Indonesia urged tech companies to register under new licensing rules, issued inspection and ban warning to those who didn't register (UPDATE)

F to my neighbour.. just use https://1.1.1.1 for the moment till they got unblock. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

*Laughs in vpn

I mean i used tor to access reddit back when it was blocked here in indo and tor is pretty much just a more private vpn (mostly just looking at random info surrounding ocing older fsb/bclk platforms)

Just now, Senzelian said:

Not sure if this is the case, but if Microsoft Office is blocked I would assume this would heavily impact companies that are using Office tools for work.

Unless of course this only impacts the Office website. That would make the block entirely useless 😄 

I believe that Microsoft Office is currently unregistered but not blocked. Paypal would be another one that could seriously affect businesses in Indonesia.

Looking at the list of websites Microsoft only registered bing.com yesterday just before the deadline, so maybe they were a little late registering Office.

image.png

Interestingly battle.net is listed as registered as it is (or at least was) supposedly blocked. Perhaps because they waited until the last minute before the deadline to register.

It's interesting that Steam and Epic games are blocked but Ubisoft and EA Games which also haven't registered are not blocked. 🤷‍♂️

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Gov'ts continue to do this, until they p!ss off enough of their population to spark protest/unrest. Remember, revolutions have started over lesser things 😉

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

The internet in 1996:  A whole new world of information sharing and awesomeness is coming.

The internet in 2022:  1/3rd ignorant misinformation, 1/3rd greedy corporations and 1/3rd government censorship.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, mr moose said:

The internet in 1996:  A whole new world of information sharing and awesomeness is coming.

The internet in 2022:  1/3rd ignorant misinformation, 1/3rd greedy corporations and 1/3rd government censorship.

Idiocracy in the making. It can only do downwards from here.

As an indonesian, I would like to say that this was not needed. I think nobody here asked for this

13 minutes ago, mr moose said:

What about the data harvesting and targeted advertising?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

13 minutes ago, Arika S said:

that falls into the 1/3rd greedy corporations

Yeah but that accounts for way more than 1/3 of the Internet. It's a Venn diagram, not a pie chart.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

3 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

F to my neighbour.. just use https://1.1.1.1 for the moment till they got unblock. 

Most commonly used DNS are useless.
Back then we'd use google DNS and bypass the filtering, then it stopped working.
We switched to cloudflare DNS i think, then it stopped again.
There were some more DNS people tried using which was then stopped working after awhile.

3 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

*Laughs in vpn

I mean i used tor to access reddit back when it was blocked here in indo and tor is pretty much just a more private vpn (mostly just looking at random info surrounding ocing older fsb/bclk platforms)

Hahah, ya.
I'm not into VPN yet (maybe soon)
But I do have my own method to do it.

3 hours ago, Dutch_Master said:

Gov'ts continue to do this, until they p!ss off enough of their population to spark protest/unrest. Remember, revolutions have started over lesser things 😉

Considering how most peoples with internet behave in my country. It won't spark shit.
They are too used to being stepped on. With the FUP, the Expensive limited quota, sucky speed, etc.
They think it's standard, normal, and all fine. Atleast until pandemic started and everybody need internet to WFH and SFH. 😂
Imagine WFH /SFH where you are having massive stutters & bufferings even for 480p reso.
Even then, it was only a bit of ripple.

They'd go full on protest and rants about 2% price increase for Chilli Pepper per KG to make Chilli Sauce though.
Also about a famous handsome local celebrity is imprisoned because he was caught red-handed using drugs. 🤣

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

9 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

lol, nah

shit's been going on since 2015

Hahah ya.
Some people around me are like :
"Well, If they block the legit sites anyway, I guess everybody will go back to the old times, buying pirated game installers"
"And if the govt complains about piracy, we'll just say 'The legit site are blocked, so..' "

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

39 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Most commonly used DNS are useless.
Back then we'd use google DNS and bypass the filtering, then it stopped working.
We switched to cloudflare DNS i think, then it stopped again.
There were some more DNS people tried using which was then stopped working after awhile.

Cloudflare Warp is a VPN. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 minute ago, xAcid9 said:

Cloudflare Warp is a VPN. 

Ah okay, might work.
Pretty sure Cloudflare is under their thumb already though, so idk.
Probably won't be long until it somehow gets F'd too.

Refresh before you reply

11 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Yeah but that accounts for way more than 1/3 of the Internet. It's a Venn diagram, not a pie chart.

I think you might be overthinking it. 😁

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

15 hours ago, leadeater said:

Guide: How to get voted out at election - This story

lol

Their votes matter??!

People are "free" right up until they realize they're not; and there's nothing they could do about it without being crushed by the military.

I didn't start the fire.

15 hours ago, Moonzy said:

lol, nah

shit's been going on since 2015

Lol, Rong Rong is how I found about this new block and the previous ones XD

Nice animations and game indeed ❤️

On 7/28/2022 at 6:36 AM, Bombastinator said:

I can’t understand it but at least it’s Roman alphabet.  I wonder how google translate does with it?  Machine translated legal language can be quite dangerous.  I’ve never heard of a language called Indonesian before. 

Hello, an Indonesian here. So this article is divided into 3 sections section 1 has 9 steps. Step 1 is receive the e-mail and click on the forum to fill out the request to be registered. Step 2 is to add the email and password they sent to you. Step 3, is to fill out the forum. Step 4 and 5 is about verifying your request. Step 6 and 7 is just wait until it shows up in the registered companies database. Step 8 makes you fill out a survey. And then Step 9 is be glad you are registered.

Section 2 is about changing your data (?) and has 14 steps. Step 1. Click on "masuk" or "enter" in english. Step 2. Login with your username and password. Step 3. click on "Tambah permohonan" or "add request". Step 4. Click on  "PSE Lingkup Privat" (no idea what that means) and you should be redirected to a sub page with a button with "Resend NIB" (also no idea what is a NIB). Step 5. Click on Resend NIB. Step 6. Click on the number (or NIB). Step 7. After clicking on that, you should enter the PSE database and click on "Tambah Data SE" or "add data SE (?)". Step 8. Fill the forum. Step 9 and 10. Verify. Step 11, 12, and 13. wait and check if the info is correct. Step 14 is just be glad you have completed this,

Section 3 or Attachment 1. This section says on how to now sell your stuff at a commercial scale and I don't completely understand it

Notes:

1. My indo isn't as good as my english and trying to translate is a bit hard for me

2. I also simplify this a lot so its highly likely I missed a few details

3. And yes, I did spend nearly an hour trying to de-cypher a 50+ page document

Anyways, Hope I helped  

Edited by Caveman0407

Another update: As if things can't get even worse, someone managed to find an official presentation stream VOD from IDNOG which is a group consisting of various network operators in Indonesia. This presentation was streamed live in July 28th, just before the blockade happened next day at 29th. And apparently, one of the topic in that presentation is the plan to basically establish national intranet and whitelist system. Anyone who are curious with the stream can watch it from the embed below (timestamp included), but keep in mind it's all in Indonesian

On 7/30/2022 at 3:35 PM, Dutch_Master said:

On 7/30/2022 at 4:39 PM, leadeater said:

Guide: How to get voted out at election - This story

lol

One can only hope, mate. One can only hope. Problem is, here tech illiteracy and paid troll account is common (to the point where some people gets actually doxxed, or they raided any discussion talk about this topic*), and despite all the protest on the internet that you guys saw, it's still not as big as you might think. It's not even close to the number of protest against Ajit Pai back in 2017 - 18

*example? https://twitter.com/secgron/status/1553962064439558145

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro