With the newegg and gamer nexus problem, UFD Tech also had a problem with Newegg in 2020 and newegg attempted to use hush money

TheawesomeMCB

-> Moved to General Discussion

This could be expansion to GN thing, but doesn't really add anything newsworthy as its own.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, Annika said:

Trusting strangers is also how human life works.

Can I have your credit card info?

Just wanna add it to my collection, definitely not gonna use it to buy anything sus 

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

Just wanna add it to my collection, definitely not gonna use it to buy anything sus 

If you get it, grab me a 3090 or 6900 XT. I'm not picky.

And to stay on topic, Newegg is trash. The end.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

5 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

That is clearly different. We trust institutions as well so a teacher is generally trusted because we trust in the institutions that allow them to be teachers. It's sorta like how we trust a doctor because we know they went to school and got their MD and passed all of the tests and required experience. Trying to compare that to people trusting a random person on the internet review is completely different. Honestly if there was one place where trusting a stranger is stupid to do it would be the internet. 

You're still trusting the presence of someone who could be notoriously wrong, like Linus and other influencers.  I'm more trusting of random joes with actual proof than influencers because influencers will do what they can for attention, no matter how dumb it is.  I'm not going to trust attention whores like that.  Influencers are just cringe parasites to me.

My shovel hurts more than your repressed memories.

4 hours ago, Moonzy said:

I don't have a credit card.

My shovel hurts more than your repressed memories.

why was Gamers nexus thing end up on tech news but this was moved to general section when UFD tech clearly has evidence of new egg bribing and scaming people ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

52 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

why was Gamers nexus thing end up on tech news but this was moved to general section when UFD tech clearly has evidence of new egg bribing and scaming people ?

Technically both aren't supposed to be in tech news subforum

It's about the company, not about tech

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

12 hours ago, Moonzy said:

Technically both aren't supposed to be in tech news subforum

It's about the company, not about tech

so why was that let be on news section? is newegg scaming people not a news in tech space? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

New Egg should be rebranded as Rotten Egg.

Anyway, just my thought, most, if not all, merchants will try to scam as much as possible if they know they can get away cleanly, even those that you know them quite well. No matter how, profit is still their number 1 priority for business, or they would already become charities.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

On 2/13/2022 at 2:20 PM, SlidewaysZ said:

The problem I see with all this Newegg bashing is literally nothing will change anyway. Where else are you going to get your parts from? Everywhere else is either gone out of business or doesn't have 1/3rd of the inventory Newegg does. The PC parts industry is ruthless and I think all Newegg is doing is showing how ruthless you have to be to make it in the industry because no one else seems to still be around anymore.

This mentality is what big businesses want so they can keep business as usual. Speaking out about problems within a company is how people can bring about change. If a company like Newegg were to fall because of shady business practices, another company will spring up to take its place.

i9 13900k | MSI Z790 CARBON WiFi | 32GB Kingston FURY Beast | Asus TUF Gaming 4090 OC | WD Black NVMe 1TB | WD 2TB SSD | Thermaltake 1350 80 Plus Gold | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm | Windows 11 Pro | Alienware 240hz | Phanteks Eclipse P500A Digital LED | HyperX Alloy | Logitech G502 | HyperX Alpha

On 2/13/2022 at 12:41 AM, Vishera said:

In one sentence - Incompetence which is borderline fraudulent.

I had a retailer that tried to use dirty and fraudulent tactics on me - I sent scary legal threats written in a very convincing legalese (the language of lawyers :D)

Only then they gave me the money they should have given me from the beginning.

Don't give them time - That's a mistake,since they like to abuse it and basically do nothing.

The maximum you should give them is a month,and if a month has passed - press on them really hard,

Threaten them,harass them,don't let them BS you,and if that doesn't work then get the authorities involved and don't forget to clarify to them that that's something you can do.

And off course revealing it to the public,especially when you have a large following is another way to pressure them.

Most people don't know how to deal with such situations,and corporations are abusing it.

And people wonder how KAREN's started to appear.  Almost like unethical business practices gave rise to this....

On 2/13/2022 at 4:17 AM, Brooksie359 said:

I honestly believe most companies make things difficult on purpose so that 90% of the people will see how much of a hassle it is and simply give up. I mean at a certain point if the money isn't huge it really isn't worth the time to try and get your money back. 

Well that's pretty much how Apple sunk HTC as a competitor...so there's that...

On 2/13/2022 at 4:42 AM, Kronoton said:

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence"

Really needs to be changed to something like:

"No amount of incompetence rules out malice"

So call it "Hanlon's inverse razor"?

On 2/13/2022 at 9:26 AM, Chrysalairus said:

It's pretty surprising that Newegg even let this happen. It's gross incompetence at best and malicious at worse. It feels like Newegg though they were untouchable and they didn't need to care about UFD doing anything privately. I hope they take this situation and fix their internal issues. Unfortunately I doubt upper management even knows what they're doing at this point. After the second GN video I asked Newegg to delete my account and I'll never use it again. There's plenty of other shops I can order from online.

For the love of god, do tell.  Because the number I can think of to order from online here in the USA...I can probably count on 1 hand with fingers to spare.

On 2/13/2022 at 4:44 PM, Chrysalairus said:

Speedrunning Bankruptcy Any%

Of course you realize they will just rebrand.  Like how FB is Meta.  Or how Comcast is Xfinity.  They know their moniker is poison, so they will simply change it and keep going.  Far cheaper to fake being a new company--than to repair the damage to your image by years of incompetence or malice aforethought.

54 minutes ago, IPD said:

For the love of god, do tell.  Because the number I can think of to order from online here in the USA...I can probably count on 1 hand with fingers to spare.

Indeed the US doesn't have enough tech retailers, though I like B&H and Adorama,  they're both camera stores but have a good amount of PC hardware. Bestbuy has started using a paywall which only helps scalpers, so i'm thinking of avoiding them. Microcenter is nice if you have one, otherwise you only have a few choices.

54 minutes ago, IPD said:

Of course you realize they will just rebrand.  Like how FB is Meta.  Or how Comcast is Xfinity.  They know their moniker is poison, so they will simply change it and keep going.  Far cheaper to fake being a new company--than to repair the damage to your image by years of incompetence or malice aforethought.

I doubt newegg would rebrand themselves, techies know what newegg is and changing the company name might only hurt them more, I think newegg would put out some PR apology in the Gamers Nexus interview and show how their RMA process works. Most people will still buy from  newegg for the convenience, the only advantage newegg has IMO is their search filtering compared to finding parts on Amazon.

4 hours ago, IPD said:

Ah, well I live in Canada. You guys got adorama, b&h, memoryc, and microcenter.

Canada has shoprbc, vuugo, canada computers, memory Express, and we can buy stuff from b&h as well as adorama. So you're right in a small amount but it's still An amount. I can easily buy parts without going to Newegg. Quite honestly I've found Newegg to be generally more expensive than other options most of the time.

5 hours ago, IPD said:

And people wonder how KAREN's started to appear.  Almost like unethical business practices gave rise to this....

That's how you treat bad actors in the business world,not other people!

You are entitled to what you demand like in my case and UFD's case in situations of a bad actor in business,but not when it comes to other people!

So it seems like Karens apply that behavior to anyone they speak with...

I can see how some people get into high ranking job in a big business,get used to behaving like that due to the nature of the business world,

And then treating everyone this way like it's the business world because that's all they have been doing in recent years.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 hour ago, Chrysalairus said:

Ah, well I live in Canada. You guys got adorama, b&h, memoryc, and microcenter.

Canada has shoprbc, vuugo, canada computers, memory Express, and we can buy stuff from b&h as well as adorama. So you're right in a small amount but it's still An amount. I can easily buy parts without going to Newegg. Quite honestly I've found Newegg to be generally more expensive than other options most of the time.

I just realized that I have a harder time trying to find a FACTORY NEW (not refurbished) Pioneer double-din Navigation head unit, than I do trying to find a new GPU.

Supply chain issues are out of control.  Heads need to roll.

50 minutes ago, IPD said:

I just realized that I have a harder time trying to find a FACTORY NEW (not refurbished) Pioneer double-din Navigation head unit, than I do trying to find a new GPU.

Supply chain issues are out of control.  Heads need to roll.

Yeah, car electronics were hit way harder than gpus. I had to get my new gpu from adorama. Everywhere else was selling the 3070 for 1500 but I got it for 1048 from adorama. That was including duty and taxes of course. I had to call them as well. Since they only take orders for in stock gpus if you call them.