LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter

I don't think promoting manscaped is a good idea.

I just bought the The Performance Package 4.0. The fine print of the Peak Hygiene Plan is pretty dishonest of the company in my opinion. I went to cancel it but then it says that I loose my warranty if I do so. It also puts me through like 3 pop ups to convince me not to cancel with loosing my warranty being the last one.

Of course I don't want to loose my warranty, so I'm not going to cancel. But the option to "skip next shipment" of the Peak Hygiene Plan better have no restrictions. It is a waste of time to have to go and indicate that I want to skip it every three months.

On 12/25/2022 at 6:50 PM, RaidShadowLegends said:

I don't think promoting manscaped is a good idea.

I just bought the The Performance Package 4.0. The fine print of the Peak Hygiene Plan is pretty dishonest of the company in my opinion. I went to cancel it but then it says that I loose my warranty if I do so. It also puts me through like 3 pop ups to convince me not to cancel with loosing my warranty being the last one.

Of course I don't want to loose my warranty, so I'm not going to cancel. But the option to "skip next shipment" of the Peak Hygiene Plan better have no restrictions. It is a waste of time to have to go and indicate that I want to skip it every three months.

manscape is just a below average brand, anyways. a lot that is just for marketing. Also if you had a warranty period, this shouldn't break that, if its about needing a subscription and report their practices.

Just listened to the spot on today's show about sponsors and don't have anything else to add but mobile games are 99% all predatory rubbish riddled with adware. Any of those get instant skip 10 seconds during a video. 

I think Manscaped should be pulled from sponsorships. 

They provide overpriced mediocre products in which they use black hat shady tactics to put people in hidden subscriptions.

In order to cancel subscriptions you have to go through multiple hurdles which are trying to keep you in the subscription or buy additional products. 

Have had multiple friends with endless problems from no order being received / sent out to hidden subscriptions and non existent customer support plus after they've cancelled their subscriptions they have still gone on to take their money.

Have seen their online reviews via trustpilot with 1 star reviews reperesenting over 24%  (https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/manscaped.com) with endless problems one after the other. 

Here are some reviews to further backup my point:

image.png.313bec86541e5bea0ea5050ba6ae64d2.pngimage.png.39fecffef60383ce29c71032e52e562e.png

image.png.ce93973c3c3deeac3b58f9fb7b6c96e7.pngimage.png.2725c91ce8223eecc65564d00c1486f5.png

In the EU you get 2 years warranty on Manscape electronics (minimum allowed by law). In the US: 90 days. Clearly willing to stand behind their high quality products...

Screenshot_20221231-031128~2.png

Screenshot_20221231-031122~2.png

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 6/19/2022 at 11:26 PM, DanFraser said:

I joined these forums just to post this.  Very bored on a Sunday evening and for once I decided to take notice of a seque to your sponsor, BuildRedux.

So, clickity click, let's go click some silly numbers and buttons and build a computer!

image.thumb.png.3b3ebafb714ec2933f6fda684c582cd3.png

There are three issues that is quite concerning on their website.  Now I'm all for easy builds for first time and/or inexperienced computer users so the interface is good, not to my liking but good.  But!  First time, new, inexperienced customers probably will not notice the first two issues I have spotted almost instantly.  The third issue is annoying to me and would likely put off a not so new or inexperienced potential customer.

Reveal hidden contents

Issue number one?  The display picture that you can also view in 3D shows a water cooling setup when the supplied CPU cooler is air.  Minor gripe but BuildRedux, pick one!
Issue number two.  That's a lot of fans.  An awful lot of fans, seeing as the case listed is supplied with 4 RGB fans *and* an RGB/Fan controller!
Issue number three.  What if I don't want WiFi?  Or I don't want those extra 4 (and actually unnecessary) fans?  Nope, even though you can edit the build you cannot remove items such as them!

The above issues are a problem.  Customers are potentially being sold items they do not want or even need and in the case of the build I put together in a handful of clicks there is the potential they may not receive the items they pay for.  Each of these came very quickly and raised suspicion and perceivable frustration (in the understanding of other consumers encountering these issues).

The larger issue is this is clearly not a PC building company.  From the word go, their company model is clearly a credit purchase model.  At every point the website is pushing credit usage to buy their products.  Yes, non-credit purchase is possible and straightforward however pushing credit this hard is unpleasant at best.

As Linus despises subscription models (garage door!) I despise both credit pushing and unwanted costs in a similar way.

Hi, has this issue ever been addressed with the company? Specifically, the part about the Wi-Fi card always being included. They provide the option to customize the build, however there is still no way to remove the Wi-fi card. A simple "Connectivity" button in their "cutomize" selection should be easy enough.

image.png.8f21eb5c750b11e2601653cb2c8d51c0.png

I also have my own concerns about their practices.

It is highly suspicious that the Ubuntu Desktop install has an additional $29 upcharge. Of course, someone over there needs to install it, but they also need to do that on the Windows OS. So from my point of view they just hid a $29 setup fee behind another item instead of billing it to their actual "setup fee". Not the worst, but misleading and dishonest.

image.png.ec761715f2adaf5f1113358887950099.png

And as the person before me has already stated, these are WAY too many fans. The pre-installed Cooler Master fans already do an excellent Job as tested by GamersNexus. All of these get replaced by other Cooler Master fans. But even worse, when selecting a Cooler Master AIO which comes supplied with their own Cooler Master fans, you still need to buy the 4xPack even tho there is physically no space for more than 4 Fans. This means in order to get the 360mm AIO, one needs to purchase an additional SEVEN fans that are not used in the build, 6 of which are RGB fans. It is also not clear if you even actually receive those left-over fans.

I'd be nice of you to inquire them about these concerns. The Wi-Fi and Fan issues look very malicious from an outside perspective. And of course very money and resource wasting.

On 11/28/2022 at 9:13 PM, Player_One said:

Hi guys

Sorry for my broken English as you will see this allot 🙂

Linus trying to play good guy but when I see his sponsorship for War Thunder free MMO game I'm just done. Gaijin is Russian base (Hungary now) developer, it far way worst than Blizzard. Player base are threaten like trash and thieves. It will be good if he will try play this crap on F2P account and review it.

Linus please make solid review of War Thunder before you will show them in your videos please.

People are scammed there with every new patch, you will buy new premium vehicle and after week or so (if will sell good) is nerfed to point that you can't play it any more.

Ofc you can't ask for refund, at the moment this is Eldorado and rly hope that law will change, and companies like gaijin will never be able to scam ppl like that.

I understand that devs have life and need to make money, but there pression to pay is on every step.

Regards

Player_One

I have to second to this one - LMG shouldn't affiliate itself with Gaijin Entertainment if you want to keep up to Linus' principles.

War Thunder is doing things such as:

• Pay2Win premium content - sell vehicles that dominate specific ranks in matchmaking while not paying players can barely progress their vehicles in those ranks.
  • Bait&Switch on premium content - Release new vehicles that are explicitly over powered at a rank they are being introduced, then once the sales of those slow down, the amount of those vehicles have saturated the matchmaking, they move the position of those vehicles around to places where they don't have any competitive edge anymore, or they nerf them mechanically for the same effect.
  • Rig the odds of in-game (damage) mechanics so players spend more time in game with the season tasks.
  • Maintain a facade of listening to the players feedback while actually Q&As are obviously questions prepared or cherry picked by the company to be answered in a way that suggest what's next, but never actually address the bigger issues in the game.
  • Since the introduction of seasons two or three years ago, the game is heavily constructed around FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out), where if you want to have unique content that is being added to the game, you have to constantly (every day for few hours) play the season and events.
  • Give out promotional rewards that are supposed to go to the new players, in a way that everyone can claim them, so then they can create a negative premium currency balance on (not a new one) account that is blocking some activities in-game.
  • Moderation on their forums not accepting any critique by the terms of the forums, culling out any constructive critique/cutting off discussions of whats happening in the game when someone shows proof of the game malice

I would want for LMG to research the topic so Linus can ask himself whether he'd want his kids to be playing a game like this and whether he should affiliate himself with such company, by promoting this product.

Btw, I'm not active on the forums but I've heard about this thread watching the WAN show, so there's that. I like that you're doing this and I hope more big channels will afford to do so as well.

Hi,

I used to buy a lot of Samsung kit, however back in 2020 I had a problem with a 49" Samsung monitor that became faulty. I saw that I could rasie this with LTT on here and though I should. Wish I would have known about this sooner as its been a while since the complaint.  I am positive that the monitor would have set on fire if I were not in the room when it became faulty as it was extremely hot when I touched the back of it to check the power cable due to the display not look right as the fault escalated. The monitor was getting hotter and hotter and the smell of burning was extremely bad.  Samsung said that I should not power on the monitor again when I contacted them.

It took them around 7 attempts to collect the monitor and nobody seemed to know if they could provide a box or not for the return. I had to chase all the time which took a lot of my time which I did not have so it took even longer.  Excuse after after excuse for not collecting from Samsung - the whole experience was a joke!

They had zero care and I even ended up with less money than I paid for the monitor after they added an extra £100 when I said it was not enough.

This was after offering me a monitor or monitors to the value of what I paid originally then saying that they had nothing in stock to replace my monitor with! All the monitors I requested were in stock on their site though but apparently they have different stock for replacements of which there was nothing at all available.

As this was during COVID it cost me a lot more to replace the monitor that went faulty!  The monitor was just in the two year warranty period so they seem to think they were doing me a favor.  One of there representatives even tried to say they it was just out of warranty but I proved him wrong, not that it made a difference.

I explained how much kit I buy from them and that I would not be using them ever again and again the had zero care for loosing a customer.  I work in IT so they have lost out more than they think as I stopped buying Samsung products where I worked too! 

The only time they did seem to care is when I explained that I burnt my hand on the monitor as I moved it to check the power cable.  I am an honest person and explained that I was not injured from this and that there was no real burn or lasting issue with my hand. 

If you google Samsung products setting on fire, the internet has plenty of stories about many different products having problems along with horror stories about Samsung support being terrrible!

Each time I see a Samsung sponsor video on LTT it makes me cringe as the outcome of this problem could have been much worse and I can only hope that this is not a wider problem as Samsung do not seem to be a company who care about their customers or would recall a product unless pushed to do so by the relevant authorities!! I hate to think that there is a wider problem and that someone could come of even worse than me due to Samsung's behavior 😞

Unfortunately I still own a couple of Samsung monitors but I never leave them on unless I am in the room and do not use them much because of this. I should not have to worry about this as Samsung should be a brand I can trust!!  I know things can become faulty but as Samsung said I would never hear back about what the problem was with the monitor I will never know if this was a one off issue of something far worse.

I even emailed the CEO who never got back to me and only passed my info on to their exec team who were ever less caring somehow than their support.

It would be great see LTT test Samsung's support, I am in the UK so maybe we get worse support than the USA but it would still be great to find out how they hold up!

Currently Samsung score 1.2 on Trustpilot here in the UK with 90% of reviews being 1 out of 5, I am sure this would be lower if you could score them less than 1!!

Im watching the last episode of the WAN show at the moment & that's why i'm coming here to complain about issues i have with ManScaped website, i still didn't bought from them & everytime i see a manscaped ad with a percentage off with free shipping on your videos i follow the links & i  always have the same error (bug) at the checkout, there's only USA as an option for shipment (i've been catching the ads that says free international shipping of course), i've said it as a comment on one of the videos but never had an answer so when i heard Linus talking about "problems" with sponsors on the show i directly opened the forum to tell you about this.

Thanks guys 😉

I know this has been said, but during Volta’s Giga campaign, I seem to remember a promise of $20 off a new order because of the delays the campaign had, which was mentioned once and then never again. Of course I’m still bitter about being told several times that they could not refund me and cancel my order even though my order hadn’t been shipped; the responses I got were just “the products have been set aside and are waiting to be shipped.” If my order hasn’t shipped then why is it so hard to find it in the warehouse and tell logistics not to ship it and cancel it

On 5/21/2022 at 11:02 AM, SeanLMG said:

Hey all,

Thanks for letting us know with regards to Volta. I just want to confirm, we've stopped all partnerships with Volta and ended our contracted campaign for this year as a result of the poor customer service from these products. We worked with them for quite a long time and had no issues prior to this indiegogo campaign, but the recent developments caused us to take action and stopped running integrations for their products until their customer service can improve to the level of standards we expect from our partners. We'll reevaluate our partnership in the future, but as things currently stand, we won't work with them anymore until these are fixed and made right. 

I was on the Volta website recently and the Linus tech tips recommendation is still on their site, is that going to stay in the hope they get their act together or is that going to be removed 

I also think Manscaped should be pulled, along with many other people in this thread. I purchased their lawnmower and on day 1 it cut me…..

On 1/2/2023 at 12:06 PM, MrTim said:

I also think Manscaped should be pulled, along with many other people in this thread. I purchased their lawnmower and on day 1 it cut me…..

Oh so it might cut my balls just like the 8$ trimmer i bought until i could get the manscaped one? if so, i should better continue with the crappy one & save my money for another thing 🙂

Hey guys, tried both LINUSTECHTIPS code (in all different capitalizations) as well as shortcircuit for the $25 off on Vessi and it says invalid code. Was ready to purchase too. 

EDIT to add: I also used the link in the shortcircuit video, which gives an LTT landing page in Vessi, but no difference. Still no discount. 

23 minutes ago, Bartlebum said:

Hey guys, tried both LINUSTECHTIPS code (in all different capitalizations) as well as shortcircuit for the $25 off on Vessi and it says invalid code. Was ready to purchase too. 

EDIT to add: I also used the link in the shortcircuit video, which gives an LTT landing page in Vessi, but no difference. Still no discount. 

Hey, thanks for your message!

I tried to use the $25 off code myself and it looks like it works no problem:

image.png

It didn't work on their Cloudburst shoe I assume since it's a newer product but maybe try again?

4 hours ago, mynameGeoff said:

Hey, thanks for your message!

I tried to use the $25 off code myself and it looks like it works no problem:

image.png

It didn't work on their Cloudburst shoe I assume since it's a newer product but maybe try again?

Hi,

I tried to use both the LINUSTECHTIPS and SHORTCIRCUIT codes, which have both been featured in videos from the past several days. Both came up as invalid, regardless of which shoes I selected. However, when I changed the locale on the Vessi store site to Canada, the code applied without an issue, just as in the screenshot you posted. In the Canadian site, it is impossible to enter a shipping address outside of Canada, so I this isn't an actual solution. It wasn't made clear that this offer that only works in Canada, so I'm hoping this is an accident on Vessi's part? From the sponsor segments they sound like the kind of shoes I'm looking for so it would be wonderful to get that discount, even in the US.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Also, a note about some of the marketing on their website. While I didn't see this mentioned in any of the sponsor segments, they have an FAQ where they explain that their shoes are waterproof and breathable because "water in vapour form (sweat) and heat can pass through the tiny holes but water molecules are too large to pass." This is not scientifically accurate. Water vapor is just water molecules in the gas phase rather than the liquid phase. I'm sure there is an actual, valid explanation behind their technology (maybe the surface tension of liquid water droplets prevents them from passing through the small holes?) but this isn't it, and having it on their page makes them seem less credible.

Same, I linked my wife to Vessi and told her to use the code. She checked out and told me later that the code didn't work and assumed it was just old, but the code was reiterated in today's video an hour ago.

30 minutes ago, Aribot said:

Hi,

I tried to use both the LINUSTECHTIPS and SHORTCIRCUIT codes, which have both been featured in videos from the past several days. Both came up as invalid, regardless of which shoes I selected. However, when I changed the locale on the Vessi store site to Canada, the code applied without an issue, just as in the screenshot you posted. In the Canadian site, it is impossible to enter a shipping address outside of Canada, so I this isn't an actual solution. It wasn't made clear that this offer that only works in Canada, so I'm hoping this is an accident on Vessi's part? From the sponsor segments they sound like the kind of shoes I'm looking for so it would be wonderful to get that discount, even in the US.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Also, a note about some of the marketing on their website. While I didn't see this mentioned in any of the sponsor segments, they have an FAQ where they explain that their shoes are waterproof and breathable because "water in vapour form (sweat) and heat can pass through the tiny holes but water molecules are too large to pass." This is not scientifically accurate. Water vapor is just water molecules in the gas phase rather than the liquid phase. I'm sure there is an actual, valid explanation behind their technology (maybe the surface tension of liquid water droplets prevents them from passing through the small holes?) but this isn't it, and having it on their page makes them seem less credible.

2 minutes ago, nineclicks said:

Same, I linked my wife to Vessi and told her to use the code. She checked out and told me later that the code didn't work and assumed it was just old, but the code was reiterated in today's video an hour ago.

Interesting, definitely a backend issue on Vessi's end.

I'll message my contact and see what they can do to get this resolved. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

On 5/20/2022 at 6:08 PM, PeachGr said:

Manscapped lawnmower 3.0 

I bought that, and it stopped working after 1 use. I contacted support and they be sent me a replacement that died after 2 weeks. Now the third died on my hands after about 6 months. I have used it normally, charged it at low wattage and I m really really careful on cleaning it with water. Arm I have 3 e waste products at home.

Also when you but it, there is a hidden subscription for about 10€ per month for a useless part (blades)

Photo of their waterproof. I ve washed it a few times in low pressure water from a sink. They did a good job keeping the water inside I guess

IMG_20220521_085333.jpg

manscaped is garbage in regard to the level of what they market it to, "premium" it's a blatantly average product at best. No different to the stuff you can get at any supermarket/mall/brick and mortar store level.

Need to jank something? Cardboard, velcro, painters' tape & gorilla double sided 3M tape are your best friends. Ask me how i know. 

CPU: 5800X3D Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX x570-E Gaming Wifi ii RAM: 2x 16gig G.Skill 3600mhz CL14 GPU: ASUS TUF OC V2 3080 Case: LianLi Mesh 2, 6x Noctua NF-F12 PPC PWM 120mm 3000rpm fans, 2x Noctua A12x25 PWM 120mm 2000rpm fans, 2x Noctua NF-A4x20 PWM 40mm 5000rpm fans Storage: Samsung M.2 NVME 970 EVO Plus 500gig (OS), Samsung M.2 NVME 970 EVO Plus 1TB PSU: Silverstone Strider Platinum 850w 80plus platinum Display(s) (Main Display) Samsung Odyssey G50A, MSI Optix G27C2 Cooling: Noctua NH-U12A Keyboard: Logitech g915 TKL Mouse: Logitech g502 HERO Sound: Sennheiser GSP 670 Operating System: Windows 10

4 hours ago, Madmaximus01 said:

manscaped is garbage in regard to the level of what they market it to, "premium" it's a blatantly average product at best. No different to the stuff you can get at any supermarket/mall/brick and mortar store level.

At least it's a convenient all in one package that gets straight to your door.

Anyway the guy washed an electronic device with water and it and died.

A lot of phones are marketed as water resistant -Would you put your phone in water just because of those claims?

Not to mention that a lot of people have damaged these water resistant phones with water damage.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 hour ago, Vishera said:

Anyway the guy washed an electronic device with water and it and died.

A lot of phones are marketed as water resistant -Would you put your phone in water just because of those claims?

Not to mention that a lot of people have damaged these water resistant phones with water damage.

I have washed a lot of phones and been fine, not recommended and not soaked. Although one bad spot and rip.

Also with manscaped, all of their machines seem to be inferior in every way, small, weak motor which leads to weak cuts or pulling, to marketing basic features as "upgrades". Maybe they have some good products, just so long that LTT doesnt recommend from a false experience of the product, that is so often in these sponsor segments "using it all the time", "my daily driver!". Hate that being allowed, seen that for games too, "the game shadow... join my clan!".

Edited by Quackers101