Why does LTT take so much time?

Gat Pelsinger
Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,

It's usually more of a scheduling thing. Some videos aren't time-sensitive so can be made and kept around to release in a "slow news period" where there isn't much happening. 

Also here it's a sponsored video, so it'll have to get through some reviewing which may take time, and also the sponsor probably wanted it released on a particular day for the Black Friday week or such. You shoot it enough in advance to be sure it's ready and has gone through all required approvals to be released on the intended date.

Why does LTT, and presumably a lot of other YouTuber creators take so long to upload a video? Besides LTT having so many editors as well. On this video - 

at 5:40, you can see that the laptop is showing the date of November 4, and the video was uploaded on Nov 21. I can understand editing and all, but this much time?

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

It's usually more of a scheduling thing. Some videos aren't time-sensitive so can be made and kept around to release in a "slow news period" where there isn't much happening. 

Also here it's a sponsored video, so it'll have to get through some reviewing which may take time, and also the sponsor probably wanted it released on a particular day for the Black Friday week or such. You shoot it enough in advance to be sure it's ready and has gone through all required approvals to be released on the intended date.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

They have a fixed number of "time slots". They won't release more videos just because they're ready. They also probalby have a buffer to account for people on vacation or when they're sick, etc.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 hours ago, NvidiaFirePro6900XXTX3DPRO said:

Why does LTT, and presumably a lot of other YouTuber creators take so long to upload a video? Besides LTT having so many editors as well. On this video - 

at 5:40, you can see that the laptop is showing the date of November 4, and the video was uploaded on Nov 21. I can understand editing and all, but this much time?

LTT offers great content so, it is normal to do R&D , Shoot and post product a content that's why they need time. 

3 hours ago, NvidiaFirePro6900XXTX3DPRO said:

Besides LTT having so many editors as well.

You got a thing to send from A to B as quickly as possible. Would using 9 trucks over 1 help?

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

They have talked about this in videos. IIRC they could do it in a work day. But that requires preparing to get all required personnel ready and with clear schedule. For the time sensitive stuff (embargo), I think it's something like 1-3 days. So with release rush like late summer to fall is, everything else will be pushed back so filming might be ready weeks before editor has time to work on it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

you are coming to the wrong conclusion here.

that this video was filmed weeks ago means its good planning on their side to do thing as early as possible and have time for all the steps in between or to simply have a video ready to go so you can release it when another video needs more time.

if your youtube channel constantly shoots and released a video the same day that either means its a news channel where being as close as possible to real time is important or it means you cant plan at all and are doing too much for the work force you have available.

having a buffer of videos is very important for a youtube channel.

Bud idk how to tell you this but most of YouTube is prerecorded content

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

On 11/25/2022 at 11:40 AM, Yoinkerman said:

Bud idk how to tell you this but most of YouTube is prerecorded content

Especially the live streams.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022