Apple's New MacBook Air Is Its Cheapest One Ever

megadarkwood

Well forst of all, that doesnt seem to be an ultrabook, so your argument is invalid. And secondly, that things battery life will be crushed by the macbook air. The macbooks air is a really competetive ultrabook. Theres probably only a handful with the same value.

like is said i dont mean to start a war, but apple people cant seem to take a good advise without over reacting,,, i never said it was ultra book i said is better for less thats all...like many other things

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i7-4500U-Notebook-Processor.93562.0.html

is an ultra book CPU

if you see value in buying istuff go ahead i wont stop you nobody will,,, im giving my money to someone else that offers better value per dollar,,,

Again im not offending you at any point here, im just sharing my own opinion, i respect yours...i dont have anything against apple, but i do a bit disagree with their prices thats all.

THanks

PC Gaming forever...

I'm proud of Apple. They've come very far with competitive pricing points. This doesn't look too bad. Now to improve their OS....

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Don't forget that you'll have better after-sales support too than most other companies...

I'd say you'll have better after sales than EVERY company simple because Apple has a few stores everywhere.

Have an issue? Take it to an Apple store. Not mail it in. Not a call Center. Not email. Not a phone call. Just take it in.

Maybe if my Dell and Sony had that kind of after sales service id still use them, but they don't. Apple knows how to keep customers and guess what, after sales support is a big draw for a lot of people.

Hell my tech savvy dad went from "buy anything that just works" to "does apple make something that just works" because of product issues and the fact that all these other companies had no local presence to speak of.

He buys one apple product, has an issue, goes into a store for 10 minutes and walks out with a new one that has now lasted 5 years without failing. It's not that it lasted so long, anything can last that long. It's the service and support he still gets on what he owns that keeps him going back. He's old, he has no time to mail shit in and sit on a phone all day long.

Apple makes it simple, and like all things in life you pay for convenience. That comes down to how much you think convenience is worth paying for.

Not enough ram for my standards.

<~~ only has 8 gigs :(

8gbs is more acceptable but.... for work purposes I need 16 or more lol. 

You just game though right? So it should be totally fine. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

after using a mac I have to say that this acutually pretty cool.

now if only I could install windows onto a mac and not just for bootcamp ( I know blasphemy)

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

My fiance prefers macs because she grew up with them, she's not a gamer, and they require much less maintenance compared to windows. Her old macbook is close to death, so I think I'll tell her about this. Pretty good price compared to previous models.

Not enough ram for my standards.

Seriously go and try a mac. they perform quite well on 4gb. Often to demo them to customers I would open 20-30 safari tabs and every program on the computer, iphoto imovie garageband, itunes pages numbers keynte etc etc, then I would edit 1080p footage in real time in imovie and it handles it just fine on the air

OSX is a very well made OS

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Seriously go and try a mac. they perform quite well on 4gb. Often to demo them to customers I would open 20-30 safari tabs and every program on the computer, iphoto imovie garageband, itunes pages numbers keynte etc etc, then I would edit 1080p footage in real time in imovie and it handles it just fine on the air

I have absolutely no reason too lol, the programs I use for work don't run on a mac. That's what I base my standards off of. 

If I wanted something to just browse the web or do minor video editing I'd just grab this Asus ultrabook I've already been eyeing. I'd want all my stuff to be able to sync together good anyway, throwing another OS into the mix just complicates things for me. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I have a Mac book air

Seems like a fair asking price for the design and engineering gone into these. If only I could have this laptop without OSX and the Apple logo (no hate)...

duct-tape and bootcamp

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

like is said i dont mean to start a war, but apple people cant seem to take a good advise without over reacting,,, i never said it was ultra book i said is better for less thats all...like many other things

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i7-4500U-Notebook-Processor.93562.0.html

is an ultra book CPU

if you see value in buying istuff go ahead i wont stop you nobody will,,, im giving my money to someone else that offers better value per dollar,,,

Again im not offending you at any point here, im just sharing my own opinion, i respect yours...i dont have anything against apple, but i do a bit disagree with their prices thats all.

THanks

You're not getting the point. I'm not stating opinions or starting a war. I'm just stating facts. The macbook air is a much better value than 99% of the ultrabooks out there. You can't compare an  ultrabook's value to a thick notebook's value. That's like comparing a tablets value to a smartphone's value. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

I've been waiting to buy a new macbook until they updated the air. Unfortunately the main update I was wanting was on the screen. That resolution (1440x900) simply isn't good enough.

Might as well get a Chromebook for a fraction of that if you're going to get a laptop for web browsing and some "photo" editing.

You spelt ThinkPad and 'So everything better' wrong

Now to improve their OS....

OSX is far and about anything M$ has ever shat out.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

OSX is far and about anything M$ has ever shat out.

It really is good. The gestures and trackpad is really user-friendly. Windows will always dominate in a more practical situation (more programs, more games, Microsoft Office - I really really love Office, it's just too good) amongst other things.

One thing I've always hated is video editing programs on Windows. I've tried SOOOO many, its unbelievable. Most of them are unstable or just too confusing to use.

I've heard Final Cut Pro is the king of video editors, so I'll have to try that out whenever I get a MBP

Even if they did, it'd still be free. Mac OSX, just like iOS, updates will be free from now on starting from OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

Well yeah the updates will be free for the software, but not the hardware. Know what I mean? New retina touch Mac = $$$$$$$

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I didn't realized Ultrabooks were so expensive albeit i've never even considered using them because I must have a graphics card. For school i can get 5-6 hours w/o gaming on my lenovo y510p, which is usually enough for the day, if not i just drop it by a socket for 10-20 minutes when its not in use and that usually does it. The Air is meant for people who can't be bothered to carry a heavy lappy with them and also need the battery life. If you're a gamer, you're obviously not going to buy this >.> its not meant for u, so go look at stuff that is. Honestly, the apple stuff isn't half bad price wise now (this and the pro vs blade price/spec comparison). My only complaint is the ipad which i feel is still a bit much for what i would get. With that said, i;m not picking up an apple product anytime soon cus i can find cheaper and better for my own needs, but everybody has their own preferences, and we should respect that :)

I think it would be more worthwhile just to save up slightly more for better Macbook than get a lower performance one thats only £200 cheaper. Personally, I'd get an MSI. You'd get better performance. I don't know if this would be the case for anyone else.

I personally couldn't use anything below 15in But at that size I beg the question why not just get a decent tablet and a docking station? It's more portable lighter might not game as well or w/e but I doubt many people are gaming on a mac laptop. I mean it's nice they dropped the price but yeah still doesn't seem a compelling value. 

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

I personally couldn't use anything below 15in But at that size I beg the question why not just get a decent tablet and a docking station? It's more portable lighter might not game as well or w/e but I doubt many people are gaming on a mac laptop. I mean it's nice they dropped the price but yeah still doesn't seem a compelling value.

If you are talking about an android tablet there are ups and downs. My dad uses a tablet alot more often than his laptop, essentially because it's easier. But the downside is tablets aren't good for document sorting etc. Personally though I do like tablets ALOT. But I myself would stick with an MSI GE60 just because my job is graphics designer. And I game alot.

Wow! apple lowering its price for consumers? .. :mellow:  really?

it's like Jumping will get you closer to the sun :D

swag ninja activated :ph34r:

Details separate people.

i really think apple should make the bezels like 5mm thick

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.