Your Personal Watch Dogs in-game Performance?

SrN95

Triple buffering improves performance with vsync enabled, it doesn't improve image quality or anything and the performance you gain is subject to the game and your system.

Oh I know what it does. I just tried it earlier sometimes it works sometimes not :/. One game session I'd be at 50 fps with vsync & triple buffering on. It was working great. Then I'd take a break. Reopen it and it would just drop straight to 30 fps. Triple buffering & vsync still enable.

I did notice however if you use borderless windowed mode it stops the screen tearing even without vsync. And still plays smooth.

Oh I know what it does. I just tried it earlier sometimes it works sometimes not :/. One game session I'd be at 50 fps with vsync & triple buffering on. It was working great. Then I'd take a break. Reopen it and it would just drop straight to 30 fps. Triple buffering & vsync still enable.

I did notice however if you use borderless windowed mode it stops the screen tearing even without vsync. And still plays smooth.

I don't have that issue

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

ive had a perfect experience with no stutters as soon as i dropped textures to medium. in the meanwhile i got everything else maxed pretty much apart from x2 msaa. no DoF and no motionblur. looks great and my SLI780s has no problem. gets upto 2800mb memory usage @ 2560x1600

the games shaders/ssao/shadows/reflections really make it look good enough you dont really notice the textures

Yes, but with a pair of GTX780 in SLi, shouldn't you expect more out of your cards? Those with high end dual SLi/CF cards should NOT have to settle......that the game is terribly optimized is a given, but we should not have to 'settle' for lower setting.

BTW, if yours had been, say, a pair of AMD cards like the R9 280X or higher, most would come in and said crap like, "You should have gotten nVidia,......nVidia FTW!" <_<

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

But isn't that just ridiculous not being able to max out the game on $1000 card setup all because of lack of VRAM?

GG ubisoft and nvidia.

It's more a fault of the lack of optimization and not the lack of VRAM. I have a GTX 780 with 3 GB of VRAM and I have to put textures on Medium for it to run smoothly in all instances. That's just terrible coding. For the way this game looks, 3 GB of VRAM should be more than enough.

Just did a benchmark today and with my 8150 @ 4.4 GHz and my over clocked 780 I got an average of 85 fps and lows of only 52-53 fps. I an not running the ultra preset however, I'm running the nvidia optimized game settings at 1080p. Its mostly ultra settings though

Earlier today i ran into my first "problem" when playing the game. Windows prompted me saying i ran out of RAM memory and it was asking me to save & shut down the program(watchdogs.exe), which really surprised me since i've got 12GB of ram. I only had watchdogs opened and it was using like 8gb of ram. When looking at the task manager i saw only 10gb out of 12gb was being used so yea i dunno what to think of that :S.

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

50 to 70 fps 1080p@ultra settings with i7 4770K and GTX780. Slightly stuttering while driving, other than that it's ok. Waiting for patch.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Just got my copy of Watch Dogs, running off my setup.

I5-2400, Gigabyte R9-270X 4Gb

8Gb ram.

Running quite well on high, texture on ultra.

Gaming Rig: Intel i5-2400  |  Z68 Pro 3 Gen 3  |  8GB RAM  | Gigabyte R9-270X 4GB | Corsair Graphite 600T white edition | CMStorm Rapid I (blue Switch) | Razer Deathadder

Mobile Devices: Macbook Air 13" | iPad Mini (1st Gen) | iPhone 6 128GB | www.nic-koh.com

I have graphics set on high and Textures set on ultra. FPS at about 50 - 60 but i do get quite a bit of stuttering, new AMD driver helped a little. Hopefully the update incoming from Ubisoft will sort out the stuttering.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

I have graphics set on high and Textures set on ultra. FPS at about 50 - 60 but i do get quite a bit of stuttering, new AMD driver helped a little. Hopefully the update incoming from Ubisoft will sort out the stuttering.

stuttering is because you run out of VRAM on ultra settings with a 3GB card at 1080p...put texture on HIGH and the stuttering will be gone ;)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

stuttering is because you run out of VRAM on ultra settings with a 3GB card at 1080p...put texture on HIGH and the stuttering will be gone ;)

Ye, i did give that a try but i still get some stuttering. GPU-Z shows VRAM usage about about 85 - 90%.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

Ye, i did give that a try but i still get some stuttering. GPU-Z shows VRAM usage about about 85 - 90%.

Try the borderless screen mode, it helped me with the stuttering at ultra settings

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

But isn't that just ridiculous not being able to max out the game on $1000 card setup all because of lack of VRAM?

GG ubisoft and nvidia.

It's not Ubisofts fault that high res textures eat memory to lunch especially in open world games.

It's Nvidias fault for bottlenecking their GPUs with a low Vram amount.(AMD GPUs don't have that problem)

The moment they announced that the Ps4/XboxOne will have 8GB shared memory it was clear that games will get 3-4GB vram usage.

My GTX670 is also bottlenecked by 2GB and I run out of vram in several games in 1080p. (Typical Nvidia)

RTX2070OC 

It's not Ubisofts fault that high res textures eat memory to lunch especially in open world games.

It's Nvidias fault for bottlenecking their GPUs with a low Vram amount.(AMD GPUs don't have that problem)

The moment they announced that the Ps4/XboxOne will have 8GB shared memory it was clear that games will get 3-4GB vram usage.

My GTX670 is also bottlenecked by 2GB vram and I run out of vram. (Typical Nvidia)

Hence why i don't buy nVidia, purposely selling lower VRAM to make you upgrade more often. The currently performance issues with Watch_Dogs put Ubisoft and nVidia to shame.

Hence why i don't buy nVidia, purposely selling lower VRAM to make you upgrade more often. 

Exactly this.

That's why I always recommend the versions with more Vram so you don't run in those problems.

I was so stupid to not buy the 4GB version for $20 more and now I can't run Watchdogs with ultra textures :(

Also it's complete BS that you can't use all of the Vram with a small bus.

The K6000 has a 384bit bus and can use all of it's 12GB vram and the Ps4 has 256bt bus on its 8GB.

RTX2070OC 

Exactly this.

That's why I always recommend the versions with more Vram so you don't run in those problems.

I was so stupid to not buy the 4GB version for $20 more and now I can't run Watchdogs with ultra textures :(

Also it's complete BS that you can't use all of the Vram with a small bus.

The K6000 has a 384bit bus and can use all of it's 12GB vram and the Ps4 has 256bt bus on its 8GB.

correct, you could load 4GB of textures in a graphics card even with a 64bit bus...it would just take more time. But once stored in the VRAM the performance in game would be the same.

Nvidia indeed deliberately ship graphics card with not enough VRAM on them...GTX 680 and GTX 770 should be 3GB cards. GTX 780 and 780ti should be 4GB cards.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Doesn't run incrediblywell on my FX-6300 and R9-270X.

Still a pretty sweet game though.

I'm wondering what performance will be like once I have purchased a 4790K though.(assuming drivers and optimasations will be released along with the obviously better CPU.)

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

I'm wondering what performance will be like once I have purchased a 4790K though.(assuming drivers and optimasations will be released along with the obviously better CPU.)

I don't think you would see much improvements. Watch_Dogs is a very GPU intensive game. With an R9 270X it should run ok. Have you downloaded the latest AMD Beta graphics card drivers? The new patch coming soon from Ubisoft should help too.

the fx6300 is plenty enough to feed a 270x in every games.. you wont get a single more frame per second going with a 360$ cpu...you should upgrade your gpu to something stronger instead..

For everyone on older CPUs (or even newer ones I suppose), here's a temporary aide for stuttering.

1. Go to Task Manager

2. Right-click Watch_Dogs.exe in the list

3. Click 'show details'

4. Now right click the second Watch_Dogs.exe that pops up

5. Roll over 'priority'

6. Set to 'High'

**You can try 'Realtime', but I found this used up too many resources, and the sound became garbled.**

How this works:

It forces the CPU to put more effort into the Watch_Dogs application, therefore the stuttering from streaming data is reduced, either by a little or a lot, depending on your configuration.

Enjoy! Post your results, and hopefully this can help people enjoy the game better.

EDIT- as you may guess, you should close any apps you can, as it might slow your entire system to a crawl if you have a lot of extra stuff running, and the CPU isn't focusing on those programs. In fact, closing all other apps might speed up the game, even if you don't use this tweak. But you probably knew that :P

Try the borderless screen mode, it helped me with the stuttering at ultra settings

Yea fixed the stuttering on my 780ti

Thanks, although I'm not going to buy a 4790K just for Watch Dogs though.

I'm just wondering if I'm going to see great improvements, being that my friend is running an i7 2600 and a GTX 660,

and his performance is way better.

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

Lol my 570 runs it on high (autodetect) at about 50fps~ with Texture settings @ low in the Display menu.

Get like 30 odd when textures on med.

old school ftw

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530