Linus Tech Tips, Tech Quickie, Tech Linked channels hacked

betav17
Message added by Spotty,

The Linus Tech Tips, TechLinked, and TechQuickie Youtube channels have been restored.

A video explaining what happened is now up:

Just now, Marcii said:

what was the name ? i might have seen it too

I don't remember, and it was from the main LTT channel. Which is now terminated.

The hackers seem to have access to all ltt channels. Here I was thinking it was limited to the main channel. Linus gonna have a heart attack when he wakes up lol. 

I have reported the scam sites with cloud flare and others!

I have been filing reports with every sing company I can get my hands on cloud flare has a banner saying they are reviewing it for phishing because I reported it. I created my account just now as I thought people should know this!

WHY would the upload sensitive info to yt?
be rational if it was THAT sensitive wouldnt they just store it on an hdd?

why would they also store it

Marci

1 minute ago, Blqckqut said:

what if the channel doesnt get recovered because of youtube being... well youtube...

that is a possibility but with youtube losing one of their biggest channels on the platform, it will hurt their revenue coming from ads from LTT so they have to reinstate it or they are screwed on both sides of the spectrum

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

Just now, camjocotem said:

Are the forums safe?

yes

Dual X5690 my beloved.

Just now, camjocotem said:

Are the forums safe?

Forums are buckling because everyone is flooding to them to figure out WTF is going on. This is normal activity in terms of the site utterly failing to handle demand. Think of it like blizzard servers on D4 launch day.

Now TechQuickie and TechLinked have been hacked too. Don't know if ShortCircuit will be hacked too... or rather when...

2 minutes ago, Halfblood11 said:

is there anything we can do to support LTT in the mean time?

ive subbed to all the channels, will be jumping on a floatplane subscription once i'm home

Not anything I can think of. Honestly, subscribing to Floatplane might be a pretty good call. Plus, you'll still get to watch their content.

1 minute ago, Dracarris said:

woot, there are leaked videos?

yeah hackers (i guess) made public all of the videos on the main channel and yeah there was a lot of videos which was private and unlisted 

Just now, Kitsunelaine said:

Forums are buckling because everyone is flooding to them to figure out WTF is going on. This is normal activity in terms of the site utterly failing to handle demand. Think of it like blizzard servers on D4 launch day.

Might break the record for most forum users online

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

1 minute ago, RealGoose said:

Question. If we report the scam videos… are we also reporting LTT legit videos? I want to punish the scammers and get this to stop, but also don’t want to trash LTT in the “eyes” of the algorithm or whatever. 

YouTube will roll back there channel anyway it just take a while. LTT is luckily a large creator so they will be relatively quick. You can report the channel no worrys but you can be sure they are already in contact with YouTube any way.

Just now, GorujoCY said:

that is a possibility but with youtube losing one of their biggest channels on the platform, it will hurt their revenue coming from ads from LTT so they have to reinstate it or they are screwed on both sides of the spectrum

lol knowing youtube theyd just migrate the channel settings and videos to another page instead of fixing it

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

It does make me wonder if these hacks are related to the recent LastPass breaches or if its just some other form of social engineering attack

Just now, emothxughts said:

Man this situation is making me hate Musk fanboys, the way they plaster their god's face and company on the scams they make...

Wait, you actually think this was a Musk fanboy, as opposed to someone preying on Musk fanboys?
Huh. 

Some people will belive anything.

Just now, Firewire9941 said:

I wonder if they will be able to get their channel back before Friday. Or this might be the thing that breaks their years long WAN stream streak on youtube

floatplane my beloved

also theres twitch if you are okay with ignoring chat

1 minute ago, AwesomeSam1939 said:

Now TechQuickie and TechLinked have been hacked too. Don't know if ShortCircuit will be hacked too... or rather when...

proof???

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

Just now, tcardinales said:

WAN shows is going to be wild

honestly i cant wait for the PR more than the wan show, but the wan show will also be interesting

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

2 minutes ago, Marcii said:

what was the name ? i might have seen it too

Pretty sure they are not so stupid as to upload actual sensitive info as private videos to YT.

1 minute ago, Middleseed said:

The hackers seem to have access to all ltt channels. Here I was thinking it was limited to the main channel. Linus gonna have a heart attack when he wakes up lol. 

Yeah, they're like 3 hours behind EST, aren't they? That would mean it's 5:13 right now.