Windows 11 - Insider Program - Master Thread

GoodBytes
2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

i used to be able to download any free apps (except games) from store without a Microsoft account in win 10?

Hasn't changed.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

442094648_Screenshot2021-07-02172955-2.thumb.png.4240e0222b2b650e2a2c1371022e40d3.png

1778898792_Screenshot2021-07-0217315-3.thumb.png.1469b5c2f813fc16bb184555b97e26ab.png

Easier than I thought. Turn *off* secure boot, which was on by default and youre ready to go!

but, few questions

- can i turn secure boot back on now?

- am i seeing this right, you have to download most Microsoft apps like paint etc from the store, so you need a Microsoft account after all? Or maybe not, i used to be able to download any free apps (except games) from store without a Microsoft account in win 10?

- bonus question, i dont have a win 10 pro key, this laptop came with home, how bad am i screwed or should most stuff still work ?

- Yes, you can turn that back now.

- Yes, you can still download apps from the store without a Microsoft Account BUT since you are using a developer preview, you should use a Microsoft Account because...

- In order for you to continue using and updating Windows 11 Developer Preview, you need a Microsoft account. They even give it away to those who tested it.

CPU - i9-11900K

Motherboard - ROG Strix Z590-F

RAM - G.Skill F4-3600C18-16GVK DDR4

GPU - MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Seahawk

Case - Phanteks Enthoo 719

Storage

PNY CS3030 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD
Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM004-2CV104
Seagate BarraCuda 120 SSD ZA1000CM10003
Seagate BarraCuda ST4000LM024-2AN17V

PSU - Corsair RM850 Gold 850watts 80+ Fully Modular

Display(s) - 24" Dell P2418HT (x2)

Cooling - NZXT Z63

48 minutes ago, edwaine said:

In order for you to continue using and updating Windows 11 Developer Preview, you need a Microsoft account. They even give it away to those who tested it.

you mean they give away the license or the account ? (they can keep the account 😅) yes Im *totally* a developer, currently working on a UE5 game (even though it would definitely help to know what im doing, im not very far lol)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

54 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

you mean they give away the license or the account ? (they can keep the account 😅) yes Im *totally* a developer, currently working on a UE5 game (even though it would definitely help to know what im doing, im not very far lol)

Lol I mean the license.

CPU - i9-11900K

Storage

Cooling - NZXT Z63

1 hour ago, edwaine said:

Lol I mean the license.

And how does this work, do they email it or something?

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I like the new look that settings has in build 22000.51

Seems easier to find stuff and things.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

26 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

I like the new look that settings has in build 22000.51

Seems easier to find stuff and things.

Same… this is also a lot closer to what i wanted (centric instead of hidden in the corner) and with pinned apps things are quicker to access, less clumsy than "tiles" while serving the same purpose.

i also like the icons and stuff, more modern and better proportionated than 10 where a lot of things were really tiny and blurry.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

And how does this work, do they email it or something?

Just link it up your Microsoft Account to Windows, and join Windows Insider Program go to Settings>Windows Update>Windows Insider Program>Get Started & follow the instructions (I did a clean install of Windows 11 so that's the process to join up from a Windows 11 PC). You can only choose Dev for now but within a month, a Beta will be released. As long as you're in the preview, you don't have to worry about the license.

CPU - i9-11900K

Storage

Cooling - NZXT Z63

Just now, edwaine said:

Just link it up your Microsoft Account to Windows, and join Windows Insider Program go to Settings>Windows Update>Windows Insider Program>Get Started & follow the instructions (I did a clean install of Windows 11 so that's the process to join up from a Windows 11 PC). You can only choose Dev for now but within a month, a Beta will be released. As long as you're in the preview, you don't have to worry about the license.

I see, nice, thanks…! Yeah, i tried that but all i get is a spinning circle, it doesnt  seem to load, is that normal? 

And yes, i made an account , its just the insider thing doesnt want to load. 🤔

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

I see, nice, thanks…! Yeah, i tried that but all i get is a spinning circle, it doesnt  seem to load, is that normal? 

And yes, i made an account , its just the insider thing doesnt want to load. 🤔

I did experience that when I test it out on a virtual machine. Yeah, that's kinda weird.

CPU - i9-11900K

Storage

Cooling - NZXT Z63

New build has been released: 22000.65

This build is focused on bug fixes and minor improvements:

(Please note that Microsoft tend to only mention bugs fixes or improvement that they see being large or widely affected. Doesn't mean your issue is not listed that it's not fixed. New bugs/issues might be new, this is typically because work is still in progress, or they fix something but breaks something else)

• Start now has a search box to make it easier to find what you’re looking for.
  • Taskbar will now show across multiple monitors which can be enabled via Settings > Personalization > Taskbar.
  • We have updated several system alert dialog boxes such as the alert for when the battery is running low on your laptop or when you change your display settings with the new Windows 11 visual design.
  • The ‘Power mode’ settings are now available on the Power & battery page in Settings.
  • Right clicking the desktop now directly has a Refresh option without needing to click “Show more options”.
  • Right clicking a .ps1 file in File Explorer now directly has a Run with PowerShell options without needing to click “Show more options”.
  • Available snap layouts when using smaller PCs in portrait orientation have been optimized for that posture. You can now choose to snap three apps on top of each other, instead of four quadrants.
  • Based on the collaboration with the most popular GIF provider in China, weshineapp.com, GIF selections are now available for Windows Insiders in China via the emoji panel (WIN + .). If the location is set as China, then GIF data will appear from weshineapp.com.
  • Right-clicking on the volume icon in the taskbar now includes an option to troubleshoot sound problems.

Bug fixes:

• We fixed a remote code execution exploit in the Windows Print Spooler service, known as “PrintNightmare”, as documented in CVE-2021-34527. For more information, see KB5004945.

Taskbar:

• We fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to click the Show Desktop button with your mouse at the very edge of the Taskbar.
  • We fixed an issue where the date and time in the Taskbar weren’t reflecting your preferred format.
  • We fixed an issue where the preview window might not display the entire window when hovering over Task View on the Taskbar.
  • We fixed an issue pressing ESC or clicking the desktop wouldn’t dismiss the window of open app preview thumbnails if you set focus to it after pressing WIN + T.
  • We fixed an issue where if you rotate a PC to portrait orientation and back to landscape, it could result in app icons not displaying in the Taskbar despite there being room.

Settings:

• We fixed an issue resulting in Settings failing to launch. If you were impacted in the previous flight, please see here.
  • We fixed a noticeable stutter in the animation when closing Quick Settings and Notification Center by clicking on their respective icons in the taskbar.
  • We fixed an issue where the Quick Settings and Notification Center windows were missing shadows.
  • We fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to launch Quick Settings by setting keyboard focus to it in the taskbar and pressing the Enter key.
  • We fixed an issue where Quick Settings wouldn’t render correctly if you removed all settings except volume.
  • We fixed an issue that mitigates Focus Assist enabling unexpectedly.
  • We fixed an issue with the animation in the touch keyboard when resizing it in Settings.
  • We fixed an issue where Sign-in Options in Settings had an unexpected checkbox under Facial Recognition with no text.
  • We fixed an issue where the button to disconnect a work or school account in Account Settings wasn’t working.
  • We fixed an issue where Lock screen Settings had a toggle with no text.
  • We fixed an issue where the title of the Advanced Options page under Windows Update in Settings could be missing.
  • We fixed an issue where the “Windows privacy options” at the bottom of Privacy & Security > Search Permissions in Settings wasn’t working.
  • We fixed an issue where the Open Navigation button could become overlapped with other text.
  • We fixed an issue causing Settings to crash when applying a theme under Contrasts.
  • We fixed an issue where parts of Settings were unexpectedly in English for some non-English languages.

File Explorer:

• We fixed an issue resulting in pinning and unpinning apps from Start not working, the command bar in File Explorer disappearing, and the snap layouts unexpectedly not appearing until rebooting your PC.
  • We fixed an issue that could result in the elements of File Explorer’s title bar being unreadable due to low contrast.
  • We fixed an issue where some of the icons in File Explorer’s context menu could be blurry.
  • We fixed an issue where the “see more” menu in File Explorer’s command bar wouldn’t dismiss when you clicked on Options.
  • We fixed an issue that could result in not being able to create a new folder on the desktop.

Search:

• We fixed an issue resulting in Search having grey boxes sometimes instead of app icons.
  • We fixed an issue that could result in Search dropping the first keystroke when pressing the Windows key and starting to type.
  • We fixed an issue where when hovering your mouse over the Search icon on the taskbar, the third recent search would not load and remained blank.
  • We fixed an issue where if you searched for Windows Update, it would open Settings but not navigate to the Windows Update settings page.

Widgets:

• We fixed an issue where system text scaling was scaling all widgets proportionally and could result in cropped widgets.
  • We fixed an issue where when using screen reader/Narrator in widgets it wasn’t properly announcing content sometimes.
  • We fixed an issue where resizing the Money widget could result in the bottom half of it not displaying anything.

Other:

• We fixed a memory leak that was noticeable when using one of the C# printing samples.
  • We fixed an issue causing an error in safe mode saying 0xc0000005 – Unexpected parameters.
  • We fixed two issues that could cause explorer.exe to start crashing in a loop, when the display language was set to Russian or when multiple input methods enabled.
  • We fixed an issue where if you minimize a full screen window and later restore it, there was a chance it could result in a bug check with win32kfull.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in some WSL users seeing “The parameter is incorrect” when opening Windows Terminal.
  • We fixed an issue causing blurry windows in ALT + Tab.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in a flicker in the taskbar when Korean IME users used ALT + Tab.
  • We fixed an issue impacting reliability of displaying the UI when using WIN + Space to switch input methods.
  • We fixed an issue impacting voice typing reliability.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in the “New snip in X seconds” options in Snip & Sketch not working.

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/07/08/announcing-windows-11-insider-preview-build-22000-65/

Simply check for update, and you should get the update if the update has yet arrived on your side 🙂

You people are installing that on your main/secondary computer? I'm waiting for them to give up the crap of "uh, you don't get the gold build and will have to manually reinstall W10".

Nope, machines I have no particular use for at the time

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

If you have Edge Canary, head over to: edge://flags, and search and enable: "Enable Windows 11 Visual Updates"

Restart, and you can now enjoy the updated interface for Windows 11:

800282161_Screenshot2021-07-10213101.thumb.png.2f0ce163cc243dd8fce492e4733e1442.png

5 minutes ago, Slo2020 said:

When Windows 11 beta?

Good question! Typically, there is a release once a month for the beta channel. But it really falls when Microsoft is happy enough with a release.

In no condition to read all of this thread, but just installed win11 on a 3900x/3080

Is there an insider program community where you can go to report bug's?

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

1 hour ago, Psittac said:

You use the Feedback Hub.

this is just alpha?

Dev preview.

F@H

GPD Win 2

In no condition to read all of this thread, but just installed win11 on a 3900x/3080

The idea is that you report it with the FeedBack Hub program. However, just know that Microsoft doesn't really check the feedback hub so it's basically useless.

Don't be surprised if you never get any feedback or indication that they have seen your bug report.

I know that you can set different wallpaper per monitor and per virtual desktop, but can I have a different wallpaper per monitor on each virtual desktop? with only one virtual desktop when I right click on the wallpaper I want the options are my different monitors but when I have more then one the options are the different desktops and set that wallpaper on ALL the monitors when on that desktop.

Hello Guys,

i have a problem trying to get into the insider program, everytime im trying to switch to optional diagnostic data its switching back to required diagnostic data automatically..

i even tried reinstalling windows now and it still doesnt work.. 

does someone have a fix?

29 minutes ago, GooTKnife said:

Hello Guys,

i have a problem trying to get into the insider program, everytime im trying to switch to optional diagnostic data its switching back to required diagnostic data automatically..

i even tried reinstalling windows now and it still doesnt work.. 

does someone have a fix?

Are you using a Microsoft linked account that is linked to school or work?

Windows Terminal Preview 1.10 is here!

• Quake mode. Hit Win+` key combination and you'll get the command prompt drop down from the top anytime, like the game Quake.
  • Command Pallet is now part of the drop-down menu when opening a new tab, right next to Settings menu item. This gives you a little panel with a list of command you can do, and their keyboard shortcuts.
  • Bold Text support has finally arrived. So now text can be not only underlined and italic, but bold.
  • "Default" profiles under settings have been added

Also has some other minor improvements and bug fixes, which you can see here:

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/commandline/windows-terminal-preview-1-10-release/

You can get the Windows Terminal Preview from the Store:

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N8G5RFZ9XK3

If you already have it, check for updates for apps, and you should get it if you don't have it already (Store > Library > Get updates)