Gamers Nexus alleges LMG has insufficient ethics and integrity

osgalaxy
Message added by TVwazhere,

Please remember that the Community Standards apply to all threads including this one:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner
  • "Don't be a dick" —Wil Wheaton
  • "Be excellent to each other" —Bill and Ted
  • Remember your audience; both present and future

I honestly don't see the problem with the apology video. I myself am relieved that they are still able to be themselves, even after everything that happened the past few days. I went to the subreddit after the video dropped (yes, I should have known better) and people are still criticizing basically everything about the video. Who cares about the monetization? As if they wouldn't be fine without the revenue of this video. Especially since they won't be releasing anything for the entire week. As if GN is somehow morally superior for not enabling monetization, but plastering his merch all over the video.

Yvonne was on the brink of crying the entire time she was on screen. I doubt you'll get a more "real" response than that. But that's normal after seeing your husband being personally attacked for 48 hours straight. I honestly liked the lttstore bit, it didn't take anything away from the actual message of the video. They had every department head explain every step they'll be taking to make things better. I honestly don't know what people expect more at this point.

I for one am glad that this wasn't a Linus goodbye video. Cause for some time, I did feared that at one point he would say "Guys, I'm going to retire completely from anything LMG related in best interest of the company.". And I am glad that this wasn't the case.

Very curious if there will be a WAN show, since they were on a pretty good streak. And Colton lives to be fired another day!

My apologies for any spelling / grammar mistakes. English isn't my native language.

6 minutes ago, surrey_nerd said:

No one remember that LMG took a shot in an trollish way them and hardware unboxed first. 

One person who made an off the cuff comment also does not speak for everyone there.

3 minutes ago, TylerD321 said:

The apology video mentions that there will be a forum post where you can list any ideas to improve transparency. Has this been done yet? I don't see one.

Interested in this as well - I'd guess that they haven't gotten there yet.

6 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

Believe it or not I really did read every word you wrote.   You are right that none of this makes toxicity ok. 

However, lets all ask ourselves this question.  If Linus was someone we liked less how would we act?  If a channel with no clout, few followers, and no brand power did the exact same things what would be the outcome?  

If someone lent me a Nvidia A6000 ADA generation to run some Black hole simulations on and I either kept it or auctioned it off for charity I think the IL state troopers would be knocking on my door with a warrant.  For example.  It is a fact of life that known and popular people and entities get more trust than ordinary people. 

The flip side of that trust is that when it is broken there are HUGE consequences, that may take some time to play out.  He should consider his legal protection. 

lets stop after "none of this makes toxicity ok" and stop justifying why it happened

7 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

it was really more me trying to give some examples of "reviewers" (both dont really do strictly reviews) that actually try to be objective,  and will absolutely call out if they think something is bad/trash/not worth it (in techmoans case even sponsored reviews,  he has zero qualms to literally say not to buy it if he thinks something is not worth it)

you have to realize,  "reviewer" is more like a marketer,  they are by default not objective,  because thats not how they're business works. someone like techmoan , or vwestlife, etc, do this purely out of enthusiasm for the medium,  and its both,  more entertaining to watch and more informative too, because they will absolutely call out any faults they'll find!

(in techmoans case it's funny because hes a *huge* SONY fanboy, but still the only sponsored Sony review he ever did he straight up said not to buy these headphones,  and you could see how actually disappointed he was about the whole situation) 

as for mentour pilot,  i recommend watching,  one if not *the* youtuber with the highest production values and not at last most entertaining/ informative (even if you aren't into planes tbh)

I get that, I fully intent to check them out later tonight. 

I get that "reviewing" is business and they have a financial interest in being more positive than honest. The issue that i think many people take with LMG...is all the many, many times that Linus has made a point of trying to show how "we don't work like that, our responsibility is to the community, you can trust us" 

You don't get to have it both ways. Ethically, the appearance of impropriety, is no different than impropriety, and that's compounded by making questionable choices that re-enforce the appearance of impropriety....doubling down and responding emotionally and dismissively....leaves little room for the benefit of the doubt. 

I just watched the apology video, and while there's a lot of good stuff in there, Linus was still trying to explain,  justify and mitigate the actions of his company in the Billet situation. 

How it started, is a long way from where it is. The game has changed, he needs to reconcile that with how he reacts.

46 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

At what point did Steve say to go to his merch store? He is using the same set he uses in every video.

If people still think GN made the video for drama and views after all of this then I'm not sure what to say, nothing is going to change your defense of Linus because you think of him as your friend.

Again he's using the same set he always does in videos, he didn't monetize while LMG did monetize their video and plugged for the LTT Store. His video wasn't about it doing well at all.

GN should have monetized their video. They have employees to pay and a business to run. As does LTT, who won’t see a week of YouTube revenue. GN didn’t monetize because of optics and for some people in the community might put GN on a morale high ground. 

GN clearly has a vendetta against LTT. This is their 2nd take-down in just a matter of months. GN can state truths about how LTT is running their business and it can also be personal, both of those things can be true at the same time. 

The backpack take-down was especially petty. GN had their own issues with their mod-matt, had to fix it, then came up with a warranty after the fact. Then to leverage a take-down on LTT as they were working through their own issue with the caribeaner on their backpack is petty. GN could have easily said, “here’s how we handled our mod-matt mess-up.”  

In this case, GN only just published how they internally handle video errors. Then to immediately turn around and criticize LTT is petty. Accurate, but petty. All of these YouTubers have the same problems, GN fixes their’s, just to turn around to blast LTT and no one else (other YouTubers). 

Steve screamed personal relationships don’t matter here, yet has various other personal relationships across YouTube, Hardware Unboxed, Wendell, Jay, Buildzoid, Derbauer. The other Steve from HUB said they talk weekly. The relationship with Linus just meant nothing clearly. Something happened in the past to put Linus in Steve’s crosshairs is my guess. 

3 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

One person who made an off the cuff comment also does not speak for everyone there.

IMO it should have still been addressed, off the cuff or not that was very unprofessional to have been said by someone at LMG.

I believe this toxicity may have been the result of a bandwagon. People think it's okay to dump on LTT and cancel them.

Create a thread solely focused on what they did wrong. Create wild speculation about what actually happened, without anyone here besides LTT or Billet Labs saying otherwise making a lick of difference. Billet has released commentary stating they are satisfied with the conclusion, yet people are still saying it is a shit outcome. What more do you want from them?

They've acknowledged their mistakes after a salty take. Yet people are still jumping on this bandwagon because they view themselves as justified, or because it's `funny` to kick someone while they're down.

I don't believe anyone deserves 246 pages of flame (except maybe a few politicians.)

They've stated they're stopping production to fix this. Let them fix it.

Linus at the end of the day is human.

10 hours ago, Im_a_Rhinoceros said:

Assuming the graph from WAN in 2020 is still accurate, and being conservative and assuming no growth since 2020 (which obv isn’t true), LTT is making about $70mm in revenue/year. 

I obv haven’t seen the books but forecasting that out over 10 years (assuming perpetuity), anticipating a 10% annualized growth in earnings (based on past growth) and marketability discount of between 20 and 25 percent, LTT is worth about $600mm.

9A9392CB-C3B2-4C32-954C-F8DEA2D13E45.png

2F262A58-DFD9-4928-98A6-5EFE5E8AE3C5.jpeg

I'm not seeing revenue in that graph.  Just % breakdown by revenue stream.  Quick search shows some people arriving at different estimates.  Where's the $70mm coming from?

7 minutes ago, EchoBravo498 said:

Wow! First off wrong! Steve didn't create a toxic mob. Linus did when he went a little off the rails in his response - he was angry, we all do stuff we aren't proud of when angry.

The community has come to rely on LMG to be honest - this has shown that they have not behaved that way. I would say that Steve did his best to call out a channel that was getting too crazy. All in all - this is a good thing. Sure people are angry, but this is the wake up call LMG needed. Just look at the "Employee answers" video - they were all begging for a slow down in pace. Maybe this will bring that to them.

Nah. Steve saying BS like 'we don't reach out'. Absolutely a lie, when his Newegg and etc. expose's were being made, he was fully in touch with a contact there. He knew if he contacted LMG about information, he'd hear something that could "twist the narrative" as he put it. That is basically him saying 'if we hear another side of a story we cannot be as needling to the subject'. Steve's standards he claimed were imperative to his process, years ago when he started doing these deep-dives, included a line of communication, he's said it himself. He's straight-up doing a dance, like other people have in this thread, talking about how he's not required to make contact. It's not about legality, it's about him walking away from his own standards, it's not like he couldn't get someone from LMG on the phone, video call, email, or whatever, he just didn't want to get more information from the source.

I gladly unsubbed form Gamer's Nexus, he's complaining about LMGs standards when he won't even adhere to his own, self-imposed ones. He's a hypocrite.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

2 minutes ago, surrey_nerd said:

Sure it does. That’s how it works when you represent a company. Has that employee been disciplined? Has Linus or new CEO apologized for that remark? 

Stop fanboying. 

It isn't fanboying.

Internal disciplinary actions are just that internal and not made public.

And yes, he addressed it back on a wan show.

14 minutes ago, surrey_nerd said:

What does Linus boots taste like?

No one remember that LMG took a shot in an trollish way them and hardware unboxed first. 

blaming Steve for anything 😂😂

What video did you watch where this happened?

The video I saw was just comparing their vision in comparison to others and the vision they aspire to reach.

3 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

Nah. Steve saying BS like 'we don't reach out'. Absolutely a lie, when his Newegg and etc. expose's were being made, he was fully in touch with a contact there. He knew if he contacted LMG about information, he'd hear something that could "twist the narrative" as he put it. That is basically him saying 'if we hear another side of a story we cannot be as needling to the subject'. Steve's standards he claimed were imperative to his process, years ago when he started doing these deep-dives, included a line of communication, he's said it himself. He's straight-up doing a dance, like other people have in this thread, talking about how he's not required to make contact. It's not about legality, it's about him walking away from his own standards, it's not like he couldn't get someone from LMG on the phone, video call, email, or whatever, he just didn't want to get more information from the source.

I gladly unsubbed form Gamer's Nexus, he's complaining about LMGs standards when he won't even adhere to his own, self-imposed ones. He's a hypocrite.

very well said!

27 minutes ago, andreimj said:

This needs to stop!

What the community did for the past two days was attrocious and Steve should take accountability for the toxicity of the mob community that he engaged. Empty assumptions, threats, what ifs. What happened deformed the reality and people quickly forgot to be kind to each other. In recent times, the world of online content creation has significantly evolved, giving rise to numerous influencers who hold substantial power to shape public opinion. Steve from GamersNexus and LinusTechTips are two prominent figures in the tech and gaming community. While discussions, debates, and critiques are integral to a healthy online ecosystem, there are instances when the line between constructive criticism and toxicity becomes blurred. 

Content creators hold a considerable influence over their audiences. They have the ability to shape perceptions, introduce new ideas, and drive conversations within their communities. The dynamics of this influence are complex, as creators are responsible for maintaining an ethical balance between sharing their opinions and encouraging healthy discussions. However, this influence can sometimes result in unintended consequences, such as the toxic behavior within our communities.

LinusTechTips has faced backlash on several occasions due to controversies related to their content, product reviews, or business practices. These instances have sparked heated discussions within the community, with opinions ranging from constructive criticism to outright rage. While healthy debates are essential for any community's growth, the concern arises when discussions devolve into personal attacks, harassment, or bullying.

Steve Burke, the host of GamersNexus, is known for his in-depth analysis and critical evaluation of tech products. His content often investigates technical aspects and presents a thorough evaluation of tech, naturally growing a dedicated following fan base. However, there have been instances where Steve's criticisms have been interpreted and overly harsh or abrasive towards some members of the community.

While Steve's critiques may be rooted in his passion for accurate analysis, they should not support toxic behavior among his followers. If his criticisms lead to his audience engaging in harassment or bullying towards LinusTechTips and its supporters, then he should be held accountable for contributing to the toxicity within the community.

Content creators have a significant ethical responsibility towards their audience and the communities they lead. While creators have the right to express their opinions, they must be mindful of the potential consequences of their words. Encouraging respectful discourse and discouraging toxic behavior should be a priority for any content creator, regardless of their personal opinions.

The controversy surrounding the LinusTechTips fracas and Steve's involvement highlights the potential impact of influential figures on the community's behavior. While Steve's critiques may have been intended as constructive criticism, the line between critical analysis and engaging toxicity is a fine one, as the past two days showed. As such, Steve should recognize his ethical responsibility in promoting a healthy online environment and be prepared to be held accountable for any unintended negative consequences that their actions might bring out within their communities.

What started as a criticism of content quickly escalated into personal attacks against individuals. The tech community more often than not showed amazing resilience and cerebral takes on various topics, but this incident showcased how disagreements can quickly digress into attacks on character rather than focusing on the issues at hand. While criticism can be constructive, the response to Steve's callout often disregarded nuanced discussions. Instead, it fueled a wave of toxicity, overshadowing the potential for meaningful debates on the controversy. The tech community is not immune to herd mentality, where individuals adopt opinions en masse without critical evaluation. Steve's callout, rather than encouraging thoughtful reflection, led to a rapid alignment of opinions without a thorough understanding of the situation. Steve's callout on LinusTechTips' controversy acted as a catalyst, sparking an effervescent wave of opinions that quickly escalated into a display of tribalism. The tech community sadly showcased a troubling tendency to polarize when confronted with different perspectives. The callout exacerbated this trend forgeting its main focus, with followers rallying behind Steve and vehemently opposing facts or lack thereof context. The resulting tribalism stifled rational debate and replaced it with an 'us versus them' mentality, undermining the very essence of a thriving community.

In conclusion, both Linus and Steve, like any content creators, made mistakes in their response to this backlash. By prioritizing open communication, respectful engagement, and a willingness to learn from criticism, they can help create a healthier and more constructive online environment for their followers.

Be kind to yourself and others!

Completely ignoring the fact that ultra simps immediately started attacking Steve and everyone who was mad lol. 

This post goes 1:1 right back to you and LMG. 

1 minute ago, NullValid said:

What video did you watch where this happened?

The video I saw was just comparing their vision in comparison to others and the vision they aspire to reach.

The lab video that’s quoted in Steve’s first video and the one hardware unboxed commented on. 

I like LTT a lot and I just researched about this drama some hours ago. I'Il just say one thing because all of the other stuff were said before (maybe even this) also I think that miscommunication also exists in the GN video, I don't think that two (not even one) sponsor jokes + 1 LTT store joke are fine in a serious apology video. Gives wrong impressions.

7 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

Perhaps need more context around this particular statement from Steve. I actually am glad he didn't reach out. In this case he has personal relationships with folks at LMG that would undoubtedly affect his feelings on the situation. Also almost all of the stuff he commented on was public domain.

EDIT: also what info would Steve get that would have been helpful/useful for his story?

1 minute ago, Karon said:

Completely ignoring the fact that ultra simps immediately started attacking Steve and everyone who was mad lol. 

This post goes 1:1 right back to you and LMG. 

So you're saying that calling out the toxicity that infected this forum goes back to me. Outstanding logic

Just now, surrey_nerd said:

The lab video that’s quoted in Steve’s first video and the one hardware unboxed commented on. 

Yes, this is the video I was referring to, so glad I didn't miss anything. Maybe I just see the world differently but I never took that clip as an attack on either, just their aspirational view. 

12 minutes ago, andreimj said:

lets stop after "none of this makes toxicity ok" and stop justifying why it happened

Interesting the manner in which you respond to being told that valid criticism exist, and that most of what I've seen here is valid.  People trust LTT for advice on one of the most important things they buy in this modern world.  People earn money with their computer, entertain, communicate, etc etc.  Reacting to that loss of trust can be toxic but it all wasn't.  

I love LTT's content as much as anyone.  Perhaps I am just trained to be really fair to those I like and don't like.   (Such is why I can't get on the bandwagons that make one popular online.  That's neither here nor there.)

9 minutes ago, Allen Copeland said:

I believe this toxicity may have been the result of a bandwagon. People think it's okay to dump on LTT and cancel them.

This is definitely true but the solution isn't to create an alternate bandwagon that is all about LTT did nothing wrong.  They did.  They said so (mostly).  Criticism does not need to be toxic or an attack.  That's the problem.   There are dimensions of emotional maturity Linus would have that I would not, for example.  He's managed to be married.  I can't stand the idea of being unconscious next to anyone for 8 hours.    On the other hand I have been trained to criticize and grade people based on their work whether I like them or not, and learned how to take the valid criticism from within otherwise immature and invalid criticism.  For example "I can't stand to listen to someone talk math/science in science/math class for 2 hours, her explanations could be more broken down".   One is invalid and immature, the other might have something I can act on.  Often people in the same demo that watch LTT will do that.  Very bad at separating their emotional response to a set of facts from the set of facts. 

He needs to work on taking criticism.  If it's all just dismissed as toxicity then nothing will change.  

16 minutes ago, andreimj said:

This needs to stop!

What the community did for the past two days was attrocious and Steve should take accountability for the toxicity of the mob community that he engaged. Empty assumptions, threats, what ifs. What happened deformed the reality and people quickly forgot to be kind to each other. In recent times, the world of online content creation has significantly evolved, giving rise to numerous influencers who hold substantial power to shape public opinion. Steve from GamersNexus and LinusTechTips are two prominent figures in the tech and gaming community. While discussions, debates, and critiques are integral to a healthy online ecosystem, there are instances when the line between constructive criticism and toxicity becomes blurred. 

Content creators hold a considerable influence over their audiences. They have the ability to shape perceptions, introduce new ideas, and drive conversations within their communities. The dynamics of this influence are complex, as creators are responsible for maintaining an ethical balance between sharing their opinions and encouraging healthy discussions. However, this influence can sometimes result in unintended consequences, such as the toxic behavior within our communities.

LinusTechTips has faced backlash on several occasions due to controversies related to their content, product reviews, or business practices. These instances have sparked heated discussions within the community, with opinions ranging from constructive criticism to outright rage. While healthy debates are essential for any community's growth, the concern arises when discussions devolve into personal attacks, harassment, or bullying.

Steve Burke, the host of GamersNexus, is known for his in-depth analysis and critical evaluation of tech products. His content often investigates technical aspects and presents a thorough evaluation of tech, naturally growing a dedicated following fan base. However, there have been instances where Steve's criticisms have been interpreted and overly harsh or abrasive towards some members of the community.

While Steve's critiques may be rooted in his passion for accurate analysis, they should not support toxic behavior among his followers. If his criticisms lead to his audience engaging in harassment or bullying towards LinusTechTips and its supporters, then he should be held accountable for contributing to the toxicity within the community.

Content creators have a significant ethical responsibility towards their audience and the communities they lead. While creators have the right to express their opinions, they must be mindful of the potential consequences of their words. Encouraging respectful discourse and discouraging toxic behavior should be a priority for any content creator, regardless of their personal opinions.

The controversy surrounding the LinusTechTips fracas and Steve's involvement highlights the potential impact of influential figures on the community's behavior. While Steve's critiques may have been intended as constructive criticism, the line between critical analysis and engaging toxicity is a fine one, as the past two days showed. As such, Steve should recognize his ethical responsibility in promoting a healthy online environment and be prepared to be held accountable for any unintended negative consequences that their actions might bring out within their communities.

What started as a criticism of content quickly escalated into personal attacks against individuals. The tech community more often than not showed amazing resilience and cerebral takes on various topics, but this incident showcased how disagreements can quickly digress into attacks on character rather than focusing on the issues at hand. While criticism can be constructive, the response to Steve's callout often disregarded nuanced discussions. Instead, it fueled a wave of toxicity, overshadowing the potential for meaningful debates on the controversy. The tech community is not immune to herd mentality, where individuals adopt opinions en masse without critical evaluation. Steve's callout, rather than encouraging thoughtful reflection, led to a rapid alignment of opinions without a thorough understanding of the situation. Steve's callout on LinusTechTips' controversy acted as a catalyst, sparking an effervescent wave of opinions that quickly escalated into a display of tribalism. The tech community sadly showcased a troubling tendency to polarize when confronted with different perspectives. The callout exacerbated this trend forgeting its main focus, with followers rallying behind Steve and vehemently opposing facts or lack thereof context. The resulting tribalism stifled rational debate and replaced it with an 'us versus them' mentality, undermining the very essence of a thriving community.

In conclusion, both Linus and Steve, like any content creators, made mistakes in their response to this backlash. By prioritizing open communication, respectful engagement, and a willingness to learn from criticism, they can help create a healthier and more constructive online environment for their followers.

Be kind to yourself and others!

There's a thing in psychology known as Parasocial Relationships. It's where one person extends interest, energy and emotion to another person (generally public facing personas) who is unaware and unreciprocating of that interest, energy and emotion. This phenomenon is what fuels the growth of Youtube channels and social media. Yet it's often entirely misunderstood by the public facing personas themselves. The weight of this on the public persona when made aware of it on a personal level can be devastating. It's led to unfair weight and pressure that can and has led to the suicides of public personas. 

Leaving aside your thoughts on Steve, the problem is that for any public-facing persona, the person behind them needs to go through a learning process where they effectively detatch and professionalise the public-facing aspects of their work. In short, whether he knew it or not, the dynamics created in pursuit of the career Linus chose, have led to the pressue and dogpiling. When there are fifteen million people all who bring the interest, energy, and emotion to bare...well that's naturally going to overwhelm anyone, even a team with hundreds of members.

Now I'm not forgiving anything on any side at all. But the harsh fact is that this isn't all on Steve. In fact, the 'our community have a say in what we do' is further feeding the parasocial dynamic between LMG and it's viewership. The best way to obliterate the parasocial dynamic is to switch to an older-fashioned broadcast model of detatchment between the veiwership and the creators. In short, the 'us vs them' is something that LMG fostered themselves through deepening and nurturing the parasocial dynamics. That's not to say they've brought it all on themselves, but what I'm saying is that the psychology of controversies like this are way more complex than I think you understand them to be. To conclude then...this may not be a problem that can be fixed. This may not be as simple as 'let's all clam down and be grown up about this'. LMG doesn't have a community, it has a viewship. It's close in size and scope to broadcast TV than it is to a small content creator. That has to factor into this discussion and commentators ought to be aware that, they are viewers, not community members. To believe otherwise is to be part of a massively unhealthy swathe of people who don't understand the dynamics at play. If a broadcast TV channel for example were to make these levels of error...the complaints would (and actually do) continue. LMG is far closer in size and scope to broadcast TV channel than a creator like Jay from Jayztwocents for example. That is why the complaints will keep coming. That is why the controversy keeps getting stoked. 

My view would actually be to sever the idea of community. Call us what we are - viewers. Don't foster the community attitude. It isn't helpful and isn't healthy.

I used to work as a tech and consultant, now I've become an odd person who plays dress-up and calls themselves a theatre maker.

My Rig: Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450 Pro4 | Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB 3200Mhz | Asus TUF GeForce 1660 Super OC | Corsair Carbide 175r | XPG Core Reactor 750W
Keyboard Corsair K55 | Mouse Corsair Harpoon | Sound AKG 52 Headphones,

4 minutes ago, NullValid said:

Yes, this is the video I was referring to, so glad I didn't miss anything. Maybe I just see the world differently but I never took that clip as an attack on either, just their aspirational view. 

If some shitty benchmarking YouTuber with questionable morals takes shots at you when you’re videos have been full of lies and misinformation for over a year when you do verified work with receipts of course you are going to clap back. 

I feel like it was a good response video for now considering that they put it out so soon. I think the jokes weren't that hard, them leaking the price was an issue and it reiterates that they have problems to fix and I am looking past the monetization, it's a company. I felt like the lack of Linus and most of the upper management showing up actually helped and you can definitely see Yvonne being emotional.

I hope they respond to Madison in a fair way, the whole Madison thing is messed up but if they are disagreeing then I hope they do it in the right way.

I also saw that the child who created the Mindchop youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnpJRtq8E6s committed suicide due to Linus/NCIX getting their fans to harass him, disliking him and making hateful comments, sometimes after the mother of the kid committed suicide too due to losing the son, this was posted on Reddit and I see the user is marked as deleted so I don't know if the father is still alive. The father alleges Linus is responsible for the death which is pretty nuts if someone can verify it. His last video actually shows a big dislike ratio too. This is worse than the Madison allegations in my opinion and I don't know why this was never addressed. Even though Linus isn't directly responsible I feel like at least an apology is in order if this is verified.

Edit - I see that he was fair in the Wan show and was asking people to not harass him, I think the community is to blame here but it would have been better if LTT had never released the channel name at all to prevent doxing the first place.