LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter
13 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

So racism is wrong sometimes, but okay other times?

Idk why you're getting defensive. I said "It's less controversial" to make fun of white people; that's just a fact. I also said "two things can be wrong at the same time," which you left out of your quote. Thanks for that.

To the other people who quoted me and decided to make this about white people, I'm not going to bother responding because you've missed the point and are going away from the problem being discussed. The point of my original post was that dbrand is in the wrong for the tweet (which they've now admitted), and Linus is wrong to use prejudice behaviour against one group of people as justification for that behaviour against another group.

8 minutes ago, Cev said:

Idk why you're getting defensive. I said "It's less controversial" to make fun of white people; that's just a fact. I also said "two things can be wrong at the same time," which you left out of your quote. Thanks for that.

To the other people who quoted me and decided to make this about white people, I'm not going to bother responding because you've missed the point and are going away from the problem being discussed. The point of my original post was that dbrand is in the wrong for the tweet (which they've now admitted), and Linus is wrong to use prejudice behaviour against one group of people as justification for that behaviour against another group.

I think its moreso, its "okay" to make fun of your own race, and not others. 

10 hours ago, djksm said:

But linus is a public figure that actually smart people know about

that doesn't make any sense at all

9 hours ago, Erioch said:

The only way his response would've been even more "Linus" would've been to slip in a mention of his merch.

"When your favorite overpriced sticker brand is acting up, we understand the need for your own overpriced stickers. That's why we've created our own overpriced sticker line. Now featuring plagerism!"

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

8 hours ago, Cev said:

It's not less controversial, less people just do it. And even if not, it shouldn't be less controversial. 

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

Pulseway

The product is OK, it mostly does what they say it does.  I've used a couple products in this category, and Pulseway is comparable to what is offered by others.

Problems:

- Billing, difficult to pay them other than by credit card (Canada)

- Billing, double billing and harassment for "unpaid" second invoice.

- Scheduling way too many meetings with no strict objective other than to squeeze you for information and to sell additional products.  I'm not sure if all their account managers are the same but Wafaa was particularly egregious.  I told her that I was not comfortable disclosing information about our IT infrastructure and told her I needed to end the meeting.   I later reached out to Wafaa regarding being harassed (emails, voicemails) by their accounts people asking me to pay again for the services that were already paid for in full.  The emailed response was that it was not acceptable for me to "hang up" on her.  I stated in this meeting that I was uncomfortable continuing and that I was ending the meeting.

I'm really questioning why they keep pushing for so much information about our business and infrastructure.  I'm not sure if I trust Pulseway to not be harvesting our data in some manner because they seem to be trying to categorize our business based on the line of questioning.  At best, they are just pushy sales focused staff and if you try and avoid these types of time wasting sales calls, beware of Pulseway.

PIA

I've seen on the WAN SHOW that LMG was open to work with PIA again.

I have nothing against that, but I've wanted to point out that PIA's service has become awful with time.

Captcha everywhere, blocked my many services, and slow connection on most nodes during the day. I've used PIA for 3 years - 24/7 on OpenWRT - and witnessed how their service worsened year after year.

I have nothing against PIA themselves, but I suggest taking a look at their subreddit to see how many people are complaining before making a decision. And maybe considering better services. Maybe Nord.

Actually, the best VPN I've tried were Speedify and ESET VPN. More than 100 Mbps, up to 1 Gbps on some nodes. Consistant performance. However, none of them have OpenVPN configs (maybe that's what makes them that good).

I hope my insight will be useful.

1 hour ago, Jahus said:

Captcha everywhere, blocked my many services,

These two are most likely because some of their customers or if they have free tier, those users. CAPTCHA, especially on CF sites, comes if there's unusually high number of bots coming from that IP. Services blocking IP is something they do to VPNs. So there, looks like they like money over improvements.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Not a sponsor thing, but from today's video, please don't actually have links to LinuxFX, it's basically malware and should not be trusted

1 minute ago, QwertyChouskie said:

Not a sponsor thing, but from today's video, please don't actually have links to LinuxFX, it's basically malware and should not be trusted

I haven’t seen the latest video, but I assume most of the audience is smart enough to also know that.

About dbrand. Racial innuendos are bad but that's nowhere near the worst they've done, their Twitter page is one of the most toxic cesspools I've seen, and no, not ONE of their "jokes" is funny, in fact most of them are disgusting and targeted at people's appearance (the lowest possible you can go) or implying people who complain are mentally challenged, retarded, being blunt, I'm quoting them as they have no issue with constantly using that word... now I usually don't seriously complain about that behaviour, it's pretty stupid and childish and I see it all the time in cesspools like *chans, reddit, etc. the problem is this not random users in an imageboard, it's a corporation that's PAYING employees to be toxic online.

Do you really think they offered $10K to the guy just like that and it wasn't another of their jokes? of course not, it was bait as they also have employees that shit on users via email, seen a few screenshots of people receiving faulty/damaged stuff and the email responses were "LOL get fucked moron" or "not our problem USPS is incompetent, go cry somewhere else", you can look that up on Twitter there's hundreds of examples of this.

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.

4 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Do you really think they offered $10K to the guy just like that and it wasn't another of their jokes? of course not, it was bait as they also have employees that shit on users via email, seen a few screenshots of people receiving faulty/damaged stuff and the email responses were "LOL get fucked moron" or "not our problem USPS is incompetent, go cry somewhere else", you can look that up on Twitter there's hundreds of examples of this.

Do you really think Durand would be that stupid?

Plus, the guy that they spoke out against is on Twitter. If he didn’t receive what they said, he likely would’ve called them out.

26 minutes ago, QwertyChouskie said:

Main channel videos get their own threads. Please post feedback to there. It's more likely that those who worked on the video see it.

Your notion has been posted by others there.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, GoStormPlays said:

Do you really think Durand would be that stupid?

Is that a trick question?

6 minutes ago, Erioch said:

Is that a trick question?

ok fair point

(a little late)

I find this rather amusing, me when I was at peak fitness I weighed 240lbs could I could not use one of these chairs. fAter I got out of the service I have averaged 260-280lbs so I guess I will never be able a suitable customer for a Secret labs chair. 🤷‍♂️

image.png.1897da72a4e5b8c5e3ff22b49a9d5951.png

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Hey, I wanted to touch base and say I am very disturbed and concerned about DBrand and the their recent behaviours (making racist comments on a person name on twitter when they lodged a legitimate complaint, as well as more concerning issues where they tried to extort a YouTuber who made a mistake, tried to own up to it and make things right and when watching the podcast (Genius Bar) they tried to get him to send CAD files for two years and then manipulated him to make it look like he bought 1000 dollars of product. Watch the most recent episode of Genius Bar where they showed screenshots of the conversation on twitter from December 2022. On top of that, they have been racist and doubled down on their arrogance/racism and made it sound like they did the guy a favour. 

https://youtu.be/qn_9ktoO1tU?si=NXoGOBSL6sfRpHAA

I know the current dbrand controversy is mostly resolved from the LTT side. But I was listening to the Genius Bar's coverage of the issue and a really weird/problematic interaction Sam Kohl (Appletrack) had with dbrand came to light (minute 36 onwards). Not sure if people are aware of it. Would love to hear any discussion on the matter.

5 hours ago, TheR0CKA said:

I know the current dbrand controversy is mostly resolved from the LTT side. But I was listening to the Genius Bar's coverage of the issue and a really weird/problematic interaction Sam Kohl (Appletrack) had with dbrand came to light (minute 36 onwards). Not sure if people are aware of it. Would love to hear any discussion on the matter.

Man, how do you even watch these guys?  Beard's voice is so freakin' annoying.

And yelling into your mic isn't great for listeners (I'm also talking to you WAN Show).

I'd also like to point out, the first large brand partners to defend Dbrand were both caucasian, and the one that had a problem with the racism (whether intended or not) was a POC.  Only then did Dbrand bend the knee because it affected their income, after saying over and over they wouldn't. I think it makes it 100% clear that they are morally wrong and only care about money. 

I personally think they should've just dirty deleted the tweet, and went in dms and gave him a free new sticker for his laptop. 

If it matters, I am biracial (half Mexican / half white).

8 hours ago, Erioch said:

Man, how do you even watch these guys?  Beard's voice is so freakin' annoying.

And yelling into your mic isn't great for listeners (I'm also talking to you WAN Show).

I agree, the guy had a bit of annoying voice.

For those who don't really want to watch all of it; at least skip to 1:01:24 [the tl;dr up to that point, the guy used a sound/music that dbrand has made and dbrand called him out and he has at this point offered to credit them] and try to watch to 1:07:07 mark

Honestly, though that message is terrible...like seriously anyone at least look at that set of DM's that were posted.  That is outright asking someone initially to hand over things that would be under an NDA [only to respond 6 minutes later after seeing it was read without a response].  Actually I'd argue that what dbrand might be illegal, whether it's the attempt at corporate espionage of trade secrets, to them outright asking him to pay after he complied with what they already agreed upon [it's definitely at least an abuse of power].

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

Hello everyone,

Going forward, we will be locking the “LMG Sponsor Complaints” thread. Instead, sponsor complaints can be posted as individual, standalone threads in the LMG Sponsor Discussion subforum.

Please follow these steps when making complaints regarding sponsors.

1. Create a New Thread.

1. Title of the post/thread should be “[Name of Brand] - [Summary of Complaint]”

• The brand should be a current sponsor.

1. Did this issue happen to you or someone else?

1. Describe your issue.

1. Have you tried solving your issue through the brand’s customer support channels? If so, what was the result?

1. What would an ideal resolution of your issue look like? Please include any supplementary photos to add context and clarity.

The reason for the change came after asking ourselves what we believed the thread was for, as well as wanting to keep things a bit organized. In short, our job here is to ensure the brands we work with look after our community. 

We aim to work with the best brands that we can. However, that doesn’t mean we agree with every single employee, policy, or action from that brand. We are not the moral overseers of the tech world. For example, if Apple approached us with a sponsorship for ShortCircuit, we would be open to it, despite having issues with their business model in the past (Eg. Their right to repair policy).

We want to keep the focus on helping our community members reach resolutions with sponsors they may have problems with. This means keeping a focus on those that are customers of brands we work with. We also want to make sure that the proper channels have been followed before coming to us for assistance.

This new formatting will add clarity and help us keep track of problems on a brand by brand basis. This makes it easier for account leads to reference issues when we talk with our brands. It allows us to direct our contacts to one spot to assist where they can, while we monitor the conversation so we can monitor until we see the brand find a solution we find reasonable.

When we work with brands, our scripts and talking points must properly portray a product. If the product is something that you do not like or wish to purchase, that is totally up to you. If enough people aren’t interested and don’t buy from a sponsor, they won’t want to work with us in the end anyway. Being disinterested in a product does not merit a post in this subforum.

Our goal has never been to burn bridges with brands. Just because we’ve stepped away from sponsors doesn’t mean we’ve cut communication with them. We believe it’s beneficial for everyone if we work with the brand to fix whatever it was that made us step away from them. Some things we know take more time, such as full-on platform changes or reworking customer support systems. We care more that the brand is doing right by its customers and striving to fix issues, rather than “fix it now.” If we see enough improvement from a brand, we are open to resuming partnership with them. Our company isn’t perfect, and our brand partners aren’t always perfect. We care more about seeing improvement, and our partners taking care of the community.

The purpose of this update is to clarify what the Sponsor Complaints thread is for and to cut down on posts that make it harder for us to help you. This board is a place for problems and solutions. To reiterate what Colton’s original post on the thread says: 

This thread is focused on sponsor complaints related to personal product purchases, or first-hand experiences with one of LMG’s active sponsors. We will make every effort to help address these issues, but please note that we can’t respond to and help with everything, and some resolutions will take significant amounts of time to resolve. 

While LMG greatly appreciates and respects community input, we reserve the right to partner with the companies we feel right promoting. We'd like to thank everyone for all the support.”

Any posts that do not follow the guidelines outlined in this post are subject to removal.