080p...your better GPU is pushing the difference between 1080p and 1440p

yes this is inline with the performances i get at 1080p...your better GPU is pushing the difference between 1080p and 1440p

Yea and even this framerate sucks because I'll hit a real intensive spot and the vram will fill up and it'll start stuttering

Via the NVC? yes I do.

So that works? Nice I'll be doing that then to enable vsync. Is the In game vsync better then the NVC vsync?

I tried that with AC4 but didn't work why I was asking.

Yea and even this framerate sucks because I'll hit a real intensive spot and the vram will fill up and it'll start stuttering

i hope they will come out with a patch wich will feature textures that are more suited for 1080p and 1400p resolution, the current textures are meant to be ran at 4K resolution, kind of the ''insane'' texture pack in titanfall...this is the reason why this game eats up that much VRAM.

i hope they will come out with a patch wich will feature textures that are more suited for 1080p and 1400p resolution, the current textures are meant to be ran at 4K resolution, kind of the ''insane'' texture pack in titanfall...this is the reason why this game eats up that much VRAM.

Me too I'd love to actually be able to play it at full settings without this problem...I was gonna order a titan black instead of this 780ti but they had just been released and nowhere had any..I should have waited then I wouldn't have this problem

Me too I'd love to actually be able to play it at full settings without this problem...I was gonna order a titan black instead of this 780ti but they had just been released and nowhere had any..I should have waited then I wouldn't have this problem

yeah, but you still got 3gb it's not too bad...imagine those who just recently purchased GTX 770 2GB...how bad do you think they feel now.

yeah, but you still got 3gb it's not too bad...imagine those who just recently purchased GTX 770 2GB...how bad do you think they feel now.

For real I'm glad I'm not running my old 7870 still...I was thinking about keeping my 290x for my wife's gaming rig but I traded it for a 7970 and a bunch of other pc parts to my cousin...I'd have my 780ti in one pcie slot and my 290x in the other just for watchdogs lol

I'm glad I have a 4GB R9 290, hopefully the stuttering won't affect me at 1080p, with ultra textures.

Also is there a demo for this game, at least? With all this PR horror that will ensue over customers getting a game they physically can't play on their PC due to low performance, they'd better hope they have a demo coming so new customers can test it out.

I don't have the game yet and probably won't get it until it goes at least 25% off, but if I could test the performance then I'll see if I really want it, and maybe I'll post my results here too.

What engine does the game use? Just looked and apparently it's Disrupt, made especially for the game. Probably a bad decision for the dev team to make then, it seems...

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

I'm glad I have a 4GB R9 290, hopefully the stuttering won't affect me at 1080p, with ultra textures.

Also is there a demo for this game, at least? With all this PR horror that will ensue over customers getting a game they physically can't play on their PC due to low performance, they'd better hope they have a demo coming so new customers can test it out.

I don't have the game yet and probably won't get it until it goes at least 25% off, but if I could test the performance then I'll see if I really want it, and maybe I'll post my results here too.

What engine does the game use? Just looked and apparently it's Disrupt, made especially for the game. Probably a bad decision for the dev team to make then, it seems...

yes it's a brand new game engine that makes good use of multi-core CPU's and apparently use a lot of VRAM...it was designed that way due to the new consoles being 8 weak cores CPU's and 8GB of shared memory for CPU/GPU (so technicaly those consoles could use about 4 or 5GB of this pool as VRAM...)

There is no demo ATM, i don't know if they plan to release a timed demo or something but it would mean a full download size of the game...not very interesting. if you want to see how it runs on similar config as yours you can check on youtube videos..AMD graphics card are suffering in this game, they have a lot of VRAM so they run ultra quality textures wich is nice but an r9 290 output about the same framerates as a 770 4GB wich is not normal...AMD will probably release a new updated driver for this game...your config as it is with current driver would run in the 40's and 50's FPS on max settings at 1080P.

ive had a perfect experience with no stutters as soon as i dropped textures to medium. in the meanwhile i got everything else maxed pretty much apart from x2 msaa. no DoF and no motionblur. looks great and my SLI780s has no problem. gets upto 2800mb memory usage @ 2560x1600

the games shaders/ssao/shadows/reflections really make it look good enough you dont really notice the textures

ive had a perfect experience with no stutters as soon as i dropped textures to medium. in the meanwhile i got everything else maxed pretty much apart from x2 msaa. no DoF and no motionblur. looks great and my SLI780s has no problem. gets upto 2800mb memory usage @ 2560x1600

the games shaders/ssao/shadows/reflections really make it look good enough you dont really notice the textures

This kinda worked for me. Not 60FPS but no stutters so I am happy. (for now)

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

i get fps drops too whilst driving on ultra settings with my 780..

4770k | GTX 780 | 350D | 16GB RAM | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 750w PSU | Kraken x60 | Custom Sleeved Cables | ASUS PB287Q

Build Log 

But isn't that just ridiculous not being able to max out the game on $1000 card setup all because of lack of VRAM?

GG ubisoft and nvidia.

But isn't that just ridiculous not being able to max out the game on $1000 card setup all because of lack of VRAM?

GG ubisoft and nvidia.

hahaha that alone should be a good reason to change your avatar to something else...nvidia is crass...they have awesome GPU's and great drivers but they are overpriced and delibaretely shipped with not enough VRAM so we have to upgrade more often then we should. Same goes for intel, top of the line, but overpriced and won't ship with enough cores...the i5 should be the i7-4770 and the i7-4770 should be the i7-4960 and the 4960 should be a true 8 core chip.

So that works? Nice I'll be doing that then to enable vsync. Is the In game vsync better then the NVC vsync?

I tried that with AC4 but didn't work why I was asking.

Triple buffering improves performance with vsync enabled, it doesn't improve image quality or anything and the performance you gain is subject to the game and your system.