Well, I hated half of my day at Fry's mostly because of my tight-budgeted dad.

terrytek

when i was 13 my parents made me cut grass to buy what i wanted i would extort my neighbors out of like $40 by not finishing the job until they paid more ah the old days also you probably dont know your families financial situation just because you know how you live and what they buy you probably dont know how much they budget and how much your bills are just find a way to make money its hard to make enough money but its not hard to make money. its summer cut grass, clean houses, babysit, and get work 

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

#firstworldproblems

Get a job

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

That's only like 300ish.

"Only" ?

<Old fart mode>

In my day all we got was a Satsuma and a silver thripenny and....

</old fart mode>

Seriously you need to get a grip on yourself. 

Ask yourself are your parent's fears justified? Are they rich? What makes you feel entitled to this amount of spending?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

When I buy tech, I am told to buy it myself. There's nothing strict in that. In fact, your father is trying to knock some common sense into your head. Although he obviously does not know anything about how bad the 610 is, he's not strict at all. You have absolutely nothing to complain about :)

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

You know what's going to suck more?

Passing by an electronics store and wanting something like a keyboard for 100-120 bucks.

But having to stop yourself because you need to buy food,Pay your bills etc. etc

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Passing by an electronics store and wanting something like a keyboard for 100-120 bucks.

But having to stop yourself because you need to buy food,Pay your bills etc. etc

The day responsibility hit's is the day you become a man, after that you have to learn from your own mistakes.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Jeez people now are so entitled and spoiled. He is trying to teach you a lesson you can't have everything you want. I work for everything I own and later in life when you mature you will understand that this is like half a months pay for someone who makes a decent bit of money. Also be thankful you have a pc in the first place.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

How I grew up even when I couldn't count money was that if I wanted something I had to get it myself.

So far I've built my own computer, paid for basically everything I own, computer parts, computer, desk, monitor, school, tuition, laptop, everything!

You are very like, in fact spoiled. If you want something go and earn it!

Only thing my parent's really pay for me (in luxuries of course) is when I can use there car and gas.

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

OP complains that his dad won't spoil him and drop $600 for no good reason; has avatar of smoking weed.

Seriously, when I was 12 I worked part time on weekends reffing soccer, working snack bars, washing cars, and saved up enough to buy my own laptop for $1300 at 13 with no help from my parents outside of them driving me. Granted, that was several years ago, but laws haven't changed. I have no pity for you. Work hard, save, and earn it yourself.

OP complains that his dad won't spoil him and drop $600 for no good reason; has avatar of smoking weed.

Seriously, when I was 12 I worked part time on weekends reffing soccer, working snack bars, washing cars, and saved up enough to buy my own laptop for $1300 at 13 with no help from my parents outside of them driving me. Granted, that was several years ago, but laws haven't changed. I have no pity for you. Work hard, save, and earn it yourself.

Has he even actually smoked weed before? Has he seen it? Felt it? Smelt it in real life?

Or is he one of those kids who just thinks smoking weed is cool?

That is the question.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Has he even actually smoked weed before? Has he seen it? Felt it? Smelt it in real life?

Or is he one of those kids who just thinks smoking weed is cool?

That is the question.

By the sounds of it no.

I actually can't believe how spoilt op is being. My last exam is today then it's back to work. I would love to see his face when he realises the reality of the working world

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

That's only like 300ish.

I can't. I'm only 13.

Prostitution is profitable.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

I know that feel..........

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

When I was your age, I think I thought the same way about money as you are now. In my country, €600 is almost half of a regular monthly income.

You'll find out soon how much effort it takes to earn what seems such a small amount of money :D .

Not sure if this is a troll post or not?

I'm happy if I can afford a 6 pack of beers for Friday night, let alone $300 worth of technology.

Lucky i got a PS2 at your age let a lone a frigging whole computer and parts.

GTA III release day I got a PS2, I was too young to know much about sex but that day my whole body was a giant erection. :D

Mum and dad were split up, mum wanted me to think she was cool, bought me the PS2 and I tell you this it fucking worked!

Wow, this really is a first world problem. I just turned 13 right now and my parents were only capable of having a small gathering and I'm still content. When I was 11 I worked under my aunt as an extra tutor. I was handling the little kids. Even though my pay was not regular, I was still able to earn enough money to buy a few things I wanted (not much tech though, I wasn't into that so much back then) Up until now, I'm still running an Acer Aspire One netbook that doesn't even have a battery, and I'm hoping to get a part-time job somewhere to help me save up some money for a new rig and to help my family in even the slightest bit. I think that even if I'm really young, I can agree with the others saying that it feels way more different when you earn your own money rather than having your parents give it to you. Cheers man.

Dude, I didn't even get a Gameboy...

I remember my first gameboy. I actually traded my bike for it with another kid and it was one of the bricks, black. Scored a carry bag, gameboy and several games. The loss of the bike wasn't a big deal, I was getting a new bike that month anyway since it was my birthday. Win-win. :P

I say I was around 9-10 at the time.

Same here ;-; I don't have any consoles nor handhelds, and my only source of entertainment was the cousin of the legendary Nokia 3310, the 3510. Played mostly Space Impact on that bad boy xD Sadly it's lost and phones will never be the same way for me 

Not sure if this is a troll post or not?

I kind of hope it is.  I hate to think there are people who really feel like this

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

I kind of hope it is.  I hate to think there are people who really feel like this

True, even though I already shared something from my past like an idiot (if it really was a troll post) But either way we learn something new :3

Yeah, I think I'd agree with the Dad.

If I asked my parents for some clothes? Then sure they'd help me out and buy them for me. That is something I will usually need.

If it was some tech or games though? They'd expect me to buy that. If it was near a birthday or something, they've put a bunch towards it, but I'd always help out buying it if it was something expensive.

When I was 13, I had a paper round, thats how I got stuff.

All the stuff I did outside school was just football or chatting with mates, so I put a £100 away every 2 months or so.

Could afford most things that I wanted, and never took that long to get it.

Also, I'm kinda glad that is how It was done. Dad always said that it made me respect money and where the items I used came from, and its true.

When you've spent like every morning through rain at like 6am, to buy some item, you treat it so much better.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4