LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter
13 hours ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

Would it be nice if they had a filter for 12VHWPR? Sure, but, it is accurately called out in the Technical Specifications, which, as a consumer, should be checking as well. 

image.thumb.png.5cb38b6f8123a0d375818d53e38c193c.png

Yeah, to be clear I was mentioning the fact that they appear to have updated the px line to have 12 VHPWR. Since it's an update it's unclear if seasonic contacted distributors to replace the older models or if someone orders one they might get the non 12vhpwr ones based on sitting stock.

19 minutes ago, Shahrad said:

Hey guys!

Reached out to our connection at Thorum to get a bit more info about their material sourcing. He said that they source the meteorite and dinosaur bone both from private sellers in Moab, Utah.

Check out their website to get more info and feel free to reach out to them with any questions too! He said he'd be happy to answer them :)

https://www.thorum.com/pages/about-us

Hi just looked into this and their mateirials page is down 
https://www.northbands.com/blogs/log/materials

On 1/16/2023 at 11:35 AM, Gamercave said:

in adition to this there is also sustainability questions over companies essentially chopping up archealogical findings to put in rings and the like within the archeology community, i do not know much about this personally but it may be worth looking into.

On 1/16/2023 at 5:28 AM, Sigfried said:

About the Thorum sponsorship, "real dinosaur bone" is not a thing.

Fossils are fossils, not bones.

The bone is long gone and replaced by minerals.

Also, how the hell do they source materials such as meteorite and T-rex fossils? 

I couldn't find anything about it on the site.

Hey guys!

Reached out to our connection at Thorum to get a bit more info about their material sourcing. He said that they source the meteorite and dinosaur bone both from private sellers in Moab, Utah.

Check out their website to get more info and feel free to reach out to them with any questions too! He said he'd be happy to answer them :)

Anker still has LTT as a channel that recommends them on Amazon. Technically it's a quote that contains a fact and not a recommendation, but nonetheless, it's still there.

Screenshot_20230118_064752_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I vaguely remember that on wan show it was said that no more kickstarter promotions would be made. Yet Keychron feature James in their kickstarter.

But maybe its faire use.

Skärmbild 2023-01-18 141654.png

On 1/18/2023 at 4:56 AM, Greggypoo said:

Anker still has LTT as a channel that recommends them on Amazon. Technically it's a quote that contains a fact and not a recommendation, but nonetheless, it's still there.

Screenshot_20230118_064752_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Thanks for flagging this. I've gone back to our contact and asked to have this removed.

Cheers,

On 12/31/2022 at 7:16 AM, SaperPL said:

I have to second to this one - LMG shouldn't affiliate itself with Gaijin Entertainment if you want to keep up to Linus' principles.

Ditto. War Thunder is terrible, they hook players in with the "it's free come play!!" then once they've spent a few hundred hours in the game they'll quickly see how bad the game is (having to spend $$$ just to keep up with the "meta" at the time because if you don't, you'll get wiped with some premium tank that's extremely OP at the time). Or in other words, to win you basically either have to pay up, or struggle immensely as a free player.

The game is also notorious for having a terrible fanbase. I don't doubt what Saper said about the forum's mods being abusive is true. It seems that any constructive criticism whatsoever about game issues is instantly shut down by fanboys because "you're just bad get gud!?!?!". Not the kind of thing I'd want to endorse, nor I think LTT would.

Everything else wrong with the game has basically been spoken already, so I'll just say that LTT should really reconsider keeping them as a sponsor.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

Hi,

is not really a complaint just a heads up.

On the Italian Amazon website, Anker’s store presentation (therefore under every product that they sell) there is still a slide that brags about your endorsement.

Doesn’t bother me but from what I heard on Wan Show Linus wanted to stay clear of them following the privacy scandal and their response, I thought you might have wanted to know that his face and the company’s name was there.

5EED11AD-11A1-4A46-93FD-1C3432122664.png

Hi LMG,

I saw today that Audible was a sponsor of the most recent WAN show. They were called out by Brandon Sanderson recently for the pretty bad way they treat a lot of authors and the massive % they take off the top seemingly "because they can/because they are the monopoly". Given how much Luke & Linus have railed against Apple for a similar (not identical I know) monopolistic % rort in the past, I think it warrants some consideration.

https://www.brandonsanderson.com/state-of-the-sanderson-2022/

Relevant Section starts at "AUDIOBOOKS for NON-BACKERS"

There was also some related discussion on a reddit thread about it that seemed to have some corroborating stories from other authors. The link is pasted below which also contains the excerpt from Sanderson's site above.

Hi there not sure if anyone else has started to hear the rumblings of this but I’ve started hearing that mint mobile has not been honoring their buy 12 months get 12 months free agreements and are forcing users to sit in customer service chats for extended time while the end user proves they did get that promotion. Sounds like many people at the end of their 12 months had auto pay enabled and their accounts were charged after the first 12 months instead of entering the year long free period they were promised. Could be a case of unmet terms and conditions (as the Reddit thread shows here) but seems like if there was additional requirements to the free service it should have been more prevalent and listed along side the buy 12 get 12 verbiage. Worth looking into just to make sure sponsors are being kept honest but might be user error at the end of the day

Hey all, registered to chime in about War Thunder / Gaijin. I hope LTT drops this sponsor - not because it's a scummy F2P game etc, but because Gaijin is heavily tied into russian investor money. Plus there was this some time ago, and it doesn't seem like their position has changed since.

I have a huge complaint about cablemod and i found a bunch of people who have had the same issue.
Dont get me wrong Cablemod is fine until you have to deal with their customer support.

I made a personal purchase back in 2021 and the 24pin cable didnt work. they had me contact silverstone because cablemod said my psu was faulty and they were right.
I knew my psu worked fine with the stock cables and i had no issues with the other cables they send me.
But it took me months and im talking about 3 months to get my money back. at that point i didnt want to support them in any way so i wanted a full refund and destroyed all their cables.
They kept saying i was wrong ignored me for weeks and were not helpfull at all.
Im down to send all the emails to whoever wants them because they are legit a bunch of clowns.

Would love to see llt check their customer support with some type of secret shopper or anything.

On 12/20/2022 at 11:08 AM, Sveeno said:

Hey,

Unfortunately we haven't heard anything back yet so I don't have an update to provide. We are trying to contact multiple people but have gotten zero responses.

Thanks,

Any updates on this?

Back in late November it was reported that Tony Norman was stepping down as CEO of IFI and a replacement would be announced by the end of the year, but that's not happened yet.  In addition, there have been allegations of even worse behavior in the past few days.  IFI's approach to the controversy seems to be to not say anything and think that will make it go away, so I'm not surprised that they aren't responding to your inquiries.

AMD R9 5900X | Asus Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Neo G9 | Full Specs

OVHCloud has charged my credit card $500 for a $15/mo server that I quit using years ago. Apparently it was a bug in their system. Usually if you don't renew a server with OVH, they'll just expire after 15 days. My account was "bugged" so the server I stopped 4 years ago didn't get deleted. I got this email: image.png.bc224835bea69a9eae7d7ed4ab797723.png

So basically I have to pay because of their bug? Their panel said it was expired. 

Oh and that's only one of many experience with them. Their Canadian subdinary is "fine". Tickets get resolved in a timely manner. Their Europe subdinary is awful. Tickets take weeks or even months to get resolved.

Here are "some" of my bad experience:

• I use Wireguard to have an internal network between my servers (vRack isn't available to all their ranges). Their system detected Wireguard traffic as "DDoS", so my server was suspended for "DDoS'ing" my other server from the SAME account. I called them and they said it was a false positive, they "forwarded" the request to get my server unsuspended and whitelist Wireguard traffic. One week later they unsuspend my server and tell me that I shouldn't have issues anymore. One day later, server gets suspended again for the same thing. 🙄So I call again and repeat the process. My server was down a WHOLE month due to that. No refund, no credit, nada.
  • When OVH launched their US DC, an additional IP was $10 one time fee, so I got $400 worth of IPs along with a dedicated server which was advertised at $159. When came the time to renew it, the invoice was $270 rather than $159 so I opened a ticket, they said it was an error and they'd fix it ASAP. They assured me the server wouldn't get suspended while they work on the issue. Well, one week later, server was deleted and I lost all the IPs I had paid. No refund, no credit, nada. I still have the whole ticket if you'd like to see it, DM me.
  • Bugs like pressing "renew" would return error 500. At one point, I had to call each month so they generate an invoice so I can renew my servers.
  • Many more!

You may have a good experience in Canada, but in EU it's just awful. Support isn't even 24/7 and average response time is one week, I've seen some take over a month. You just can't host anything critical with them. They seem to have serious management issues to take 5 years to fix a bug as serious as the bug I mentioned above.

Has there been any real discussion about the SayMine App? Just saw the ad today on the latest LTT video and a quick search revealed that only one person has posted about it on here. I checked out the app myself and was not pleased with my first impression. They require full access to your email, which is incredibly concerning. They claim to "scan only the subject lines of your emails", but then you need to grant them permission to read your full emails and your profile. Then, when you decline, they claim that they don't read your emails? I don't care if it is through a bot, them, saying "nope, we don't do it" isn't enough of a reassurance. And, it isn't even a one time thing. They require continued access unless you go through (as I read elsewhere online) a lengthy and complicated process to remove that access. They also don't have their pricing visible anywhere on their site until after you've given them this continued access permission. This allows them to have access to the email accounts of people who didn't even ultimately decide to sign up because they didn't like the pricing. It all just seems really dishonest and concerning. Does anyone have more knowledge about this company? Any background or personal experience? Or can LMG itself do a more thorough investigation into this service? Thanks.

On 1/24/2023 at 7:42 PM, HaughtonBothered said:

Has there been any real discussion about the SayMine App? Just saw the ad today on the latest LTT video and a quick search revealed that only one person has posted about it on here. I checked out the app myself and was not pleased with my first impression. They require full access to your email, which is incredibly concerning. They claim to "scan only the subject lines of your emails", but then you need you to grant permission for them to read your full emails and your profile. Then, when you decline, they claim that they don't read your emails? I don't care if it is through a bot, them, saying "nope, we don't do it" isn't enough of a reassurance. And, it isn't even a one time thing. They require continued access unless you go through (as I read elsewhere online) a lengthy and complicated process to remove that access. They also don't have their pricing visible anywhere on their site until after you've given them this continued access permission. This allows them to have access to the email accounts of people who didn't even ultimately decide to sign up because they didn't like the pricing. It all just seems really dishonest and concerning. Does anyone have more knowledge about this company? Any background or personal experience? Or can LMG itself do a more thorough investigation into this service? Thanks.

I made the mistake of using SayMine. They essentially scan your emails so you can pick which companies you want them to send a request to delete your data on. I don't trust them anymore and I removed access pretty fast, especially since many places require you to personally email them and send proof of identity so it's a big waste of time. I do believe they are stealing data and they certainly aren't professional. Many people delete their emails so it's not going to help you with a good portion of what they claim to be their goal is. You could essentially do all of this yourself, anyways. They have tons of misspellings and plenty of dead links. They have been claiming that they will bring forth a premium package for years, even though none of what they do would require tons of work in the first place.

SayMine transparency promise deleted

image_2023-01-27_155024103.png

saymine2.PNG

On 1/17/2023 at 7:49 PM, Shahrad said:

Hey guys!

Check out their website to get more info and feel free to reach out to them with any questions too! He said he'd be happy to answer them :)

I'm Sorry, but we have 2 options:

1) It's not dinosaur bone and it's false advertising, or;

2) it is real dinosaur bone and it should not being used to craft rings, it belongs to either a museum or an university for studies.

In any case that's unacceptable, specially for a company that's well aware about several issues like LTT.

On 1/27/2023 at 3:54 PM, NapalmFirestorm said:

I made the mistake of using SayMine. They essentially scan your emails so you can pick which companies you want them to send a request to delete your data on. I don't trust them anymore and I removed access pretty fast, especially since many places require you to personally email them and send proof of identity so it's a big waste of time. I do believe they are stealing data and they certainly aren't professional. Many people delete their emails so it's not going to help you with a good portion of what they claim to be their goal is. You could essentially do all of this yourself, anyways. They have tons of misspellings and plenty of dead links. They have been claiming that they will bring forth a premium package for years, even though none of what they do would require tons of work in the first place.

SayMine transparency promise deleted

image_2023-01-27_155024103.png

saymine2.PNG

On 1/24/2023 at 7:42 PM, HaughtonBothered said:

Has there been any real discussion about the SayMine App? Just saw the ad today on the latest LTT video and a quick search revealed that only one person has posted about it on here. I checked out the app myself and was not pleased with my first impression. They require full access to your email, which is incredibly concerning. They claim to "scan only the subject lines of your emails", but then you need to grant them permission to read your full emails and your profile. Then, when you decline, they claim that they don't read your emails? I don't care if it is through a bot, them, saying "nope, we don't do it" isn't enough of a reassurance. And, it isn't even a one time thing. They require continued access unless you go through (as I read elsewhere online) a lengthy and complicated process to remove that access. They also don't have their pricing visible anywhere on their site until after you've given them this continued access permission. This allows them to have access to the email accounts of people who didn't even ultimately decide to sign up because they didn't like the pricing. It all just seems really dishonest and concerning. Does anyone have more knowledge about this company? Any background or personal experience? Or can LMG itself do a more thorough investigation into this service? Thanks.

Hey, thanks for bringing this up.

We did do a thorough investigation into Mine before they were a sponsor on the channel and everything that we discovered checked out. Here is a link to their transparency page that describes how Mine utilizes your email, how they make money, what data they collect, etc. https://www.saymine.com/transparency

Please DM me any deadlinks or misspellings and I will bring them up to our contact at Mine.

Thanks,

On 1/29/2023 at 9:47 PM, SirVH said:

2) it is real dinosaur bone and it should not being used to craft rings, it belongs to either a museum or an university for studies.

there's a lot of fossilzed bone that has legitimately zero scientific value, usually either because a LOT of skeletons were found, or the fragments that were found are, well.. too fragmented.

there's a skeleton of a prehistoric whale somewhere out there that's the work of a mad man, who joked about it being more glue than bone. once assembled they struggled to find a museum that wanted to clear the space to put it in. there's also no scientific value in it because of how fragmented the skeleton is, and because well.. the species are well documented.

in the end a lot of what they dig up is not interesting enough for the money it takes to pull it out the ground. if a project like this funnels some money towards the paleontologists (because y'know.. they still need to dig it up.) it might be of more value than putting it all in a drawer at a university.

and i'd guarantee you that if they dig up bones of any scientific or museum value, they will be worth WAY more in that avenue than as a raw resource for rings anyways, so those will never go towards stuff like this.

i would assume that "dinosaur" is slightly misleading though, because theoretically that name refers to a specific segment of prehistoric animals, but there's FAR more fossilized bone in the ground than just dinosaurs... most of which would be called "dinosaur bone" by anyone but paleontologists.

either way.. it's just a roundabout way of making an ivory ring, and i somehow feel more okay with that ivory coming from dig sites, than from poachers.

On 1/30/2023 at 1:14 PM, Sveeno said:

Hey, thanks for bringing this up.

We did do a thorough investigation into Mine before they were a sponsor on the channel and everything that we discovered checked out. Here is a link to their transparency page that describes how Mine utilizes your email, how they make money, what data they collect, etc. https://www.saymine.com/transparency

Please DM me any deadlinks or misspellings and I will bring them up to our contact at Mine.

Thanks, 

Thanks for the response. As far as deadlinks go, the worst example is the link to their "privacy promise" page. https://mine-b2c.webflow.io/transparency#

Not much of a promise...

In their "How does Mine make Money" section, they say that they don't make money from selling data. However, they omit saying how they do make money. What are they avoiding discussing? They must be making money somehow, but don't disclose it. I think they have plans that cost money, but I can't find a price, just an allusion to there being paid plans https://business.saymine.com/plans. I understand this is a pretty common business tactic, but for a company that relies so heavily on trust and transparency, requiring signing up just to see their pricing is dodgy.

I am still concerned with what they do with the emails of people who grant Mine access but don't ultimately use their product. Are they ever informed that Mine still has permission? Does Mine still make use of that permission? I don't want to sign up to find out. I understand that the permissions are revocable, but for someone that isn't that tech savvy, they may sign up and forget about it.

An odd thought but something that recently came back to mind after watching a recent video - Grammarly. 

Under previous employment, we had a request come through for Grammarly to be allowed through all firewalls/extensions/etc and following our InfoSec team investigating, it was found that it effectively sends (and possibly stores?) all keystrokes to their cloud? Encryption aside, this is still fairly concerning behaviour from an information security/data sovereignty perspective, especially if it is stored. 

Can someone reach out to Jackery over there "surge" output on there units, they need to flat out remove this number, I bought a unit based on that advertised number, but the unit cuts out instantly if you go over the output by a little bit. If they at least advertised, "Surge for 1 seconds" then I obviously would have bought the larger unit to start with.

The real kicker is I was about a week past their 30 no questions return policy and they are being really stubborn about it, I've already pre-ordered the larger unit so it's not like they are even loosing out on business! 

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 9.34.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 9.35.04 PM.png

13 hours ago, chrisjenx said:

Can someone reach out to Jackery over there "surge" output on there units, they need to flat out remove this number, I bought a unit based on that advertised number, but the unit cuts out instantly if you go over the output by a little bit. If they at least advertised, "Surge for 1 seconds" then I obviously would have bought the larger unit to start

What kind of device are you using that exceeds the 1000watts, and exactly how much power does it draw?

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV