Pc Myths: Does RGB actually help performance and such?

Everywhere I go to ask, everybody says the same thing. Red for performance. Blue for lower temps. Green for efficiency.

Is this some big pcmr meme that I am to dumb to understand or is it true.

Cuz If so Im loading my pc up

16 minutes ago, 675409 said:

Everywhere I go to ask, everybody says the same thing. Red for performance. Blue for lower temps. Green for efficiency.

Adding colorful lights to your PC does nothing in terms of performance, temps or efficiency. It's pure aesthetics (if you're into that)

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

You need to take into account the full spectrum of possible bonuses conferred.

ocescazpn9941.png 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

ocescazpn9941.png 

Ok now everybody is trolling us

It's not a troll. Due to the spectrum difference in lightwaves, it affects the components around it. For example light blue will infuse into CPU and GPU with higher(shorter) frequency waves and allow it to transfer heat & stay cooler.

Think of it like an X ray machine.

Spoiler
28 minutes ago, Middcore said:

ocescazpn9941.png 

can confirm, i set to yellow to load up game, switch to pink before the matches start. works every time.....

2 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:
  Hide contents

can confirm, i set to yellow to load up game, switch to pink before the matches start. works every time.....

More gamer girls in your matches is kind of a mixed blessing, since your team cohesion falls apart as everybody tries to either impress or troll them and forgets the objectives. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Common newbie mistake. 

While technically yellow makes you load faster, its a waste for online matches since you will end up waiting for other people with their non-yellow setup. 

You may as well just leave it pink. 

Just now, WereCat said:

Common newbie mistake. 

While technically yellow makes you load faster, its a waste for online matches since you will end up waiting for other people with their non-yellow setup. 

You may as well just leave it pink. 

Loading in first can still be a benefit. To be the first one to lock in a character in games with Highlander rules, for example. 

Just now, Middcore said:

Loading in first can still be a benefit. To be the first one to lock in a character in games with Highlander rules, for example. 

Guess I just haven't played any games like that for a long time then. 

I just remember that in EA Battlefront you could load early and start running towards objective before anyone else. 

Just now, WereCat said:

Guess I just haven't played any games like that for a long time then. 

I just remember that in EA Battlefront you could load early and start running towards objective before anyone else. 

I once had the opposite experience: trying to play Blur online with shitty wifi and a questionable college "gaming" laptop, and it would take so long to load that everybody else was literally a lap ahead by the time I got in the game. 

Change it to rainbow cycle and it helps ALL parts perform better! 

54 minutes ago, Middcore said:

ocescazpn9941.png 

no uv...

probably improve retro frame timings 😉

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Yes, RGB affects performance

1 hour ago, 675409 said:

Green for efficiency

Can confirm, Nvidia GPU tends to be more efficient than AMD on average

-grabs popcorn-

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Yes, RGB affects performance

Can confirm, Nvidia GPU tends to be more efficient than AMD on average

-grabs popcorn-

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING ABOUT MY AMD GPU????

...oh wait... *looks at sig* nvm.

* thread locked *

Trolling isn't allowed, and memes should be kept in the dedicated thread in the off-topic section.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !