I Let My Wife Down... New House Update

jakkuh_t

i bet the girls are gonna regret their choice of decor in their rooms in a few years lol

Specs: 11700 | RTX 3060 | 32gb 3200mhz | 1tb 970 + 2TB HDD | Lian Li O11D Mini X Black

I'm 15 and live in the US

4 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

He’d probably have to fight Dennis for the basement. 

Jake gets the basement, Dennis gets the attic.

1 hour ago, cat milker said:

i bet the girls are gonna regret their choice of decor in their rooms in a few years lol

No big deal, that's what paint is for!

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

9 hours ago, Dracarris said:

best part is where Yvonne comments that the mosaic in the kitchen isn't modern enough.

Women complain about everythink.

normal in NA.

thank god we dont have such a crap here...

From AT. :x

6 hours ago, Required said:

Women complain about everythink.

thank god we dont have such a crap here...

Outdoor shoes in doors was done because of ongoing renovations. I believe the USA might do it but in Canada unless it's something like workers carrying appliances in or out of the house it's definitely not normal to wear outdoor shoes inside and if you do that as a kid your parents will probably remind you to not get snow, mud or dirt on the floor.

Though it is normal to wear outdoor shoes at school. With the exception maybe of Kindergarten and Elementary School(ages 4-12)

2 hours ago, Ultraforce said:

Though it is normal to wear outdoor shoes at school.

Here not. Only for the higher education

I know it might have been said so many times, but I love it when Yvonne comes on camera, her presence is great. I would love more content like that. 😄

14 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Jake gets the basement, Dennis gets the attic.

No big deal, that's what paint is for!

dennis fall thru the attic into the basement....

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

20 hours ago, Ultraforce said:

For door, other than the whole gold colouring, what's so crazy about it.

If it's about the whole indent thing,

Yeah that "indent" thing that is literally everywhere in every NA house of every age. Seriously it looks so darn old-fashioned, outdated and fake. Yes there are sidings here too, but they are flat and clean, as most surfaces tend to be. Like in the homes of Sarah and Riley, the so called "hipsters" and design people.

20 hours ago, Middcore said:

The "siding" is called wainscoting and it's actually extremely fashionable in newer/upscale homes right now.

I can't grasp how sth looking so old-fashioned can be so popular when there are options like this:
piatti-kuechen-003 - BM&P AG - Erlinsbach

Neue Köche für die Forster Küchen | SchreinerZeitung – Informatives und  Aktuelles rund um die Branche

20 hours ago, Middcore said:

But where would we be without pretentious Europeans passing judgment on how gauche the decor in our massive North American houses is as they huddle in their little flats? 😜 Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of all my square footage! (And yes, we still use square footage as a measurement, seethe about it. 😘

Well, quantity over quality, that seems to be a leitmotif over there.. we prefer to have it the other way round, with properly built houses, aka not out of wood and cardboard.

And among all the bad units, square feet ranks among the worst.

19 hours ago, crazzp said:

I know there are lots of people monitoring their homes through cctv.

Making sure elderly parents are okay and not fallen down in the toilet, babies sleeping soundly in another room, pets not destorying the place, domestic helper not abusing toddlers, there's a huge market for that. Not sure if you're aware.

So let me get this straight, you want to put a camera that's pointing towards the loo? Great idea! How about walking there and knocking in case you haven't heard in a while from grandma? For babies there are literally babyphones as a temporary monitoring solution - great fun when they eventually grow up and you have a camera in a teenagers room.

And if you have to suspect your domestic helper of doing such things it's probably time to get a new one. In any case have I never experienced any occassion where in-house CCTV would've made a significant difference.

17 hours ago, swaee said:

You don't see the use in having internal SECURITY cameras in a house full of expensive tech in case someone breaks in? Really?

I hope you don't fool yourself and think that having cameras on burglars that already entered the house helps in any way.. Monitoring outsides and the perimeter makes sense for these issues.

14 minutes ago, Dracarris said:

I can't grasp how sth looking so old-fashioned can be so popular when there are options like this:

Why would people who actually have money want to live in rooms that look like Ikea displays? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Getting those kitty stickers off the wall after a few years sounds a lot like "famous last words" - therefore, might I suggest an alternative solution for the kids' rooms. Yvonne designed a series of interior spaces for LMG that included some backlighting, and I was thinking something similar could be done here.

I propose the LMG workshop laser cut moderately-sized pieces of wood into mural cutouts, which can be attached to the wall on pegboard mounts. These pieces can be modular, to act as physical storytelling, and Yvonne could detail them using UV paint... in turn, they would be visible in the daytime whilst illuminate at night. If you ever moved again you could, then, simply take them with you.

50 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Why would people who actually have money want to live in rooms that look like Ikea displays?

If you think this is IKEA you have literally no clue. And it just further stresses my point that the only interface point with modern interior design people in NA have is IKEA, a European company. What you associate with Ikea has nothing to do with the brand per se - it's simply modern interior design.

Why would someone with money want to live in rooms that look like a cheap knock-off castle?

1 hour ago, Dracarris said:

Yeah that "indent" thing that is literally everywhere in every NA house of every age. Seriously it looks so darn old-fashioned, outdated and fake. Yes there are sidings here too, but they are flat and clean, as most surfaces tend to be. Like in the homes of Sarah and Riley, the so called "hipsters" and design people.

No its not everywhere in North America, plain drywall, or drywall with baseboard is much more common, wainscoating siding is mostly a thing in expensive high end houses. That chandelier is kinda tacky, though I don't see what is weird with the door knobs.

Design preference is subjective, the first image looks too cold and boring, the second one is better but they both look like a house most people wouldn't really live in.

Well, quantity over quality, that seems to be a leitmotif over there.. we prefer to have it the other way round, with properly built houses, aka not out of wood and cardboard.

And among all the bad units, square feet ranks among the worst.

Its because people in North America actually own their houses, making homes from brick or cement would be ridiculously expensive.

30 minutes ago, Dracarris said:

If you think this is IKEA you have literally no clue. And it just further stresses my point that the only interface point with modern interior design people in NA have is IKEA, a European company. What you associate with Ikea has nothing to do with the brand per se - it's simply modern interior design.

Why would someone with money want to live in rooms that look like a cheap knock-off castle?

Why would I spend lots of money to achieve a result which looks indistinguishable from what they sell at the place people go for cheap college dorm knick-knacks? To pat myself on the back that my home has "modern interior design" and looks exactly the same as everyone else with correct and up to date taste?

When you have a house, you can decorate it however you want, and if you think anybody would even give a shit you can post a video of it on the internet and bask in the approval of everybody else living in a soulless hipster douche temple to the minimalist ideal. Until then, your sneering comments about matters of subjective personal taste in a home you don't live in just make you look like a smug jerk.

20 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Its because people in North America actually own their houses, making homes from brick or cement would be ridiculously expensive.

My house is made of brick, thanks very much. However, if I lived in a different part of the country, that could actually be a detriment to its durability. Europeans who think an hour's drive is a long journey typically have no concept of how vast North America is, and make silly generalizations. Depending on region buildings in NA have to withstand things they don't dream of in Europe. But people in European cities who live in tottering many-times-repurposed relics think their buildings are durable because they're too "historic" to be torn down and there's no room to build anything new. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

piatti-kuechen-003 - BM&P AG - Erlinsbach

Neue Köche für die Forster Küchen | SchreinerZeitung – Informatives und  Aktuelles rund um die Branche

Honestly to me those feel kind of creepy and fake. Though I also have spent my whole life with a gas stove, so those styles of oven and stove top feel wrong to me. There's also that Brick and stone both age better, and I think honestly look better than aluminum siding or cement. While I can appreciate the idea of minimalism, if you have a decent quantity of quality stuff or even if you don't a house that's set up in a way that feels lived in is nice in my mind. Having there be some character and nice more natural coloured flooring is good.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/72/90/4c729043602529f155b3916445a3d5b5.jpg

3 hours ago, Dracarris said:

I hope you don't fool yourself and think that having cameras on burglars that already entered the house helps in any way.. Monitoring outsides and the perimeter makes sense for these issues.

So having additional evidence of anything or everything that is damaged or stolen for a police report or insurance claim doesn't help in any way. Got it.

On 4/28/2022 at 10:00 PM, Middcore said:

actually extremely fashionable in newer/upscale homes right now.

You must be a real estate agent.  

This is an old timey classic, not popular with anyone under 50 at this point.  If you want to add to that fashion you can wallpaper the top part too.  Bleh. 

Clean lines are all the rage here in Canada these days. I could do without the asymmetry but it's a small consolation.  You don't have to be a minimalist though, a white background allows for seasonal colour changes with the decor and the walls can hold a multitude of pictures or art of all sizes.

Home is what you make it, no matter what continent, just do you! 

4 hours ago, Dracarris said:

So let me get this straight, you want to put a camera that's pointing towards the loo? Great idea! How about walking there and knocking in case you haven't heard in a while from grandma? For babies there are literally babyphones as a temporary monitoring solution - great fun when they eventually grow up and you have a camera in a teenagers room.

And if you have to suspect your domestic helper of doing such things it's probably time to get a new one. In any case have I never experienced any occassion where in-house CCTV would've made a significant difference.

1. Camera point at entrance/walkways, not inside loo you dense. 

2. You can always dismantle the camera when they are teenagers. what are you talking about?
3. There are many cases of domestic helper abuse, where have you been all your life? Deterrence is good.

Let me give you scenario and let me know what you'll do. I always do check in with my elderly parent every morning when I am at work and they just wake up. So if one day they did not reply you, what are you going to do? Rush home? Or simply check the CCTVs remotely? 

5 hours ago, Middcore said:

Why would I spend lots of money to achieve a result which looks indistinguishable from what they sell at the place people go for cheap college dorm knick-knacks? To pat myself on the back that my home has "modern interior design" and looks exactly the same as everyone else with correct and up to date taste?

Well it just doesn‘t look like that at all, it just shows how ignorant you are. Calling this indistinguishable from Ikea is just next level ignorant. Calling it „hipster douche“ even further proves my point.

5 hours ago, Middcore said:

My house is made of brick, thanks very much. However, if I lived in a different part of the country, that could actually be a detriment to its durability.

Ah, ye old fairytale about the durable wood and cardboard houses.

And nobody is talking about brick, but reinforced concrete. Withstands basically everything. Yes is more expensive to build, but do it properly and keep it for long. And such houses are also commonly owned.

2 hours ago, crazzp said:

1. Camera point at entrance/walkways, not inside loo you dense

Then how do you see if grandma fell down the loo?

There are many cases of domestic helper abuse, where have you been all your life? Deterrence is good.

Dunno. Somewhere where there are not that many bad people? Where do you live that such horrible things are so common? Again I don‘t want to have any people in my home I have the urge to regularly check/control.

So if one day they did not reply you, what are you going to do? Rush home? Or simply check the CCTVs remotely? 

Call them? If they don‘t pick up, go home to check on them. What do you do if they are in an area that is not covered by CCTV?

a European company.

Well here in good old Europe there are MANY different Styles start from Portugal over Greece to Norway.

9 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

ääähhh.... sorry my Family own a House to made out of Real thick Austrian Bricks. My Dad even (help) Build it by his own Hand.
This is not an good argument. By the way even we dont have to pay Rent we must repair stuff to who is also not cheap to.

9 hours ago, Middcore said:

But people in European cities who live in tottering many-times-repurposed relics think their buildings are durable because they're too "historic" to be torn down and there's no room to build anything new. 

Sorry you should visit my City called Vienna (yes the original one...) and I show you the Building who shoot out of the Ground like Mushrooms. Depend on the Country here in my after WW2 there where not much Building left who could be life in. And life in an historic Building is a pain!

9 hours ago, Ultraforce said:

There's also that Brick and stone both age better

OMG! Why is the Wall not Thermally Isolated? The Heating bill must be insane...

6 hours ago, crazzp said:

There are many cases of domestic helper abuse, where have you been all your life?

Who even can afford an "domestic helper" ? I guess Linus is on a good way to the Top 10.000 in Canada.

But the rest of the People (I guess) never think about a "domestic helper".

6 hours ago, crazzp said:

So if one day they did not reply you, what are you going to do?

What People in my Country do simply call the Police or Medic for an check. If nobody replay the open the Door and see if something happen.

12 hours ago, Heliian said:

You must be a real estate agent. 

This is an old timey classic, not popular with anyone under 50 at this point.  If you want to add to that fashion you can wallpaper the top part too.  Bleh.

Bro, those are like pretty much the only people who can afford homes in America (and probably Canada) so yes when they say it's popular and you say only old people like it....well duh! Walk in showers and baths are popular too lol.

Why do I feel like Jake is actually moving in with them? 🤣

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

2 hours ago, Ezzy-525 said:

Why do I feel like Jake is actually moving in with them? 🤣

Throuple