Your Personal Watch Dogs in-game Performance?

SrN95

This game is pretty different to other games I've played, if you have a lot of video memory the graphics will look amazing, if it's just at the bare minimum of 2GB don't expect anything beyond the consoles except with txaa and hbao+, it also sucks as this game poorly downscales textures... usually devs try and go for the minimum of 1080p but with this game they just left everything at 4K it seems and once you play the game at 4K it's night and day even if you had your settings at ultra @1080p.   

Yes the PC version is better but only when your playing at high resolutions.

Hopefully we'll see a high resolution texture mod that solves this problem without paying 2 grand just on gfx cards to play the damn thing at it's native resolutin!  And speaking of high res texture mods, gtaiv looks amazing with it!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

so here's my run down

Specs:

Intel i3 4150 3.5ghz

8gB DDR3 1600

EVGA nVidia 750 Ti 2GB

5c5ibdl2ge3ml2a7g.jpg

on those settings i get a good 35-55'ish fps

on Ultra i get 22-35 which for me isn't too bad

really though for this being a port... the low to ultra doesn't seem all too different IMO

You won't see a difference until you're at a high resolution when you change the settings, also with 2gb of vram I would probably play the game at high settings than ultra "Ultra minimum is 3GB and recommended is 6GB" 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

LOL have you guys seen the benchmarks for cpu and gpu on this game? the gtx 780 would render 78fps according to them on max settings...LOL say what?!?!????? i can hardly get 50 freakin frames per second on max settings!!! they obviously havent played the same game that ive played!!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

You won't see a difference until you're at a high resolution when you change the settings, also with 2gb of vram I would probably play the game at high settings than ultra "Ultra minimum is 3GB and recommended is 6GB" 

i'm running at 1080p...  <_<

If it's the online kind of reputation, then disabling online features resets it, and then just enable it again. As for single-player, you're out of luck, save for making a new game. Did you shoot too many people, and get a bunch of negative points? :)

EDIT- just knock out (take out) a bunch of criminals, and it should go up, slowly.

Finished that, and yea, I kind of went on a killing rampage on a train yesterday, due the the self moving glitch it had, it got me killed twice...  Oh and something cool for you guys to note, it is possible to out run the cops on a train, but you will have to disable the heli.

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I won't play this game until it runs better, was very sad to see my system can't run it without skipping/freezing while trying to just look around on high settings :(

I won't play this game until it runs better, was very sad to see my system can't run it without skipping/freezing while trying to just look around on high settings :(

Have you tried to turn off V-Sync, or maybe try it without AA?

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I havent got Watchdogs yet, but I'm expecting good performance.  I've got a 270x, i5 processor and 8GB of ram. 

Haaaaaaaa. i7, 16gb of ram, on a 7970 which is basically a 280x, I've been getting fps drops in the teens on ultra. WD isn't too friendly with AMD atm.

Huh? I get 50fps with the occasional 35fps drop on high 2xAA.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Absolutely horrible. My GPU gets 30FPS while driving, and even lower when it's crowded etc. Intense fights with explosions and gunfire makes the game lag. 

CoolerMaster Storm Scout 2 Black - Intel Core i5-4570 - CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 Evo - Sapphire Radeon HD7950 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - ASRock Fatal1ty H87 Performance - Seagate Baracuda 1TB HDD - Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB - Seasonic G-550 - BenQ GW2255 21.5" LED Monitor

2016 MacBook Pro 13" - Google Pixel

I get smooth fps on ultra with some lag while driving. I've seen people complaining about the driving mechanics a lot, but I actually like it

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

I also like the driving system, it feels nice - doesn't need to be realistic.

turn down texture settings

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Absolutely horrible. My GPU gets 30FPS while driving, and even lower when it's crowded etc. Intense fights with explosions and gunfire makes the game lag. 

turn down texture setting

turn down texture setting

Please use the multiuote feature rather than making 2 identical posts with different quotes. If you forget, you can always either click quote on the 2nd post and it will add it to your current post, or you can edit it and paste the BBCode from the quote that appears in the post box.

HTTP/2 203

Please use the multiuote feature rather than making 2 identical posts with different quotes. If you forget, you can always either click quote on the 2nd post and it will add it to your current post, or you can edit it and paste the BBCode from the quote that appears in the post box.

Alright, there should be a sticky in a watch dogs official thread somewhere on this forum that says : IF YOU EXPERIENCE STUTTERING IN THE GAME TURN DOWN THE TEXTURE SETTING THIS GAME REQUIRE 4GB OF VRAM FOR ULTRA TEXTURE AT 1080p and 3GB FOR HIGH TEXTURE!

the game state 2GB for high and 3GB for ultra but it's BS!

The game is not broken or anything it's just VERY demanding...people who bought 2GB cards are looking at medium texture or major stuttering, pick the one you prefer!

Alright, there should be a sticky in a watch dogs official thread somewhere on this forum that says : IF YOU EXPERIENCE STUTTERING IN THE GAME TURN DOWN THE TEXTURE SETTING THIS GAME REQUIRE 4GB OF VRAM FOR ULTRA TEXTURE AT 1080p and 3GB FOR HIGH TEXTURE!

The game is not broken or anything it's just VERY demanding...people who bought 2GB cards are looking at medium texture or major stuttering, pick the one you prefer!

Since when do shitty looking games require so much VRAM?? I play bf4 with ultra textures and it runs smooth and looks a lot better then this game. Playing on medium makes me feel like playing a N64 game. Luckily the gameplay is okay.

It's an nvidia supported game yet most 600-700 nvidia cards have 2gb of VRAM besides the 780s

And we have to play on medium because of the shitty stuttering. Pretty BS.

Just demanding... Are you kidding me?

The game is clearly broken and badly optimized. Even if you can run it a in ULTRA, the requirement for that is not justified at all because it still doesn't look that impressive. 

Since when do shitty looking games require so much VRAM?? I play bf4 with ultra textures and it runs smooth and looks a lot better then this game. Playing on medium makes me feel like playing a N64 game. Luckily the gameplay is okay.

It's an nvidia supported game yet most 600-700 nvidia cards have 2gb of VRAM besides the 780s

And we have to play on medium because of the shitty stuttering. Pretty BS.

yeah i know man it's terrible..those textures in the games are aimed to look good at 4K resolution...this is why they are soooo huge...kind off what we've seen with the last hyped game that was a bad game...remember titanfail?..but it was said a long ago that future games where to use much higher resolution textures and would require more VRAM, just look at this arcticle from April 2013, they knew all that already: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-future-proofing-your-pc-for-next-gen

Why PS4 makes your choice of graphics card crucial

''In terms of pure processing power, the chances are that we now have the horsepower to exceed the first and second generation games seen on next-gen console. But what still isn't addressed to a satisfying degree is the question of on-board video RAM. Both Microsoft and Sony machines use 8GB of RAM with fast access to the GPU. We're currently living in a world where even a £400 GeForce GTX 680 only ships with 2GB - and that's a worry.

"I think we can assume that most games will use a majority of the 8GB for graphics resources, so I'd go for as much GDDR5 on the GPU as possible," says Avalanche's Linus Blomberg. ''

AND YET Nvidia launched the GTX 770 with only 2GB of VRAM..they are assheads! ;o)

BTW you should take 5 minutes and read the whole arcticle they talk about CPU as well and other stuff it's very interesting!

@

yeah i know man it's terrible..those textures in the games are aimed to look good at 4K resolution...this is why they are soooo huge...kind off what we've seen with the last hyped game that was a bad game...remember titanfail?..but it was said a long ago that future games where to use much higher resolution textures and would require more VRAM, just look at this arcticle from April 2013, they knew all that already: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-future-proofing-your-pc-for-next-genWhy PS4 makes your choice of graphics card crucial''In terms of pure processing power, the chances are that we now have the horsepower to exceed the first and second generation games seen on next-gen console. But what still isn't addressed to a satisfying degree is the question of on-board video RAM. Both Microsoft and Sony machines use 8GB of RAM with fast access to the GPU. We're currently living in a world where even a £400 GeForce GTX 680 only ships with 2GB - and that's a worry."I think we can assume that most games will use a majority of the 8GB for graphics resources, so I'd go for as much GDDR5 on the GPU as possible," says Avalanche's Linus Blomberg. ''

AND YET Nvidia launched the GTX 770 with only 2GB of VRAM..they are assheads! ;o)

BTW you should take 5 minutes and read the whole arcticle they talk about CPU as well and other stuff it's very interesting!

This info is quite outdated, 680 costs about 200 pounds instead of 400.

@ This info is quite outdated, 680 costs about 200 pounds instead of 400.

I said THEY KNEW THIS ALREADY the arcticle is from APRIL 2013..read man :)

and yet they launched the GTX 770 with ONLY 2GB...this was my point!

Smooth 55-60 FPS with drops no lower than 50 FPS, System specs in signature.

F06IGqM.png

YmLGGZ7.png

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Smooth 55-60 FPS with drops no lower than 50 FPS, System specs in signature.

F06IGqM.png

YmLGGZ7.png

Do you have triple buffering enabled?

Do you have triple buffering enabled?

Via the NVC? yes I do.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299