Well, I hated half of my day at Fry's mostly because of my tight-budgeted dad.

terrytek

Yeah, I think I'd agree with the Dad.

If I asked my parents for some clothes? Then sure they'd help me out and buy them for me. That is something I will usually need.

If it was some tech or games though? They'd expect me to buy that. If it was near a birthday or something, they've put a bunch towards it, but I'd always help out buying it if it was something expensive.

When I was 13, I had a paper round, thats how I got stuff.

All the stuff I did outside school was just football or chatting with mates, so I put a £100 away every 2 months or so.

Could afford most things that I wanted, and never took that long to get it.

Also, I'm kinda glad that is how It was done. Dad always said that it made me respect money and where the items I used came from, and its true.

When you've spent like every morning through rain at like 6am, to buy some item, you treat it so much better.

I remember this one time when I lost a USB my father bought me (at that time that was a need for me in school) I panicked and didn't want him to get a new one since the money used to buy the previous USB was supposed to be used for something else. Fortunately enough, during the same time period I was able to receive a little money from my aunt and was able to buy a new USB then. I had nearly none of the money left after that time, and I was hoping to save for another thing too. That was when I realized that money shouldn't be thrown away and I should be more careful with my belongings

I'm 15 (legal age of getting a job) My mum buys me everything ._. I love her dearly though (When my father left me and her at the age of 3 it was just me and her for 7 years till she remarried, so we got pretty close) I can get whatever I want with the exception of getting good grades though (to be honest not really hard though). She bought me my current computer ($1700+) and now that I'm planning another PC she is willing to buy it for me too ($2000). Not sure what to feel ._.

PS: All you guys are saying "When I was your age" I feel old at the age of 15, I want to go back to primary school :c and thank my teachers for what they did, I feel terrible leaving without thanking them and loving school. But now I cherish it so much I love it so much the memories in it are awesome. (Yeah I'm deep like that)

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

Well fuck my parents won't give me a dime over the 300kr(55usd remember that everything is more expensive in Denmark) i get for allowance.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Dude, I didn't even get a Gameboy...

I got one back then and, while not being terribly expensive, it was the first console, digital tech, etc. I got. That was during 2nd grade. My parents taught me to take good care of thing like that. This has always stuck to me and I continue to do so. I also value things. My parents do not buy things for me just like that, except when it makes sense for some good reason. Like my dad though it was justified to buy a Retina MacBook Pro for me recently. I told him to get the base model as I did not need a $2000+ laptop for school... He bought the maxed out model...Still having difficulties justifying that to myself even though I didn't have to pay anything for it myself... But my dad knows that I will take good care of it and it will still be running in 5 years so that investment would suddenly not be that huge any more.

BTW: I love the laptop and please don't hate on it, I need a MacBook for school, otherwise I would not have gotten one in the first place.

Anyways, here it is, my GameBoy Advance, over 11 years old by now and still working great.

post-78536-0-60531300-1401107896_thumb.j

post-78536-0-60531300-1401107896_thumb.j

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

i get stuff worht of 50 bucks every year, and thats on my birthday, if you want more money, get a job, go deliver newspapers or something like that

money is expensive, and parents dont have infinite

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

i get stuff worht of 50 bucks every year, and thats on my birthday, if you want more money, get a job, go deliver newspapers or something like that

money is expensive, and parents dont have infinite

"Money is expensive" my mind literally exploded .__.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

I got one back then and, while not being terribly expensive, it was the first console, digital tech, etc. I got. That was during 2nd grade. My parents taught me to take good care of thing like that. This has always stuck to me and I continue to do so. I also value things. My parents do not buy things for me just like that, except when it makes sense for some good reason. Like my dad though it was justified to buy a Retina MacBook Pro for me recently. I told him to get the base model as I did not need a $2000+ laptop for school... He bought the maxed out model...Still having difficulties justifying that to myself even though I didn't have to pay anything for it myself... But my dad knows that I will take good care of it and it will still be running in 5 years so that investment would suddenly not be that huge any more.

BTW: I love the laptop and please don't hate on it, I need a MacBook for school, otherwise I would not have gotten one in the first place.

Anyways, here it is, my GameBoy Advance, over 11 years old by now and still working great.

attachicon.gifPhoto 28-04-2014 20 22 52.jpg

OMG GAMEBOY ADVANCE <3 <3 <3 I still play Pokemon Fire Red on my red SP -__-

p.s. Don't be ashamed, Macbooks are the best laptops money can buy (obviously if gaming isn't your intention).

Well, now I really feel bad about myself after what comments come out. I really, really, really, really, really need a good part time job. And I require work permits. damnit.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

You sound super spoiled. When I was 13 I had to buy all my own shit.

You sound super spoiled. When I was 13 I had to buy all my own shit.

Wow, not going that far, when I was 13 I wasn't even allowed to work.

Just saying that you can ask things from your father from time to time, as long as they are within reason, 10 dollar LEGO set? NP

You see where I am going?

OMG GAMEBOY ADVANCE <3 <3 <3 I still play Pokemon Fire Red on my red SP -__-

p.s. Don't be ashamed, Macbooks are the best laptops money can buy (obviously if gaming isn't your intention).

Yeah as I said I generally like macs very much. This laptop's primary use is not gaming. I game less than an hour a day so I wouldn't require a gaming laptop either. And I can play AC 4 Black Flag with pretty high setting at 720p (which is very much good enough on a 13 inch display). Iris GPU is a low TDP beast LOL :P

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Wow, this really is a first world problem. I just turned 13 right now and my parents were only capable of having a small gathering and I'm still content. When I was 11 I worked under my aunt as an extra tutor. I was handling the little kids. Even though my pay was not regular, I was still able to earn enough money to buy a few things I wanted (not much tech though, I wasn't into that so much back then) Up until now, I'm still running an Acer Aspire One netbook that doesn't even have a battery, and I'm hoping to get a part-time job somewhere to help me save up some money for a new rig and to help my family in even the slightest bit. I think that even if I'm really young, I can agree with the others saying that it feels way more different when you earn your own money rather than having your parents give it to you. Cheers man.

Respect... work hard and repay your family with your success. Never give up on your goals. 

I'm 15 (legal age of getting a job) My mum buys me everything ._. I love her dearly though (When my father left me and her at the age of 3 it was just me and her for 7 years till she remarried, so we got pretty close) I can get whatever I want with the exception of getting good grades though (to be honest not really hard though). She bought me my current computer ($1700+) and now that I'm planning another PC she is willing to buy it for me too ($2000). Not sure what to feel ._.

PS: All you guys are saying "When I was your age" I feel old at the age of 15, I want to go back to primary school :c and thank my teachers for what they did, I feel terrible leaving without thanking them and loving school. But now I cherish it so much I love it so much the memories in it are awesome. (Yeah I'm deep like that)

The best thing you can do is to remind your supportive family members you love em :P

Work hard and repay them with kindness and future success. My parents didn't have such funds for me to buy tech with at that age haha. I still consider myself fortunate, now I have the ability to buy whatever I want but before I buy ANYTHING expensive that I want I always make dam sure the monthly bills are covered and anything my parents need are payed for asap. One of my goals is to buy them a better house as soon as I have the funds. 

You can always go back to those schools to thank your teachers. I plan on doing so myself but one of the teachers that made the biggest impact on me has retired already. :(

Well, now I really feel bad about myself after what comments come out. I really, really, really, really, really need a good part time job. And I require work permits. damnit.

Life is a learning process, keep a open mind and keep moving forward. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

so your dad treats you to a load of new clothes and converse and holister isnt cheap and then cry because they wont buy you more im really hoping this is a joke post because people like you need to just disappear

Gaming rig: CPU: I5-2500K GPU: EVGA 660TI 3GB SC+ RAM: Corsair 8GB Vengence 1600MHz SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo Keyboard: Razer Black Widow ultimate Mouse: Logitech MX Master Monitor: 2x Acer 21.5 inch

Laptop Dell 7559: CPU: i7-6700HQ GPU: GTX 960M 4GB RAM: 8GB 1600MHz

If you want the stuff that bad just tell him you'll pay your way through college.

I was spoiled growing up. So much so that when I finally went to college money issues hit me real hard because I wasn't prepared or use to it. But I learned quickly and balanced rent, utilities, groceries and paying double for an at home girlfirend who at the time couldn't find a job. (2008 market crash if any of you young people remember this) Now that I've graduated and have a career job I still save as much as I can and don't splurge often on tech & toys. OP will find out soon enough either the easy or hard way.

CPU: 3570K @ 4.3Ghz MOBO: ASUS P8z77-v Deluxe RAM: 2-4GB Gskill GPU: EVGA 670 FTW SSD: Vertex 4 256 Case: CM HAF 932

Personally I don't have it that bad, with my birthday I get around 10x my age+$$100-200, and for Christmas I get around $50-$100. However, I get no allowance, and if I want to buy anything other than clothes from target, I have to pay for it. There are a few exceptions though, one was my Xbox (that I don't use), my dad woes with cameras, so he bought a few, and got an extra, so me and my siblings got that. Another was my laptop, I was going to get a dell venue & with a keyboard case and mouse, but my dad said if I paid the amount I was going to pay, he would pay the rest to get me a laptop (so I would be more productive)

When I was 13 I was working on my father's and grandfather's farms making money and saving up so I could buy a what I wanted. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I can't. I'm only 13.

Oh yes you can...

I had a job when I was 12 detassiling and rouging corn and bean fields, and during the school year I would babysit or help family members/neighbors with yard work or something, all of of which are legal to do at 13... and MANY more things.

Hell, I don't even buy my 4 year old son toys unless he spends a few days cleaning up the yard or helping me work on the house (he still gets presents for holidays obviously). Its not that the help is needed, or in my case with a 5 year old, actually helpful, its teaching him that he doesn't get things given to him for free, he has to earn it.

... You complain about your parents not buying you a lot of stuff. No. I bought my whole PC in my profile by my self.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I'm 14 and the PC I'm currently building was from my own pocket, a price point of about $1500 including peripherals and my parents didn't give me a damn cent. You know what I did 2 years ago when I wanted Grado SR225i's (Headphones, for those who may not know)? I saved up. I babysat and mowed lawns and did whatever I could. You don't see me throwing a tantrum on a website mostly populated by people 15-30 years older than myself. I study, I keep my grades up (straight A's in every subject over the past five years) and when I want something I work for it. You know what I got for my birthday? Shoes. And not $150 Air Jordans either, $30 boots. If I'm getting something, I want it to be me who worked for it. I'm going to go to university and become something sensible like a lawyer. I'm working towards that. Nobody else. I come from a poor family who can't afford to drop $350 on something at Christmas or on my Birthday, let alone randomly. You are lucky you currently have that GT 610, and you're lucky you got those clothes. Act like it.

I disagree,

If you kill me you're better, If I kill you I'm better.

Sorry to be harsh, but you sound very spoiled and selfish. Maybe your parents would rather spend the money on stuff you actually need? What if they are struggling? Mortgage and bills to pay? I am sorry but getting frustrated and mad at your parents because they wouldn't spend $600+ on stuff you don't absolutely need seems a little ridiculous to me. How about get a job to pay for the stuff you want? Your 13? Cool, you can have a paper route, baby sit, mow lawns, walk dogs etc. Anyways that's just my opinion....

Sorry kid, but your parents won't buy everything you want. Your gonna have to work for it. Everything in life is earned, not given to you. Hate your parents now, but you will appriciate them in the future. Try finding a small job right now and start saving up. When I was 13, I walked the dogs, picked up their dropping, washed and vacuumed the cars, broomed, cleaned up my room, and I never asked for a dime. They always gave me a couple bucks when they could. It would take MONTHS to buy a $30 game.

And you don't need a K95...

your parents did the right thing. They have no obligation to buy you anything you want whenever you want. Get a job and then you might start understanding the value of money.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz