BOINC Pentathlon 2023

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

So here are the winners of the LTTStore discount vouchers, these need to be entered during checkout: 

@Hyuumaru @QuantumSnow @texus @etv24 @OhBoy @blab blob @Lightwreather JfromN @Your_Stalker @UnauthorisedNoodle @miker07

The winners of the Stream giftcards are:

@Storm_007 @chaozbandit @Bruntosaurus

The Winner of the drawing from @Ithanul is:

@Cory74

To claim your prize you need to DM me here on the forum before 00:00 BST, May 30th, 2023, with a screengrab of your BOINCStats statistics showing you have points in the correct projects 

2 hours ago, Idiot_icLoser55 said:

If you go to the Einstein webpage and the computing preferences you can select which device architecture is being used. In this case you want Nvidia checked and Intel GPU unchecked.

I think that you could do them both... If you wanted.

Not much of a Gamer….. But I have thing about F@H that may be a little over the top.   See my builds here

11 minutes ago, Mxyzptlk said:

Note for next years BOINC Event, add more RAM to my folding machines. 16gb isn't enough for BOINC, heck 32gb wasn't enough sometimes too!

Next year? BOINC has events year around. 😉

13 minutes ago, Mxyzptlk said:

Note for next years BOINC Event, add more RAM to my folding machines. 16gb isn't enough for BOINC, heck 32gb wasn't enough sometimes too!

Same, my 32GB is not enough for 32 threads 

The updated foldatron, 44 threads with 128GB ram is much better 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

https://www.primegrid.com/challenge/challenge.php

There's another one also, but I'm not allowed to post about it.

SETI.Germany used to host the world community gird birthday challenge at the end of November every year, but with its new owners it's been on pause the last year or two.

Just now, leadeater said:

TAAT vs P3D in Yoyo is starting to get SUPER interesting 🙂

Watching two lines trying to meet, riveting lol

Breathtaking, really.

5 minutes ago, SkillzTA said:

scotty-startrek.gif

Rookie Numbers GIFs | Tenor

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

29 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Damn if those are rookie numbers then ours are...... 🥲

We are barely alive at this point 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I think P3D is gonna get us on this one. But dang, just look at all the work we've processed on yoyo in the last 13 days. That's gotta be...

ace-ventura-kind.gif

5 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Same, my 32GB is not enough for 32 threads 

The updated foldatron, 44 threads with 128GB ram is much better 

My 32gb hasn't been enough for 12 threads for ECM P2

10 minutes ago, ColinJ451 said:

My 32gb hasn't been enough for 12 threads for ECM P2

That's because P2 can use like 8GB of RAM. You'd need to run like 3 tasks.

With the 100% bonus over for yoyo, and us closing the gap nicely with Einstein...I think everybody should switch everything to Einstein, as neither of the 2 behind us in YoYo have ever done a day with the amount of points difference, unless you include the bonus.  We have a shot at moving up in Einstein still, even if it isn't a super high probability.  So, let's go for it!

27 minutes ago, justpoet said:

With the 100% bonus over for yoyo, and us closing the gap nicely with Einstein...I think everybody should switch everything to Einstein, as neither of the 2 behind us in YoYo have ever done a day with the amount of points difference, unless you include the bonus.  We have a shot at moving up in Einstein still, even if it isn't a super high probability.  So, let's go for it!

Not much point, I tried CPU tasks and they take more than 20 hours so unless it's a GPU (which can't do Yoyo) there isn't anything to move.

19 minutes ago, justpoet said:

While what you say is true, obtaining one rank up in Einstein does not gain us anything. The only way we can mathematically lose 3rd overall is if we get overtaken in yoyo by SG. Taking resources away from yoyo, even with as slim of a possibility of losing a place there, is not worth the risk IMHO.