Linus Tech Tips, Tech Quickie, Tech Linked channels hacked

betav17
Message added by Spotty,

The Linus Tech Tips, TechLinked, and TechQuickie Youtube channels have been restored.

A video explaining what happened is now up:

Why in the absolute f#ck am i seeing that choad and worlds worst person Musk in my subs?

Talk about epic fails

1 minute ago, pcislocked said:

so basically i am that "unless youre archivist" part.

That makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why you suggest everyone to do the same.

Just now, Emiko said:

Too late mate the channel was terminated..

e can take the videos from floatplane and put them on youtube 

3 minutes ago, Y22222 said:

@ tesla-ltt

LinusTeslaTesla.png

The suprising thing is that I didn't bother changing the colour of the Tesla logo. LTT is definitly orange, and Tesla is definitly red, but put them side-by-side and you don't see much of a difference

Edited by Y22222
fixed typo

This will be a great video. The time LTT was HACKED

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Techlinked lost subs already. They went from 1.83M to 1.82M.
Same with TechQuickie, went from 4.22M to 4.21M.
While the main LTT channel is just gone. Poof.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, RodgerDodg3r said:

There is any official statement from ltt crew? 

Honestly, their attention should be, and is, focused on preserving their data and going through all their servers and PCs to make sure nothing is on them, and to deal with YouTube. Once the attack is over and they are sure they have no malware, and their accounts are locked down should a statement come out

Just now, owwnoooo said:

the newer channels haven't been affected by this, Mac address and short circuit seem normal......

it's mostly the main ones

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

3 minutes ago, Daash said:

It's like 3-4am in Canada I think lmao

It is as I write this 5:25 am in the PST (Pacific Standard time). Yeah Corridor Digital was hit last year and quite a few other channels I follow with a decent following have been hacked within the last year as well

Technology is both a gift and a curse. do not let the old ways die as you never know when they may be the only way to perform a taks.

Most likely either socially engineered. With a large staff, that happens all the time even if they put in place tons of safeguards. Otherwise... insider threat...?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

1 minute ago, Kitsunelaine said:

All I could think of looking at this image

argaerg.png

ah, great memers think alike

2 minutes ago, infuriated fish said:

Mac Address gone too?

lets be honest

nobody cared about mac anyways

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

1 minute ago, Continuum said:

That makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why you suggest everyone to do the same.

uh youre right, it does not lol

Linus already facepalming to tell us he knows 

https://twitter.com/linusgsebastian/status/1638879321992622080?s=20

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Just now, Y22222 said:

ah, great memers think alike

HI-FIVE

(You get points for having better resources)

Just now, Mani240v said:

image.png.9f41ce03bcb151453e5d443a7bd799d8.png

he ifnally woke up huh

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

2 minutes ago, stylemessiah said:

Why in the absolute f#ck am i seeing that choad and worlds worst person Musk in my subs?

Talk about epic fails

Linus sold after all

Just now, Blqckqut said:

lets be honest

nobody cared about mac anyways

I am a Mac user and I am offended.  *cries in M2 Pro Mac Mini*

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro