Windows 11 - Insider Program - Master Thread

GoodBytes
59 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

For those on the leak build, did you have to join the Insider preview program to get the builds? Or where you auto-joined in? (I am just curious)

Yes, Windows 11 is avail on my side, and downloading on all my devices.

I'm on dev build for years imo.

Btw Sound Blaster Z does not work on 11 insider. Not going to add more bug reports, just mentioning.

Edit: had to uninstall in device manager and uninstall drivers etc and started functioning.

I edit my posts more often than not

Also this may help others who find the default taskbar size bloody infuriating.

https://winaero.com/how-to-change-taskbar-size-in-windows-11/

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

1 minute ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

can't seem to move the taskbar to the left side (like I did in Win10). It's not in the taskbar settings. 

Right click the taskbar/taskbar settings then drop down Taskbar Behaviors,  You can select the alignment on the first option.

Untitled.png

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

1 minute ago, Tieox said:

Right click the taskbar/taskbar settings then drop down Taskbar Behaviors,  You can select the alignment on the first option.

Untitled.png

This only moves the ICONS, but not the taskbar itself. 

Thx though. 

1 minute ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

This only moves the ICONS, but not the taskbar itself. 

Thx though. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/o8fml8/how_to_move_taskbar_to_anywhere_on_windows_11/

To enjoy the new Store, you need to update the Store!
933397638_Screenshot2021-06-28152212.thumb.png.3c77f12980d39e669faa09c29165f7a1.png

That said, as expected: No Android app, and the content is the same as the old store.

Hopefully the store system works better

6 minutes ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

Snap Layouts doesn't show up for me. 

(where U hover over the square and it's suppose to show snapping options)

You need to roll over and wait on the maximize/restore button to get the options

When snapping the mouse to the right bottom and clicking it, it won't show desktop. 

You need to pin-point the mouse to find it. 

This is not good 😞

3 minutes ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

When snapping the mouse to the right bottom and clicking it, it won't show desktop. 

This is not good 😞

Looks like an alignment problem. Should be fix in the future.

11 minutes ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

This is not good 😞

Yeah, missing that option too. Had to look up keyboard shortcut instead - Win+D

I edit my posts more often than not

Decided to run a multi-core test on Cinebench with a skylake processor (running in a VM - 6600K) to see if the claims about the CPU list being  an "experience" reason holds up. The scores I got are essentially what I would've gotten running Windows 10, and come close to various other Intel chips which are supported. Then again we may see Microsoft drop this stupid list entirely in the future hopefully, but one can only hope.

image.png.700ff659d15ad0cf4955f5fed7cc2e18.png

11 minutes ago, Pyxlwuff said:

Decided to run a multi-core test on Cinebench with a skylake processor (running in a VM - 6600K) to see if the claims about the CPU list being  an "experience" reason holds up. The scores I got are essentially what I would've gotten running Windows 10, and come close to various other Intel chips which are supported. Then again we may see Microsoft drop this stupid list entirely in the future hopefully, but one can only hope.

Actually, I noticed this too with the benchmarks I did between first Win10 to latest (no change, but it does feel slower). I don't think we are doing the test properly.

You see, we are doing the benchmark while the CPU does nothing. What changes is that some tasks takes more CPU power.

I'll run Cinebench on my side tonight, but my Core i7-930 is struggling. Some things takes time to show up.  Heck, even File explorer take more time to load than before. So as a result, under Windows 10, I can live with my slow poke system... but under Windows 11... ouff.

So I don't think this the right benchmark to run.

10 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Actually, I noticed this too with the benchmarks I did between early Win10 to latest (no change, but it did slower). I don't think we are doing the test properly.

You see, we are doing the benchmark while the CPU does nothing. What changes is that some tasks takes more CPU power.

I'll run Cinebench on my side tonight, but my Core i7-930 is struggling. Some things takes time to show up.  Heck, even File explorer take more time to load than before. So as a result, under Windows 10, I can live with my slow poke system... but under Windows 11... ouff.

Only issues i've had so far is with settings being a bit unstable overall, and with switching between options and opening menus but that's to be expected (there's quite a few known issues with Settings according to MS with this build). Apart from that it's been smooth-sailing for me. Currently installing stuff like office and grabbing a UWP app build to see how much I can stress this machine to see if MS can "justify" these choices.

Does anyone know how to move the taskbar to my second monitor? On Windows 10 I had it only on my second monitor and can`t do it now and it just bugs me.

3 minutes ago, minus439 said:

Does anyone know how to move the taskbar to my second monitor? On Windows 10 I had it only on my second monitor and can`t do it now and it just bugs me.

Microsoft has it listed as a known issue. (scroll to bottom of post)

I've got it running on my ThinkPad P50 with an i7 6700HQ. So far, the only issues I've ran into is the task bar has crashed a couple of times.

I won't really be able to delve into more until I get off of work, though.

Not having any issues with Explorer opening slowly. Seems just as snappy as it did on 10.

26 minutes ago, minus439 said:

Capture.PNG

CPU - i9-11900K

Motherboard - ROG Strix Z590-F

RAM - G.Skill F4-3600C18-16GVK DDR4

GPU - MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Seahawk

Case - Phanteks Enthoo 719

Storage

PNY CS3030 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD
Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM004-2CV104
Seagate BarraCuda 120 SSD ZA1000CM10003
Seagate BarraCuda ST4000LM024-2AN17V

PSU - Corsair RM850 Gold 850watts 80+ Fully Modular

Display(s) - 24" Dell P2418HT (x2)

Cooling - NZXT Z63

2 minutes ago, edwaine said:

Capture.PNG

It’s not it, I want the taskbar only on my second monitor, not on both. As it has been replied before it is a known issue and will get fixed.

8 minutes ago, minus439 said:

It’s not it, I want the taskbar only on my second monitor, not on both. As it has been replied before it is a known issue and will get fixed.

What about System>Display>Multiple Displays>Make this my Main Display

Will that work? I did adjust my main display on the leaked Windows 11.

Capture.PNG

CPU - i9-11900K

Motherboard - ROG Strix Z590-F

RAM - G.Skill F4-3600C18-16GVK DDR4

GPU - MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Seahawk

Case - Phanteks Enthoo 719

Storage

PNY CS3030 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD
Seagate BarraCuda ST4000DM004-2CV104
Seagate BarraCuda 120 SSD ZA1000CM10003
Seagate BarraCuda ST4000LM024-2AN17V

PSU - Corsair RM850 Gold 850watts 80+ Fully Modular

Display(s) - 24" Dell P2418HT (x2)

Cooling - NZXT Z63

Second Monitor Taskbar, No App Icons

its just a blank taskbar, despite the option being checked. Did they really not even bother to plug another monitor in while working on windows 11? This is day 1 kind of stuff, alpha build or not....

Anyone got a working second monitor task bar with app icons on it like they should be?

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

Heres an image of my taskbar across both monitors, half these apps are open on my second display but my second display taskbar remains blank, i have the correct option toggle on.

Screenshot 2021-06-28 190138.png

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

16 minutes ago, MahtXL said:

Second Monitor Taskbar, No App Icons

its just a blank taskbar, despite the option being checked. Did they really not even bother to plug another monitor in while working on windows 11? This is day 1 kind of stuff, alpha build or not....

Anyone got a working second monitor task bar with app icons on it like they should be?

Well, you see, that is the Insider program. Sorry for not making this clear. 😕

The company is working on it as we speak. You, we, get weekly releases (just about). Make that monthly build if you go the Beta channel. The builds are more polished, passes through more QA.