Did LTT allow Volta to use LTT content in their updates? Volta using LTT association to gain trust

Go to solution Solved by CPotter,
22 hours ago, nutzaalex said:

A few months ago, I complained about LTT accepting to be sponsored by Volta while they are not delivering their promises, not being transparent, or ever providing a timeline.

Original Thread here:

^ From this topic, I'd still love an answer from LTT as to why they agreed to be sponsored by Volta given how their campaign is going (it's not rocket science, anyone can go on their campaign and read what people are saying)!

So I'll ask the same question:

Why do you promote them if they have yet to deliver & are behind?

Regarding this topic:

The most recent update with excuses from Volta includes a video posted by Volta from LTT, essentially using LTT's explanation about cash flow to justify their delays so far. Besides the fact that they come up with a different excuse with each update,

Did LTT give permission for this?

It looks like another way for them to inject confidence into the people by association with LTT who were supposed to get a product half a year ago.

My confidence in LTT has already dropped because of this, especially since the first topic got quietly buried. I'm hoping someone from LTT will respond this time because it will simply be image damaging if you do nothing.

Hey!

Apologies, we didn't see this or the original thread. This video and its use was NOT sanctioned by our team. We've been working with VOLTA since 2017, and haven't seen or heard any issues around their products or delays until recently.

@SeanLMGis messaging them and their founder now, and we'll be pausing any sponsorships with them until they get these issues resolved.

A few months ago, I complained about LTT accepting to be sponsored by Volta while they are not delivering their promises, not being transparent, or ever providing a timeline.

Original Thread here:

^ From this topic, I'd still love an answer from LTT as to why they agreed to be sponsored by Volta given how their campaign is going (it's not rocket science, anyone can go on their campaign and read what people are saying)!

Regarding this topic:

The most recent update with excuses from Volta includes a video posted by Volta from LTT, essentially using LTT's explanation about cash flow to justify their delays so far. Besides the fact that they come up with a different excuse with each update,

It looks like another way for them to inject confidence into the people by association with LTT who were supposed to get a product half a year ago.

My confidence in LTT has already dropped because of this, especially since the first topic got quietly buried. I'm hoping someone from LTT will respond this time because it will simply be image damaging if you do nothing.

I would post about it here:

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 minutes ago, nutzaalex said:

Usually the way sponsored videos work is that sponsor is given right to use video as their marketing material. They, after all, have paid for production of said video. Any other video used as part of marketing would need permission and/or pay for use since its used to make money to company using it as ad.

LMG also does do ads that aren't posted under any channel, but brands to be used directly for marketing purposes.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Usually the way sponsored videos work is that sponsor is given right to use video as their marketing material. They, after all, have paid for production of said video. Any other video used as part of marketing would need permission and/or pay for use since its used to make money to company using it as ad.

LMG also does do ads that aren't posted under any channel, but brands to be used directly for marketing purposes.

Apologies I didn't also link the video initially, you can see it above this post, its not related to the sponsorship, its a 4+ minute rip of another video, and its reposted by Volta.

3 minutes ago, nutzaalex said:

I'll do that, thanks!

Also forgot to add in the first post the actual ripped video by Volta: 

Can be seen from the latest update (nr 32)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/giga-the-ultimate-universal-gan-charger/x/27512488#/updates/32

Yeah, thats unacceptable and LMG should 100% do content ID claim on it. @JonoT

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

Yeah, thats unacceptable and LMG should 100% do content ID claim on it. @JonoT

Sure, but concerning future people who trust LTT to not be sellouts, please do minimum research before accepting and getting sponsored. At the time of the sponsorship if anyone went on the discussion page of the campaign in question they would read 1 positive comment for every 10 negative ones, that ought to raise some red flags!

22 hours ago, nutzaalex said:

Original Thread here:

Regarding this topic:

Hey!

Apologies, we didn't see this or the original thread. This video and its use was NOT sanctioned by our team. We've been working with VOLTA since 2017, and haven't seen or heard any issues around their products or delays until recently.

@SeanLMGis messaging them and their founder now, and we'll be pausing any sponsorships with them until they get these issues resolved.

7 hours ago, CPotter said:

Hey!

Just like to say that I love you guys are relatively swift and firm with stuff like this.

many channels would keep getting money from them until it became a widely known problem and they faced serious backlash. 

The fact that even late to learning about it and still went and asked and paused sponsorships until you can agree on something is amazing  

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Hey all, just giving an update on this. We reached out to Volta, had them pull this video segment as it was done without our permission, and we won't be sponsoring with them until their distribution issues have been resolved. They're shipping the product out now in batches, with 3000 more of the chargers arriving at their offices soon. Our contact said everyone should receive their GIGA charger by the end of the month, so we are going to keep an eye on this and how they continue to support their customers ahead of resuming any partnerships with them. 

As @CPotter said, Volta was a long term partner of ours, and we just were recently made aware of these issues with distribution and customer support. Thanks so much to @nutzaalex for bringing this to our attention so we could get it taken care of. The trust you guys place in us is super important, so we want to make sure we're dealing with stuff like this as soon as it comes up. Appreciate you all! 

It would've been nice if we could've heard the bit about 3,000 chargers on the way, from Volta. They don't give us numbers often.

Also, good job LTT on moving on this fast.

• 3 weeks later...

Just made aware? The post from Jan did not raise any red flags?

This minimal post, that reads like a standard PR response, does not instill confidence in LTT's selection of sponsors. 

I get it, you are in the business of making money. I has mistakenly assumed that LTT was in the long game of building a trusted platform and the money would come. Taking the quick buck from a company like Volta, even though they have had issues on crowd funding platforms in the past, shows I was incorrect in my assumptions.

I have lost trust in LTT. Bad enough to make a mistake, but this is the response? I am just one person, but I am sure others feel the same way.

I hope LTT learns from this, otherwise they will slowly erode the trust they have built. They have lost me as a subscriber.

1 hour ago, RickWalz said:

This minimal post, that reads like a standard PR response, does not instill confidence in LTT's selection of sponsors. 

I get it, you are in the business of making money. I has mistakenly assumed that LTT was in the long game of building a trusted platform and the money would come. Taking the quick buck from a company like Volta, even though they have had issues on crowd funding platforms in the past, shows I was incorrect in my assumptions.

I have lost trust in LTT. Bad enough to make a mistake, but this is the response? I am just one person, but I am sure others feel the same way.

I hope LTT learns from this, otherwise they will slowly erode the trust they have built. They have lost me as a subscriber.

This hasn't been first time they have taken short road. Its been now about year of taking mediocre sponsor money instead of vetting and testing actually all. So if that is your limit for not watching, you really don't need to announce it. They will see numbers.

E: And because that sounded like I'm hc fanboy, I've lost my faith with LMG actually choosing good sponsors long time ago. Which is why I don't buy anything they promote. Or recommend such. For the most parts, I just enjoy content.

I just hate overall "I quit" style in posts. You don't like it, you stop watching. You have criticism, you give it. Simple.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I get what you are saying, but I thought they might appreciate the feedback and have some insight as to why their numbers are going down.

10 hours ago, RickWalz said:

LMG shifted to being an actual advertisement platform a long time ago. They have videos sponsored by companies, featuring sponsored hardware from another company with ads for merch all wrapped up in yet more YouTube Adsense ads.

Why people want to watch 4 layers of advertisement inception is beyond me, but at the very least, it should be apparent that they’re not to be relied on as a source of trusted information.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

Bit late to the party here, but I found Volta through LTT a few years ago, and have since spent a few hundred $$ there changing every single charger in my house to the volta ecosystem

I've had multiple issues with Spark 2.0 cable tips disintegrating for no apparent reason and spark cables making poor connections resulting in extremely slow charging rates (think 0.3A or so). The new 100W cables ONLY fast charge if theyre facing a certain direction, which isnt mentioned anywhere in the advertising.

I've had to make multiple warranty returns for faulty products, its almost like they dont do any QC at all.

I havent ordered a giga charger, and i honestly dont really want to give volta any more of my money than i need to, but at this point im too deep and itll cost another $300-$500 to switch to a competitors cables.

As of right now, im waiting for some tips to come in for my new iphone after being with android for 11 years... its been 12 days and the order hasnt even been picked and packed let alone shipped (which i paid express for). This is the 2nd time that an order and been "ignored" in the system, and it only gets resolved when i kick up a stink

Just thought the LTT community should know from someone whos experiencing voltas terrible service firsthand.

Screenshot_1565.png