Your Personal Watch Dogs in-game Performance?

SrN95

I can't remember what game but the driving was awesome on PC because you could turn with your mouse. Although I can see how this would screw with Watch Dogs. Is there some way to get an FPS count in game? I don't notice a lot of a difference. 

I have a few issues with Watch Dogs, driving being the main issue (handling+mechanics utter trash) along with the sounds of most of the cars, they sound like cars from a N64 or PS1 driving game its that bad. Music is a much smaller issue but i have a hard time thinking of this as a AAA title when its filled with so much crap music. Those issues aside im absolutely loving the game, i spent most of my time exploring the map and unlocking each CtOS tower to begin with and now im slowly working on the main story line with a few side missions here and there. I'm taking special care to kill as few innocent civilians as possible to keep my reputation high, seems to be very helpful as people rarely call the police on me now that my rep is high. 

Coming from GTAV to this the best advice i could give someone so far as driving goes is to take your right thumb off the right stick!! In GTAV constantly adjusting your camera angle is  must but when you keep instinctively doing it in Watch Dogs it just makes driving ten times worse. I'm currently playing with PC and haven't had too much of this stuttering issue unless im coming from an unpopulated area hard and fast into a high density area in terms of car+pedestrian numbers. 

I can't remember what game but the driving was awesome on PC because you could turn with your mouse. Although I can see how this would screw with Watch Dogs. Is there some way to get an FPS count in game? I don't notice a lot of a difference. 

The original halo for PC you turned vehicles with the mouse

Arc Midi R2 | ASUS M5A97r2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | EVGA GTX 780 FTW Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8gb | Corsair RM650w Gold | H100i Cooler | 128gb Samsung SSD | 2tb Seagate Barracuda | 3tb Seagate External

Peripherals: 23" Samsung SyncMaster2333 | Acer 27" 1080p | Corsair Vengenance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Logitech G602 | Razer Megalodon Headset | Vespula Gaming Pad

Have you guys found any differences between running the game on a HDD vs SSD? Besides loading faster, are there any FPS improvements? This is really killing the game for me, in order to run it at 55-60 stable I had to lower everything down quite a bit. Medium textures, Temporal AA, everything is pretty much at medium-low. Running on: i5 2500, GTX 770 and 8GB of ram. 

An SSD will never affect FPS, it can reduce lag which is occurring when loading some part of a map. I should get another SSD within a week so I will try it out.

Meh, this is truly disappointing... I was expecting to run the game at medium-high with no problems at all, I'll just wait for the patches then.

Edit: would you say my CPU bottlenecks my performance btw? (i5 2500 with a GTX 770).

Averaging 80fps with all settings max, but no AA. No stuttering problems.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

no idea how many fps i get (there an ingame showfps thing or what?), but it runs fine on my HD6970, mostly medium settings.

It runs like ass on my rig, and the driving is horrible.

I didn't expect much but acquired the game to see what was up anyway, no dollars from me for this I'm bout to uninstall it. :(

Running on an i7-4820k / GTX 780 / 8 GB RAM.

Game runs fine at Ultra everything (Temporal MSAA) until I start driving. Then it stutters like crazy and basically makes it unplayable. It ONLY goes away when I turn textures to medium. Turning them to High alleviates some of the stuttering, but it's still there. I've also had the drivers crash on me more than once, which is insane because I have the latest NVIDIA drivers that were supposedly optimized for this game. It just goes to show how poorly optimized the game is. It looks awful with Medium textures. Probably just going to pray that they fix it through patches or I'll just not play it (got it for free with my graphics card, which doesn't make me feel better about this, but definitely not as bad as if I had bought it).

i am currently downloading the game. will post results when i can. 

for those who DON'T read threads properly... look at post #29 for a fix for the shuttering problem 

GTX 770 4GB and i5 4670k: High Settings @ 1080p, I've had no issues, it definitely hasn't been 60fps, but it's been consistent and the frames haven't been dropping all over the place

Not one crash, not one bug.

Completed it earlier, dunno bout anyone else but I thought it was pretty great!

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

I have 1 gtx 780ti and i was expecting a lot better frames on my system but im getting about 40-60 fps which is terrible. It always has fps drops during the driving which is annoying, and i OC'd my 780ti to hell and im not getting any amount of acceptable frames.

always above 30 FPS, which is good, using a High-medium setting with AA off

Also does anyone know how to reset the reputation? :P

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Ok, finally did some testing.

Intel C2D 2.33GHz

Win8.1

3GB RAM

GTX 760

~30FPS, frequent dips to ~20, due to the CPU not being able to keep up. Getting a C2Q Q8400 soon, which should handle it fine. Luckily, even RAM isn't an issue, as everything on low and everything on ultra yields the same framerate, so it's just the CPU. Take that, 6GB recommendation!

always above 30 FPS, which is good, using a High-medium setting with AA off

Also does anyone know how to reset the reputation? :P

If it's the online kind of reputation, then disabling online features resets it, and then just enable it again. As for single-player, you're out of luck, save for making a new game. Did you shoot too many people, and get a bunch of negative points? :)

EDIT- just knock out (take out) a bunch of criminals, and it should go up, slowly.

Haaaaaaaa. i7, 16gb of ram, on a 7970 which is basically a 280x, I've been getting fps drops in the teens on ultra. WD isn't too friendly with AMD atm.

Not just amd I have a 4770k with 16gb of memory and a 780ti and It constantly hangs up like I'm running out of vram even if I bump it down to low settings or from 1440 to 1080 it's so aggravating

Everyone using nVidia cards, you are on the latest drivers, right? In the last 24 hours they released WHQL337.28 which includes watch_dogs optimisations. Just open GeForce Experience and go to the drivers tab, then check for updates.

I was hanging like I was running out of vram on my 780ti no matter what settings I used so I updated my drivers and now it loads up windowed and freezes and crashes when I change it...

this game eats up VRAM like crazy...the medum textures (those that supposedly require 2GB according to the game) actualy require 3GB and the 3GB setting require 4GB at 1080p...this is the reason all of you guys with 2GB card will stutter on medium texture and the 3GB will stutter on the 3GB setting...you need a 4GB card to use max settings :(

i run FX overclocked with GTX 780 overclocked i play on maximum settings 2xTXAA and medium texture (2gb) and get 45 to 65 FPS...sometimes 80FPS...no stuttering at all the game is totaly running playable but the minute i put it on high texture (3gb) it stutter like crazy!

Im now updating graphics card drivers i hope it will help...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

this game eats up VRAM like crazy...the medum textures (those that supposedly require 2GB according to the game) actualy require 3GB and the 3GB setting require 4GB at 1080p...this is the reason all of you guys with 2GB card will stutter on medium texture and the 3GB will stutter on the 3GB setting...you need a 4GB card to use max settings :(

i run FX overclocked with GTX 780 overclocked i play on maximum settings 2xTXAA and medium texture (2gb) and get 45 to 65 FPS...sometimes 80FPS...no stuttering at all the game is totaly running playable but the minute i put it on high texture (3gb) it stutter like crazy!

Im now updating graphics card drivers i hope it will help...

It's high textures that require 2gb and ultra that requires 3gb. But yes the high 2gb is bull because I have 2gb gtx 660 and every time I put it on high textures with everything on low game stutters like crazy.

When I put the textures to medium and everything else on high the game runs smooth as butter. 50-60 fps

It's high textures that require 2gb and ultra that requires 3gb. But yes the high 2gb is bull because I have 2gb gtx 660 and every time I put it on high textures with everything on low game stutters like crazy.

When I put the textures to medium and everything else on high the game runs smooth as butter. 50-60 fps

right, high texture (2gb) is for 3gb graphics card and ultra require 3700mb...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Did more testing and have basically not come up with any solution to fixing the stuttering problem on my hardware except for lowering textures to Medium. This fixes the issue completely. What's funny is I can max everything else (including TXAA x4) and get a steady FPS with no noticeable dips. The game looks a whole lot worse, but the stuttering was unbearable. I will continue playing on this setting until they fix this problem through patches.

I have a GTX 780 with 3 GB VRAM. I should be able to play on High textures but I cannot play without stuttering. For everyone that is still experiencing stuttering with this card on this setting, try lowering it to Medium. It's the only thing that worked for me.

also to those asking, i do have the game installed on a very fast ssd and it wont help, loadings are fast though...but VRAM is your problem, reduce texture setting will fix it.