Well, I hated half of my day at Fry's mostly because of my tight-budgeted dad.

terrytek

Well, the second half of my day sucked today. I had a great time at Great Mall. I got to buy what I wanted, a pair of Converse All-Stars and a couple Hollister clothes.. When I got to Fry's however, it was a different story. I showed my dad that I wanted to buy a K90 and an M95, but he said no. We have plenty of mice and KBs, he said. Even if I said that the KB is mechanical and it felt better, he still didn't buy it. I also wanted a GTX 750Ti, but he said that was even expensive and said that my GT610 was good enough for my PC. He also said why I would I do with my GT610. I said sell it on Ebay, but he doesn't want to deal with the hassle. I also said that I may also use it in case the new card craps. Still nothing. Then I tried asking him into buying me a Moto G. But he said what would I do with it in the summer? I would be going nowhere, and plus I don't want to pay for service. I fucking hated that part of my day. I f***ing hate how strict parents can be with money. Ima try to ask my dad if I can have 500 bucks to spend on my birthday on whatever I want.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Hate to break it to you, but when I wanted stuff my parents told me to get a job...

your mad because your dad wouldnt spend $600+ on you for no reason? i wish my parents would go out and spend that much on me even tho its not Christmas or my birthday.

That's only like 300ish.

Hate to break it to you, but when I wanted stuff my parents told me to get a job...

I can't. I'm only 13.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I agree with your dad. My parents don't buy me anything but clothes and food. If I want a pc or a kb or mouse or something like that I need to pay for it. It teaches you the value of money and how to be responsible with it. 

That's only like 300ish.

I can't. I'm only 13.

well in Australia its $600+ but still thats alot for no reason.

Man, you'll only get one mother and one father.  They may be strict but you still gotta appreciate them and love them, if you want a GTX 750ti, you need to sell some stuff. 500 bucks is really steep and your parents provide everything for you.  

Instead of asking your dad for everything do what I do and ask your parents to make an ebay account and use it to sell your own things for your own money so you can get what you want.  Beileve me, when your parents buy you something expensive.  They use it as a way to say how bad you are for EVERYTHING.

I have never met parents that will buy their kid whatever they want on demand. If I asked for some shoes maybe, they might buy it. If I then asked for a keyboard and mouse, 750Ti and a new phone, they would definitely say no? Plus most parents would see no difference between a $2 cable mouse and a RAT9. So i understand why he says your keyboard and mouse is fine.

Yo whats up.

That's only like 300ish.

I can't. I'm only 13.

Where I live you can get a job at 13.

12 year-olds are permitted employment involving:

• Occupations listed above.
  • Sale and delivery of periodicals.
  • Door-to-door selling and delivery of merchandise.
  • Baby-sitting.
  • Gardening and care of lawns, including the operation of power-driven lawn equipment if such type of equipment is approved by the division or if the minor has received training conducted or approved by the division in the operation of the equipment.
  • Cleaning of walks, including the operation of power-driven snow-removal equipment.
  • Agricultural work, except for any such work considered hazardous under federal laws such as the Fair Labor Standards Act.
  • Any occupation similar to those enumerated above and not specifically prohibited.

How I got my stuff was saving up for it and finding way to get money. I don't regret how my parents taught me how to use money.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Lucky i got a PS2 at your age let a lone a frigging whole computer and parts.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

That's only like 300ish.

I can't. I'm only 13.

yes you can, just go round volentarily fixing computers and doing jobs, and you'll get paid out of kindness.  And sell some of your own stuff on ebay.  I hate to be a d***, but its kind of spoilt saying your day was ruined because your father didn't spend $500.  (no offense, Its just my opinion :( )

How I got my stuff was saving up for it and finding way to get money. I don't regret how my parents taught me how to use money.

My family is poor, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.  I never use my moms money, I'm selling stuff I no longer use and using every penny for my system.  The only problem is you can only sell a certain amount of things, but I'm turning 15 soon, so I can get a job and earn money. 

Well, the second half of my day sucked today. I had a great time at Great Mall. I got to buy what I wanted, a pair of Converse All-Stars and a couple Hollister clothes.. When I got to Fry's however, it was a different story. I showed my dad that I wanted to buy a K90 and an M95, but he said no. We have plenty of mice and KBs, he said. Even if I said that the KB is mechanical and it felt better, he still didn't buy it. I also wanted a GTX 750Ti, but he said that was even expensive and said that my GT610 was good enough for my PC. He also said why I would I do with my GT610. I said sell it on Ebay, but he doesn't want to deal with the hassle. I also said that I may also use it in case the new card craps. Still nothing. Then I tried asking him into buying me a Moto G. But he said what would I do with it in the summer? I would be going nowhere, and plus I don't want to pay for service. I fucking hated that part of my day. I f***ing hate how strict parents can be with money. Ima try to ask my dad if I can have 500 bucks to spend on my birthday on whatever I want.

sounds like problems of the first world variety. Sorry to hear about your GT610.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

FYI 13 y/o OP, those of us with multiple thousand dollar PC builds didn't do it overnight and it sure as shit wasn't given to us. Take your time, build part by part. You're 13, just work on trading/selling/bartering whatever you can to move towards your goal. 

You need to separate your needs from your wants.

A lot of things in life is earned not given out.

Be thankful because you're parents are probably paying for your college / university when you go in a few years. I can tell you this, $500 - $600+ per course is not cheap. 4 or 5 courses per term. That's about  close to $10,000 a year. And you'll be in there for 4 - 5 years. $50,000+.

You see all the nice computer specs a lot the people here on the forums have. $2,000...$5,000+ systems. We had to save up for years, or actually go and WORK to get the money.

And this isn't work like "mow the lawn" or  "wash the car."

$160 for a GTX 750Ti.

$150 for a K90.

$60 for a M95.

Even if you get paid $20/hour...that still ~19 hours of work.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

That's only like 300ish.

I can't. I'm only 13.

Your kidding right? Your parents aren't in any way obligated to buy you what you want.... 

Your 13 for gods sake. I didn't have a cell phone at that age and the computer I had was a $300 laptop.... 

7zqmCxY.gif

EDIT: until you get a job you won't understand how hard it is to make money and how ridiculously easy it is to spend it. $600 is no small sum of cash. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Seeing things like this makes me sick because its just flat out pathetic. Like everyone else has pointed out your 13 your not going to get what you want all the time especially when its hundreds of dollars, The pc i had when i was your age was a total piece of crap, it was just enough to play diablo 2 and thats it. Now 7 years later the pc in my sig still took me 6 MONTHS to build. "only" $300 is a large amount of money and can pay multiple bills for a month or feed your for a month or more. Your parents have priorities that have to be paid before you get whatever it is you want and even then you wont get it very often, My rents bought me almost nothing as i was growing up unless i had worked for it and earned it through chores, mowing lawns shovelling sidwalks etc until i could afford it.

Jaw has been dropped and I fully agree wit the two above me I started working at 15 and built my first rig after a summers pay at mcdonalds. Any PC or cell phone I had prior was a hand me down from my parents, usually my father. The computer(s) were actually descent though quite a few gens old.

My dad died in 2011, bro. I wish I could argue with him about things he deemed a waste of cash. Like another poster mentioned, you only get so much time with this man. Make every bit of that time count.

Hopefully OP gets the point now.... 

Far too many people look at what they don't have and complain about that instead of looking at what they have and being thankful for having it....

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Collect cans. Mow lawns. Collect spare change. Do other kids homework for a charge( let them copy discretely ).

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |