I Let My Wife Down... New House Update

jakkuh_t

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

At some point during the video I actually questioned whether Jake is gonna move in with them and just live in the gaming room.

If you found my answer to your post helpful, be sure to react or mark it as solution 😄

If anyone has seen "Ozark" on Netflix, I'm imagining Jake as the character of Buddy... he's just gonna live in the basement of their new place!

Why do NA houses always have to have these ornaments everywhere and try to mimmick sth like a baroque castle?

The only one having sth decently modern was Rileys "Hipster" flat/house.

image.thumb.png.f1f37707f930fc54cb7a5a989b514a41.pngimage.thumb.png.80f8542a8d2fc5fdb888f8435adde595.pngimage.png.a1ac517bdaeaf6927d0865b150d67e7a.png

10 minutes ago, Dracarris said:

Why do NA houses always have to have these ornaments everywhere and try to mimmick sth like a baroque castle?

image.thumb.png.f1f37707f930fc54cb7a5a989b514a41.pngimage.thumb.png.80f8542a8d2fc5fdb888f8435adde595.pngimage.png.a1ac517bdaeaf6927d0865b150d67e7a.png

true its unbelievably tacky  

10 minutes ago, petor123 said:

true its unbelievably tacky  

there were so many examples in this video.. best part is where Yvonne comments that the mosaic in the kitchen isn't modern enough. What.

Also, who puts surveillance cams all over the inside of their house?

And apparently the first names of their kids are no classified? The more you know..

57 minutes ago, Required said:

Edit: And who wear outdoor Shoes indoor ?!

that's an easy one, apparently normal in NA.

But where's Jake's room? He was way too excited about all the tech toys for this to just be a job for the boss...

1 hour ago, Dracarris said:

And apparently the first names of their kids are no classified? The more you know..

I don't think Linus or Yvonne have ever referred to their kids by name on-camera, and that's a very good thing. Sure they've all made the occasional cameo or appeared alongside Linus once in a while, but that's enough. Knowing what we know about the Internet, keeping their private lives as private as possible is the right call. 

If any of the kids want to start appearing in LTT videos regularly, that should be their informed decision to make when they're old enough to understand the responsibilities and drawbacks of being a public figure. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 hours ago, Required said:

Edit: And who wear outdoor Shoes indoor ?!

The renovation is still ongoing, cardboard are still on the floor which means it's dusty AF. Everyone wears shoes into a house under renovation. 

13 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

I don't think Linus or Yvonne have ever referred to their kids by name on-camera, and that's a very good thing. Sure they've all made the occasional cameo or appeared alongside Linus once in a while, but that's enough. Knowing what we know about the Internet, keeping their private lives as private as possible is the right call.

Hm. I generally agree with you. BUT. Their kids are on the internetz and social media already a lot. That's much more than the occasional cameo. There are full videos with them, there are many family photos on Twitter - and: He even did sponsorship ads with his kids, he literally used them for monetization of his videos. If you want to keep your kids out of the internet and not show their private lives: Do not act like that. I'm highly doubting that keeping their first names private makes any difference at this point.

3 minutes ago, Dracarris said:

Hm. I generally agree with you. BUT. Their kids are on the internetz and social media already a lot. That's much more than the occasional cameo. There are full videos with them, there are many family photos on Twitter - and: He even did sponsorship ads with his kids, he literally used them for monetization of his videos. If you want to keep your kids out of the internet and not show their private lives: Do not act like that. I'm highly doubting that keeping their first names private makes any difference at this point.

it's just to make things a little bit harder for potential stalkers. Sure with enough googling, you can easily find out everything, but every little bit of obstacle helps to demotivate 

2 hours ago, Dracarris said:

there were so many examples in this video.. best part is where Yvonne comments that the mosaic in the kitchen isn't modern enough. What.

If you didnt already know, taste is very subjective.

Also, many people put cameras inside their house. To monitor their elderly parents, kids, pets, domestic helpers etc. Come on, open up your mind. 

5 minutes ago, crazzp said:

If you didnt already know, taste is very subjective.

That wasn't the point. I was more wondering why seemingly a full continent likes to have their houses looking castle-alike.

5 minutes ago, crazzp said:

Also, many people put cameras inside their house. To monitor their elderly parents, kids, pets, domestic helpers etc. Come on, open up your mind. 

Erm. I don't think monitoring the named should be done through CCTV and somehow everyone I know mangages just fine without putting a surveillance system into their homes.

3 hours ago, Dracarris said:

They mentioned the chandelier being a bit much, but there's the fact that for the house they need a light fixture that isn't right up against the ceiling and the chandelier was already there. For door, other than the whole gold colouring, what's so crazy about it.

If it's about the whole indent thing, I am pretty sure even in Europe most houses the doors and the bottom of the walls tend to have some form of siding. I imagine the waist height ones were from the previous owner and honestly don't look bad.

44 minutes ago, Dusty The Lion Esq. said:

So when are they going to sign the adoption papers for Jake?

He’d probably have to fight Dennis for the basement. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

28 minutes ago, Ultraforce said:

They mentioned the chandelier being a bit much, but there's the fact that for the house they need a light fixture that isn't right up against the ceiling and the chandelier was already there. For door, other than the whole gold colouring, what's so crazy about it.

If it's about the whole indent thing, I am pretty sure even in Europe most houses the doors and the bottom of the walls tend to have some form of siding. I imagine the waist height ones were from the previous owner and honestly don't look bad.

The "siding" is called wainscoting and it's actually extremely fashionable in newer/upscale homes right now.

But where would we be without pretentious Europeans passing judgment on how gauche the decor in our massive North American houses is as they huddle in their little flats? 😜 Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of all my square footage! (And yes, we still use square footage as a measurement, seethe about it. 😘

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

@LinusTech

Your wife is right, that wall is blue tinted OR your color grading during editing has something askew. On both my crappy Samsung TV and my Dell S2718D (which are color corrected via DisplayCAL with a Spyder4Pro) I see a very obvious blue tint on that wall from the perspective of the camera. It's even stronger on my Dell which has better colors than my TV. Some people are more blue sensitive than others, possible that your wife and myself suffer the same sensitivity and you just do not. For me that blue tint would drive me crazy, a warmer white will do the trick which is what I've gone with throughout my house. It's less harsh on my eyes and no one else but me notices that it's not white white being just a shade warmer (yellower).

Or your editing staff intentionally altered the colors in that scene as a gag!

Erm. I don't think monitoring the named should be done through CCTV and somehow everyone I know mangages just fine without putting a surveillance system into their homes.

I know there are lots of people monitoring their homes through cctv.

Making sure elderly parents are okay and not fallen down in the toilet, babies sleeping soundly in another room, pets not destorying the place, domestic helper not abusing toddlers, there's a huge market for that. Not sure if you're aware.

Erm. I don't think monitoring the named should be done through CCTV 

Cool. It's not your house. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Shoutout accidental boob grab:

image.thumb.png.ef6e795c7130df51911b93d8f874ee3d.png

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

5 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Shoutout accidental boob grab:

image.thumb.png.ef6e795c7130df51911b93d8f874ee3d.png

I can tell you when I grab my wife's boobs there is nothing accidental about it. 

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

The "siding" is called wainscoting and it's actually extremely fashionable in newer/upscale homes right now.

But where would we be without pretentious Europeans passing judgment on how gauche the decor in our massive North American houses is as they huddle in their little flats? 😜 Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of all my square footage! (And yes, we still use square footage as a measurement, seethe about it. 😘

Ah, didn't know the name, but yeah I believe I've seen it in relatives houses, and honestly I like the look of it. Though I don't hate the chandelier even honestly especially from what they showed of how the house looked pre-reno it seems like it fit in with that earlier style. Though I imagine with the new homeowners style having it be a black chandelier or something would have made it fit a bit better, given they spray-painted one of the fireplaces even. Same thing with the handle honestly, I don't think it necessarily looks super tacky. Though I also liked some of the stuff from what they showed pre-reno as I'm a big fan of Edwardian/turn of the century houses so the colouration of some of the rooms before is what I prefer but I can totally see how for Linus and Yvonne they don't necessarily fit in with a house that has a cabinet of curiosities and the original set up didn't fully embrace that either.

5 hours ago, Dracarris said:

I dont blame them at all. Glad they aren’t those terrible parents forcing their kids to be in videos. I just wonder if they will go back and remove their kids from past videos.  

I just wish they would have told us the color names/numbers. I really want to know what color their entry walls and floor stain is. 

You could take a look at QSC QSYS, for controlling the mediaroom, Yvonne will thank you after this, totally custom UI and possibilities are end less

Greeting from the Netherlands

Gino P

6 hours ago, Dracarris said:

You don't see the use in having internal SECURITY cameras in a house full of expensive tech in case someone breaks in? Really?