What is your typing speed/accuracy?

Vishera
29 minutes ago, IPD said:

I don't think that matters so much.  What does matter is if you were trying to do this on an ANSI keyboard if you normally use ISO....or something to that effect.

There's also no capital letters, no punctuation marks, and no numbers.  So WPM is going to naturally be a bit slower when those are factored in.

True,

I too am not a native speaker of the English language.

And it doesn't make a difference,in my country we use both ANSI and ISO (US/US International layout).

I personally prefer the ANSI layout.

enUSin.thumb.png.5bcc2ea549d6972b1f0ea6230ab34616.png

I use the top right one.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

3 hours ago, Vishera said:

True,

I too am not a native speaker of the English language.

And it doesn't make a difference,in my country we use both ANSI and ISO (US/US International layout).

I personally prefer the ANSI layout.

enUSin.thumb.png.5bcc2ea549d6972b1f0ea6230ab34616.png

I use the top right one.

Yeah, you give me that one on the bottom right, and my WPM would drop to like 10.  With 50% errors. 

p.s.

Leave it to the British to decide they needed an enter key 2x the size of a sane one--and to half the size of a backspace key (not depicted in those diagrams).  Because, you know, the British like to claim they never make mistakes....

i cant spell so i cant type...:old-sad: but i upgrade from hunt an pecking... so there that...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

10 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i cant spell so i cant type...:old-sad: but i upgrade from hunt an pecking... so there that...

So how did you write this reply/comment?

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

So how did you write this reply/comment?

no idea must be a miracle❇️

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

image.png.593976cb922037a310319691f4f1246e.png

I liked that test but probably would have a lower WPM on some other tests and higher if I'm just typing naturally 

image.png.a02427c54e340cac78cba53d8b6b3b97.png

Did it on a keyboard with a Swiss QWERTZ layout, so hitting the y-key (z position for you yanks) is a bit harder, since German rarely has a use for that letter. It's in the regular ball park for my typing speed, changes a bit with how I feel at any given time I do a typing test, regardless of what keyboard I use (I used the shitty membrane keyboard I have at work for this) because honestly, the type of keyboard has no bearing on my typing speed. It's just how good it feels to type that changes.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

On 4/9/2022 at 3:44 PM, IPD said:

Yeah, you give me that one on the bottom right, and my WPM would drop to like 10.  With 50% errors. 

p.s.

Leave it to the British to decide they needed an enter key 2x the size of a sane one--and to half the size of a backspace key (not depicted in those diagrams).  Because, you know, the British like to claim they never make mistakes....

Oh yeah, leave it to the organization propped up by the UN, headquartered in Geneva, to come up with a standard that can actually work/be easily adapted for languages other than English. They're so silly!  /s

*Angrily writing in his ISO-ES Keyboard*

I personally can't imagine not having a chungus Enter key, to be honest. I'd probably miss it even more than the Ñ key.

I used to be around 90-100wpm back in University

Then I hurt my left hand and I'm typing around 60wpm now, because my left hand types using the thumb

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

On 4/8/2022 at 2:42 PM, DANK_AS_gay said:

I don't see proof. Literally every other submission shows proof of their current scores. I believe it when I see it.

I knew someone like you would come up. Here ya go.

image.png.e8398920754ac906632cee32896b6c56.png

I've never used this typing test before so here's another score from Nitrotype. I'm the second one.

image.png.c680a2c20bb04bcebb0562bf3bfa4e3e.png

My average score

image.png.cc3465e1de5a4919ebd8c75bc6b9e692.png

And in case you STILL don't believe me, here's my account history on Nitrotype which spans several years

image.png.8f232bb26e9371c3e426095f0285363b.png

image.png.e7a6a59791134dc8f1ff4da769b89779.png

In the end, wpm doesn't really matter as much as we think because you only type as fast as you can think on things like essays.

39 minutes ago, flaxe said:

I knew someone like you would come up. Here ya go.

I've never used this typing test before so here's another score from Nitrotype. I'm the second one.

My average score

And in case you STILL don't believe me, here's my account history on Nitrotype which spans several years

In the end, wpm doesn't really matter as much as we think because you only type as fast as you can think on things like essays.

Hey, I don't doubt that that's you, but anyone can claim anything. I thought you would provide a screenshot when I said that. I'm just saying that you still need proof, even if I believe you.

3 hours ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

Hey, I don't doubt that that's you, but anyone can claim anything. I thought you would provide a screenshot when I said that. I'm just saying that you still need proof, even if I believe you.

I understand dude. The internet is so untrustworthy and filled with stupid wannabes.

14 hours ago, Rauten said:

Oh yeah, leave it to the organization propped up by the UN, headquartered in Geneva, to come up with a standard that can actually work/be easily adapted for languages other than English. They're so silly!  /s

*Angrily writing in his ISO-ES Keyboard*

I personally can't imagine not having a chungus Enter key, to be honest. I'd probably miss it even more than the Ñ key.

Do you also need a mouse 3x normal size, so you can correctly click the buttons you intend to hit?

Frankly, there's no need for any key to be 2 rows high; (unless it's the plus/enter on your numberpad).  If you need a regular enter key like that, I'm inclined to also politely ask you to never use a firearm--as I abjectly question your accuracy abilities.

image.png.ecde15e0a50ca6095fee08656027d2f5.png

Damn, programming has absolutely destroyed my typing ability, I used to be able to type like 90 wpm using touch typing before I got into programming. I never realized my right hand cant do home row anymore, it only feels natural to do touch typing with the left while the right it is positioned weirdly to press things like " ' \ / {} [] () = . : |  <>

One hand is proper touch typing while the other is a hunt and peck style but with multiple fingers...lol

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

8 hours ago, IPD said:

Do you also need a mouse 3x normal size, so you can correctly click the buttons you intend to hit?

Right. Because having my Enter key be large means every other key is also extra large. My keyboard occupies the entire desk! IT IS A BLUNT WEAPON WITH WHICH I SMITE USERS THAT ANNOY ME!

I'm just used to it.

8 hours ago, IPD said:

Frankly, there's no need for any key to be 2 rows high; (unless it's the plus/enter on your numberpad). 

So, there's no need for any key. Except for the ones which are present in all keyboards that have a numpad. Those are acceptable, because... reasons.
But any other? OH NO NO, THAT IS NO GOOD, NO NO NO.

¿?

8 hours ago, IPD said:

If you need a regular enter key like that, I'm inclined to also politely ask you to never use a firearm--as I abjectly question your accuracy abilities.

Worry not, I don't live in the land of "grocery stores that sell ARs".

school blocky livechat, so monkehtype!

glorious gmmk 100% with gateron browns:

image.png.e656915a94eae4e5be1e118295a164e1.png

weirdo chromebook keyboard that also has stupidly high actuation force:

image.png.01e3eaf30e2df85bef5a9a8ac9f47527.png

I'm just going to blame key travel for the difference, I tend to get much more tired on the chromebook because of the short distance - i bottom out my keys and being used to other keyboards ends up with soreness

(also hurrah for growing up in the information age! learned typing in elementary school on typing agent (pi/10, would not recommend))

of course it still takes me forever to do assignments because my brain doesn't work 😄

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

4 hours ago, Rauten said:

Right. Because having my Enter key be large means every other key is also extra large. My keyboard occupies the entire desk! IT IS A BLUNT WEAPON WITH WHICH I SMITE USERS THAT ANNOY ME!

I'm just used to it.

So, there's no need for any key. Except for the ones which are present in all keyboards that have a numpad. Those are acceptable, because... reasons.
But any other? OH NO NO, THAT IS NO GOOD, NO NO NO.

¿?

Worry not, I don't live in the land of "grocery stores that sell ARs".

Well I'm open to the idea of putting extra keys in the numpad area--but nobody has ever come up with a better idea for what to put there.

p.s.

No, you live in the land of "Everything must die from lorry, acid and knife".

Keep it civil please. We don't need any hostility over which keyboard layout somebody prefers.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

A hell of a lot better than i expected. I hold my hands in the right spots but i stare at the keyboard so i had to read a word and look down then type and look back at the words. i know which finger is supposed to hit what key so while i type i gain a smidge of efficiency over the 2 finger poke but its still pretty damn slow. Also i misread 2 words so i typed the wrong word and since i was looking at my keyboard instead of the screen i didn't notice till i go to see the next word and the last one has a strike through it.

Capture.JPG.6d86eede87b8ad00638097dc7288071c.JPG

The ISO enter key isn't really any bigger than the ANSI one, it is just vertical, and a slightly odd shape. Probably its biggest advantage is saving me a fortune on custom keyboards, as so few are available in ISO, and I don't want to mess about with my muscle memory by getting an ANSI one.

4 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

The ISO enter key isn't really any bigger than the ANSI one, it is just vertical, and a slightly odd shape. Probably its biggest advantage is saving me a fortune on custom keyboards, as so few are available in ISO, and I don't want to mess about with my muscle memory by getting an ANSI one.

The ISO Enter key is a bit bigger since the key:

|

\

Is bigger on ANSI keyboards than on ISO keyboards.

248-2488119_physical-keyboard-layouts-co

Still makes no sense.  Using your AZERTY keyboard as an example, a 2-row enter key makes sense if you're also the kind of person who can't ever figure out whether you're typing "P" or "M".  And WTF is an ANSI, AZERTY keyboard even a thing?

I mean, with my fingers on my ANSI QUERTY home-row, my right pinky extends to the right perfectly to the enter key.  It would be a stretch to extend up to row 4 and tap an enter key up there.  So unless your home row is row 4 (which is even more baffling)--I see no point in a 2-row enter key.

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I do a typing test it often differs between 50-65-ish WPM. I am considerably lower than the rest of my programming buddies because I often punctuate my sentences which brings my WPM score down