BOINC Pentathlon 2023

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

So here are the winners of the LTTStore discount vouchers, these need to be entered during checkout: 

@Hyuumaru @QuantumSnow @texus @etv24 @OhBoy @blab blob @Lightwreather JfromN @Your_Stalker @UnauthorisedNoodle @miker07

The winners of the Stream giftcards are:

@Storm_007 @chaozbandit @Bruntosaurus

The Winner of the drawing from @Ithanul is:

@Cory74

To claim your prize you need to DM me here on the forum before 00:00 BST, May 30th, 2023, with a screengrab of your BOINCStats statistics showing you have points in the correct projects 

I think my CPU tasks will all JUST complete during the event...so hopefully they're verifications and we get points for them.  My short list of GPU tasks should also complete just in time, though they're chunking through every hour and a half or so.  Not too shabby for a 10+ year old laptop GPU.

43 minutes ago, AvengerDragon said:

I never got my Synology or freeNAS/TrueNAS 2 servers running. But, I have 3 laptops chugging away (ok, 1 is pretty slow)

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 1.20.46 PM.jpg

Image 5-18-23 at 1.25 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 1.31.13 PM no key.jpg

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 1.31.30 PM.jpg

Thanks for your efforts! But unfortunately the PrimeGrid event ended on the 13th - https://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pentathlon/start.php

Currently we're running the final two events, Yoyo@home and Einstein@home. Both of which end in about 5.5 hours. Any chance you can switch over from PrimeGrid to Einstein?

Einstein is best on GPU. Its recommended to only run "Gamma-ray pulsar binary search #1" they run pretty quick. Don't forget to join the team on Einstein if you haven't already.

8 minutes ago, Egon3 said:

Getting spicy on the Cross Country!

image.thumb.png.73a9c4cdb6825d52d5207ea8e3afcea1.png

image.thumb.png.af26bf7884eb0f2cd569b4096aeb13b4.png

Unless we get a good drop, it's not looking good. They picked up their production the last few hours. 🤞

What I really need is for my WU twins to do their gamma-rays. I have about 230 waiting for validation...

CPU Intel i7-7700 | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 | Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming | RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 3.6GHz 32GB | GPU EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra Gaming |

Case Fractal Design Define R5 | Storage Samsung 980 PRO 500GB, Samsung 970 EVO+ "v2" 2TB | PSU Corsair RM850x 2021 | Display ASUS VP247QG + Samsung SyncMaster T220 | OS Garuda Linux

15 minutes ago, CWP said:

What I really need is for my WU twins to do their gamma-rays. I have about 230 waiting for validation...

Think I found your twins. Not sure we can catch them now.

image.thumb.png.ab61f9ed507a49c9cacbbb4fac50e64c.png

2 minutes ago, Idiot_icLoser55 said:

Think I found your twins. Not sure we can catch them now.

image.thumb.png.ab61f9ed507a49c9cacbbb4fac50e64c.png

Oof...

CPU Intel i7-7700 | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 | Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming | RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 3.6GHz 32GB | GPU EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra Gaming |

Case Fractal Design Define R5 | Storage Samsung 980 PRO 500GB, Samsung 970 EVO+ "v2" 2TB | PSU Corsair RM850x 2021 | Display ASUS VP247QG + Samsung SyncMaster T220 | OS Garuda Linux

11 minutes ago, justpoet said:

On the plus side, WE MADE THEM DO IT FOR SCIENCE! (you monster)  

I think once all the points settle from this event, I'll be roughly at the million points for my first real LTT BOINC badge. 🙂 

Portal2 GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

1 minute ago, Captainmarino said:

RIP

image.png.57410935badde1554e67cb259d16dabc.png

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Bidoof it, extending my VM auto shutdown to midnight UTC

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

11 minutes ago, Lightwreather JfromN said:

Bidoof it, extending my VM auto shutdown to midnight UTC

My systems will be firing on all cylinders till the las second 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Reminder if folks have forgot to do it.  If you want a chance at any of the prizes for this event:

Ensure to sign on forum to be entered for any prize draws for this event

https://forms.gle/M9XKNewc4GuJNMpW8

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Hey guys, go check your PCs for pending to upload tasks. Mine had 130 tasks finished but not uploaded that I had to manually hit update for!

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

11 minutes ago, TylerD321 said:

Hey guys, go check your PCs for pending to upload tasks. Mine had 130 tasks finished but not uploaded that I had to manually hit update for!

Having similar issues with the Einstein servers myself.  In addition to the bug where it will only request 1 second of work, I've now been getting "daily quota exceeded" responses from the server asking the computer to delay for 12 to 24 hours.  This caused all backlog of work to finish and then just sit there idle instead of asking the server for work or even reporting completed tasks.

51 minutes ago, Justaphf said:

Having similar issues with the Einstein servers myself.  In addition to the bug where it will only request 1 second of work, I've now been getting "daily quota exceeded" responses from the server asking the computer to delay for 12 to 24 hours.  This caused all backlog of work to finish and then just sit there idle instead of asking the server for work or even reporting completed tasks.

If no tasks are running. Reset the project on the host. That'll temporarily fix the issue.

If it's currently a problem, before you reset it, can you send me a link to your host? I want to check something on it first if that's okay.

14 minutes ago, SkillzTA said:

If no tasks are running. Reset the project on the host. That'll temporarily fix the issue.

If it's currently a problem, before you reset it, can you send me a link to your host? I want to check something on it first if that's okay.

The 1 second issue is still a problem for the same two hosts it happened to before.  Resetting didn't fix yesterday, but detaching and re-attaching did temporarily.  I have not attempted to fix today other than manually hitting update on the one that got the 24-hour delay request (one of them got a 12-hour delay request yesterday before I detached, not sure if the same one).  I'll see if I can find the two quota exceeded messages to get you the exact text/time they happened from the manager event logs.

https://einsteinathome.org/host/13140395

https://einsteinathome.org/host/13140397

1 hour ago, Ithanul said:

Reminder if folks have forgot to do it.  If you want a chance at any of the prizes for this event:

Ensure to sign on forum to be entered for any prize draws for this event

https://forms.gle/M9XKNewc4GuJNMpW8

Oh I realised that I changed my forum username after I filled in the form! I've put it in again and my BOINC username is the same as my forum name now. I hope that doesn't make things incredibly confusing.

3 minutes ago, Justaphf said:

The 1 second issue is still a problem for the same two hosts it happened to before.  Resetting didn't fix yesterday, but detaching and re-attaching did temporarily.  I have not attempted to fix today other than manually hitting update on the one that got the 24-hour delay request (one of them got a 12-hour delay request yesterday before I detached, not sure if the same one).  I'll see if I can find the two quota exceeded messages to get you the exact text/time they happened from the manager event logs.

https://einsteinathome.org/host/13140395

https://einsteinathome.org/host/13140397

I am thinking this is a bug with the 7.16.6 client. After I cool down from this year's Pent and reorganize my fleet of computers I am going to put this to the test by trying different client versions until one doesn't experience the issue.

I need to get all my computers moved from the different locations they all to near my balcony door so I can open the doors and expel the heat out quicker. Two straight weeks of 90F+ temps inside is exhausting to say the least.